Coloured names?

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
Coloured names?

Post by cinos » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:31 am

Today I found out you can basically impersonate people via messing with the chat (cyro can confirm, pretty ballzy) which creates some fudging hilarious results, but obviously that's not really good at all since it pretty much leads to impersonation...soooo how about coloured names?
Either as a payvault option or as a standard feature, any kind of chat bug like this wouldn't be able to allow for impersonation since the chat itself can't have any colour other than white...PLUS coloured names just look cool, like come on let's be real, it's colour! AIM style.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

CrazyVanilla

Re: Coloured names?

Post by CrazyVanilla » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:36 am

Support, I think this should just be a general feature because of the whole impersonation thing you mentioned. Though maybe it could be like everyones name is 1 color by default (different from the normal text color), then a PV perk allows you to change it from there?

G_Toast

Post by G_Toast » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:01 pm

cinos wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:31 am
Today I found out you can basically impersonate people via messing with the chat (cyro can confirm, pretty ballzy) which creates some frik hilarious results, but obviously that's not really good at all since it pretty much leads to impersonation...soooo how about coloured names?
Either as a payvault option or as a standard feature, any kind of chat bug like this wouldn't be able to allow for impersonation since the chat itself can't have any colour other than white...PLUS coloured names just look cool, like come on let's be real, it's colour! AIM style.
and then there will be a bug with the names
I'm a |
boy... |
_____/
.. V
...O
../|\
.../\

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:53 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:36 am
Support, I think this should just be a general feature because of the whole impersonation thing you mentioned. Though maybe it could be like everyones name is 1 color by default (different from the normal text color), then a PV perk allows you to change it from there?
Good idea actually, that way everyone gets the benefits and if people just wanna go back to the AIM days they just pay up a few tickets, either as part of or as cheap as the cosmetic change.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:46 pm

I'd have to think about colored names. But in the meantime, changing the color of your equips (as a payvault item) is coming to the next update. :)

troopas

Post by troopas » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:17 am

Robby wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:46 pm
I'd have to think about colored names. But in the meantime, changing the color of your equips (as a payvault item) is coming to the next update. :)
Question: How will this work? Like will there be a color sheet we could change or do you have to manually change every set yourself?

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:48 am

Robby wrote:
You sure that would work? There are some equips that wouldn't allow the feature to function (Grey Wizard Set) while others are designed with specific references in mind (the HH sets obviously, Black Mage from the Final Fantasy series for the Dark Mage set, Izzy from Total Drama for the Lunatic set, I don't think I've ever seen a shiny Scorpee so the Cobra set would've only been yellow, etc).

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:02 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:48 am
Robby wrote:
You sure that would work? There are some equips that wouldn't allow the feature to function (Grey Wizard Set) while others are designed with specific references in mind (the HH sets obviously, Black Mage from the Final Fantasy series for the Dark Mage set, Izzy from Total Drama for the Lunatic set, I don't think I've ever seen a shiny Scorpee so the Cobra set would've only been yellow, etc).
I was very skeptical of the feature working correctly at first but I'm pretty sure that if robby is adding it now it looks just fine. References or not, some of us really wanna have unique colours, be individuals and stuff. Plus, I would be more worried of the feature looking good, but considering robby is adding a feature that's been asked since the HH days, unity must be able to do it while also looking quite nice.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:04 pm

Yes, it should work just fine. It will be a hue shift on the entire piece of equipment's colors. So if anyone is familiar with the hue slider in Photoshop or other image editing programs, it will be the equivalent.

storage2

Post by storage2 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:08 am

Robby wrote:
Yeah thank you robby that what im waiting for item be colored 🤧