Level 1 to Soloing Lumbercore in Less Than a Day: A Mage Guide

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
BiggerLover

Level 1 to Soloing Lumbercore in Less Than a Day: A Mage Guide

Post by BiggerLover » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:34 pm

Intro

This guide will show you the strength of being a glass cannon and will help you power level to set yourself up to solo kill the (currently) strongest boss in the game on your first day playing.

Stat Overview
Health: Unnecessary. See Defense.

MP: Get up to a comfortable 40-70 early on. This is a good number for suicide leveling and you won't waste any MP when consuming MP restoring pineapples.

Expertise: Max ASAP. Crit scaling is absurd, 300% damage, and with skills upgrading your crits even further, things get very nutty, very quickly.

Defense: Noob trap. Every enemy attack in the game can be avoided. With your shield ability you can survive one attack regardless of how much damage you take. To top it all off, the penalty for death is so minor (only lose half of your on hand cash, no exp penalty) that it's not something you need to worry about. Finally, if your defense is too high it's more of a pain to commit suicide for suicide leveling and fast travel.

Strength/Archery/Artillery: Useless

Magic: A few points early can be helpful, Expertise should take priority until maxed. The bulk of your magic will be coming from your gear anyways.

Stat Build
Level 1-4: MP
Level 9+: Expertise, feel free to put a handful of points into Magic if you like. You can also put in another 5 or so stats into MP.
After max Expertise: Magic

General Skills Overview
Sit Heal: Waste of time, if you need to regen your MP, simply commit suicide.

Enhanced Crit: Insane damage increasing skill.

Chaining Crit: Lightning + this, gives you the best AOE DPS in the game.

Devastating Crit: Great damage skill, but you need a decently high Expertise for it to be noticeable.

Shield Master: Useless

Running: One of the most essential skills for a glass cannon build, it's nearly impossible to dodge certain enemies (like Logons) without it.

Wizard Skills Overview
Storm Cloud: Your best and only damage skill. Lightning hits 6 times over 11 seconds at level 1, each strike does 160% damage, that adds up to 960% damage per cast. Here is where it gets crazy, it has 0 cooldown and about a .5 second cast time, this means you can stack it to a ludicrous degree. You can have around 15 storms up at the same time, that's approximately 1200% damage per second and to top it all off it has a huge aoe AND pierces terrain.
Keep your Storm Cloud level 1. Do not invest any more points into any of the 3 Storm Cloud skills. The MP cost DOUBLES at level 2, but the skill barely improves. Only level Storm Cloud if you have infinite money for MP restoring items.
Seizure warning: Having a crap ton of Clouds up will make your screen flash white many times a second.

Protection Field: Very strong defensive skill. For a measly 2 MP you can fully block a 100k damage attack. Lasts 40 seconds, annoyingly cannot be refreshed while active. This skill makes a 0 HP 0 Defense glass cannon build viable. Getting hit once is fine, but getting hit twice in a row is death. Being glass cannon takes a little practice, but once you get used to it, the only time you'll die is when you do it on purpose.
Keep your Protection Field level 1. Do not invest any more points into any other Protection Field skill.

Crucial MP:
Free damage. Max it.

Non-Wizard Skills Overview
As far as I can tell no non-wizard skill will benefit you, with the notable exception of the Gunman skill: Gun Point. Which can be a worthwhile investment early on. Your weapon dictates almost the entirety of your DPS. Making as much money as possible is extremely important.
Do note that you must have a gun equipped to get the bonus money from the skill.

Skill build
1/5 Storm Cloud
4/4 Crucial MP
1/5 Protection Field
1/1 Running
1/5 Enhanced Crit
4/4 Chaining Crit
5/5 Enhanced Crit
5/5 Devastating Crit
5/5 Gun Point (you can get a few levels early if you save up a large number of vendor items for some extra cash)
Then whatever you want

Death is Your Friend

Dying is not only not bad, it's actually good. Your primary way to get EXP early is suicide leveling. Suicide leveling simply means casting your lightning until you run out of MP and then intentionally killing yourself on a hazard or enemy for an instant free refresh. Suicide is also the fastest method of travel. The drawback to suicide leveling is losing a small amount of your on hand money every time you respawn. Make sure to deposit your money every time you die (or every 3 or 4 times if you're lazy like me). Most of your money will come from item drops anyways.

