Resistances

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Fav
Re: Resistances

Post by Fav » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:48 am

cinos wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:26 pm
Any suggestion for resistances other than removing them is a bad one.
My suggestion would be like counting fire, ice and electric resistance in normal numbers just like poison, not in percentage.
That would be easier to „feel“ the change of upgrading armorys with those runes.
Peaky Blinders #1 :mrgreen:

C0ck

Post by C0ck » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:05 am

You just bad at math

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:16 pm

C0ck wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:05 am
You just bad at math
Seems so. He don't understand how many damage player will take from attacks.

Fav

Post by Fav » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:27 pm

TheWood wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:16 pm
C0ck wrote:
You just bad at math
Yo.. please fix ur english, my braincells die when im reading what u typed.
*He doesn’t*. *how much damage*. Ur whole sentence doesnt make any sense.
Also you didnt understand what I meant. So dont submit any stupid comments.

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:54 pm

Fav wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:27 pm
TheWood wrote:
C0ck wrote:
You just bad at math
Fix your English too, who will write "braincells" when it is spelled separately. How difficult it is for you to understand what I typed. "My brain cells are dying when reading what you typed".
You are telling me that I didn't understand what you suggested. But you suggested replacing % resistance with a number like poison. But what you don't understand is that the damage from fire or electricity can be much more than poison, it depends on the amount of your armor. For example 10 units of resistance to fire might help a player with 100k+ defense. But if your defense is not that high and the fire damage on you is 200-300, 10 units won't do anything. If the value is more than 10, then it will just make the use of some runes useless in pvp.
% is the best balanced option so far.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Have to agree with wood here. Changing the resistances from % to set values would be pretty dumb. The reason they are in % in the first place is because the damage they deal is based on % as well. It’s only logical to count the resistance in % as well then.

Fav

Post by Fav » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:06 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Have to agree with wood here. Changing the resistances from % to set values would be pretty dumb. The reason they are in % in the first place is because the damage they deal is based on % as well. It’s only logical to count the resistance in % as well then.
Didnt know that..still doesnt give me a feel of tank some fire.. with a maxxed set… so its bad in either way.

Fav

Post by Fav » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:26 pm

TheWood wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:54 pm
Fav wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:27 pm
TheWood wrote:
Fix your English too, who will write "braincells" when it is spelled separately. How difficult it is for you to understand what I typed. "My brain cells are dying when reading what you typed".
You are telling me that I didn't understand what you suggested. But you suggested replacing % resistance with a number like poison. But what you don't understand is that the damage from fire or electricity can be much more than poison, it depends on the amount of your armor. For example 10 units of resistance to fire might help a player with 100k+ defense. But if your defense is not that high and the fire damage on you is 200-300, 10 units won't do anything. If the value is more than 10, then it will just make the use of some runes useless in pvp.
% is the best balanced option so far.
Sherlock ong.. i might missed some info about the damage a player deals on a fire runed weapon, maybe the fire rune wasnt the best example.
Cv explained it perfectly while u tried to make me look stupid with ur broken english.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:22 pm

Fav wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:06 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Didnt know that..still doesnt give me a feel of tank some fire.. with a maxxed set… so its bad in either way.
It depends how much damage is dealt to you. If your talking about fire from a warrior, with a crit it can be very large damage even with resistance because of the high raw damage span. Changing it to a value wouldn’t help that tho, it would either make the resistance completely useless, or extremely op. Since fire isn’t a set damage each time (like poison is) fire from 1 player/class could be say 20 damage, where as from another it could be 500. In that case, if you set the resistance value at say 50 for full f5, then it’s basically useless for the 300 fire damage, but If you set the resistance value at 500, then it’s extremely op.

With it being a %, it keeps it consistent. So whether the damage is 30 or 500, you still resist the same % wise. Then the damage that is dealt after that is based on your defense.

This same logic can be applied to every other rune as well, except for poison.

C0ck

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Post by C0ck » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:41 pm

Yeah I agree with % because % are very balanced and depending on the % and the %, the % output damage will be based off of stats. If you were to change % to numbers, then everyone would be the same so % we should stick to % because % is a much better way to calculate dmg or def % all hail % because% rules ! %%%