Leveling Areas

Where you train is dependent on your damage, not your level. Your damage is 90% influenced by your weapon's power; Crit chance contributes a lot; Your magic stat barely matters beyond the first few dozen points.

Start in Area 4, melee Squishers (green slime) until you have enough MP to cast multiple Storm Clouds. Then make the rounds casting 1 cloud at each Squisher spawn, then cast at the Fanged Squisher (red slime) spawns and immediately (while the cloud is still in the air) let them kill you, make sure you don't hit 0 MP and don't respawn until the last Fanged Squisher dies or you won't get exp. Don't forget about the fire in the top right for an emergency suicide.

Buy a Fairy Wand from the Area 5 respawn vendor as soon as you can. Pick up a few cheap mage equips if you like.

Once you can do at least 1 damage (non-crit) to Spiked Squishers (brown slime) move on to area 7. Cast your cloud near the wooden fence, the lightning will ignore the fence and still strike the Shagdaws (brown fuzz balls). Then cast 2-3 clouds at each Spiked Squisher spawn, let the second group kill you while your cloud finishes them off (again don't click respawn until they die). Run back and repeat.

Once you have enough money to buy a Red Mage Staff from the Area 13 vendor for about 1.5k you're ready to train at Logons (running wood monsters). Once you complete the quests to gain access to Area 32 that is.
Short Guide to Unlocking Area 32 and the rest of the map:
1. Talk to NPC in back of Area 18
2. Go to Area 22 and drop down the floor, talk
3. Return to Area 18, buy smoke bomb
4. Return to Area 22 and deploy smoke bomb, talk, get key
5. Go through Area 26 sewer
6. Parkour into factory, get key card
7. Use key card to enter factory front door
8. Go to Area 30, click on computer, learn phrase
9. Talk to Area 7 construction worker and gain access to the rest of the map

Head straight for Area 35, the Renegade Hideout. This is where you will begin to power level like crazy, you're going from killing small 3-4 monster groups worth 8 EXP each to huge 8-10 mobs worth 33 EXP each. We're talking EXP rates close to 10x the rate from before. Aggro the Logons near the Renegade Hideout and lure the mob to the stump in the bottom right of the zone. Now with a lot of careful timing and finesse, kite them around the stump while spamming clouds, with chain crits you will do an extreme amount of DPS to the group. It will likely take close to your entire MP bar to kill the pack (make sure to never hit 0 MP or you'll do -80% damage). Pick up the drops, kill yourself, and repeat.

If you find yourself dying prematurely remember to utilize your shield skill and your sprint skill. You don't want to be running the entire time, only when you feel threatened.

After a few hours of Logons you should gain a ton of levels and get at least 1 Stage 2 Fire Rune. With the money you get from selling the rune, you should just about be able to afford a Fiberglass Staff from the Area 44 Alion City vendor for 77,114 gold. Getting to the store as a glass cannon is a huge pain until you've had practice with the route.

With your BiS staff you no longer need to suicide level and can now afford to use pineapples for regen. You have 3 options to train late game:
1. Continue to train in Area 35, but with pineapples.
2. Relax in the almost afkable Area 38. There are 3 Stalagmites (ranged stationary rocks) in a choke point near the middle of the zone. There's a small stone to the north that you can hide behind. Standing there you can't be hit by the Stalagmite's ranged attacks and can still hit all 3 of them with your lightning, cast 1 cloud every 11 seconds while watching Youtube videos or a movie. Not the fastest EXP, but it's super chill. If the area is occupied, there's another area a little further in with 3 Stalagmites and a hiding spot, but you can only hit 2 at a time.
3. Lumbercore Logon farming in the area following the lake in Area 33, easily the fastest EXP but it can get very hectic dodging the boss's attacks and running circles around the Logons. Not to mention the possible crowding. Remember to kill the boss before he hits his 12 minute respawn time.

Soloing Lumbercore

Once you have your Fiberglass Staff and around 20% crit chance you can solo Lumbercore. The moment you enter the area, set a timer for 11 minutes and 49 seconds. Lumbercore respawns every 12 minutes. Important: Lumbercore's respawn timer is fixed, it begins the moment anyone enters the area and every 12 minutes afterwards. This means killing him early does not make him respawn quicker. (extra clarification: if you kill Lumbercore at 11 minutes he will respawn in 1 minute.)

Getting up the seesaw by yourself is easy, simply push the NPC at the bottom of the hill into the seesaw. Wait for him to stop walking, quickly jump on the left plank pushing the right side up, jump off, nudge him underneath the now elevated right plank, keep him trapped underneath the right plank until you're sure he isn't moving, then quickly climb the seesaw and jump to the top of the hill.

You can also use the grenade method, but that's a bit trickier.

Once you're up you can push the yellow crate down the hill to make it easier for other players to get up, if you're feeling devilish you can push the box down the hill, jump down, and nudge it to the right so that it gets stuck on the tree.

Position yourself behind the leftmost thorn bush and wait for Lumbercore to spawn. Now why did I tell you to set a timer for 11:49 minutes instead of 12:00? Because at 11:49 we spam the crap out of Storm Cloud, clouds last 11 seconds, this lets us front load our damage before the fight even begins. Done correctly, you should down him before he spawns any healing Logons. At high damage/crit you should be able to kill him within a second or two of spawning. Remember to reset your timer the moment he spawns.

Camping Lumbercore is easy, low maintenance, and afkable. The exp is decent and the money at the time of writing is amazing. Expect about 150k an hour. After you get your first S3 drop you will be able to afford a full set of Fiberglass + S1/S2 upgrades for your staff. On your second drop you can upgrade your staff all the way. Congrats, you've run out of content.

Last Word
Wizards are absurdly under rated in this game. A funded mage can solo Lumbercore at around level 5. I mean, seriously? Why aren't more people playing mages? Roll a mage today. I might add images to better show important details later, but I'm probably too lazy for that. Thanks for reading my guide.

{NZ}Jkl

Re: Level 1 to Soloing Lumbercore in Less Than a Day: A Mage Guide

Post by {NZ}Jkl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 am

Wow this is an awesome guide but its not 150kxp and hour its way less than that its like 55k per hour and you actually need a little defense, its not a noob trap. Its also not a second or 2 for killing the boss, its about 4ish seconds also you want to max out your crit in the skill points I would say more but I'm too lazy as you know. This is an awesome guide though and many beginners should follow this. I also liked how much time you spent on typing this.

Zuji

Post by Zuji » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:03 pm

Great job man, I am working on a leveling guide right now and this is a good thing to look at structure wise especially.
From, Zuji
Eliatopia: Zuji
Discord: Zuji#7832
Gmail: Private
PM me on discord or on Eliatopia for any questions!

troopas

Post by troopas » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Im sure this could be useful to all 2 mage's in elia so bump.

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 am

The other day, I was working on a mage focusing purely on the new orb field skill (High def, full protection shield skill path, low expertise, consistent safe grinding as long as you don't challenge higher lvl enemies right away), but this is very interesting... I'll probably give it a shot and write down some suggestions :>

[Edit: And yes, mages are severely underrated at the moment in Eliatopia, even with the new buffs, more people needs to see this and try it out :) )
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

Zuji

Post by Zuji » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Lowkey wish I could switch back to mage..
From, Zuji

DeathGun

Post by DeathGun » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 am

Hahahaha i moved a wizard with 1 def in stalgs and he died and cursed me a lot for it hahahahaha. lol i just thought he/she was botting hahahahaha.
E

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 am

Zuji wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm
Lowkey wish I could switch back to mage..
lil zuji... should've stayed the highest lvl mage... :ugeek:
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

Zuji

Post by Zuji » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Yea and when you say a mage it was usually me, not that mage is super op It's just a lil more unique and ye
From, Zuji