Random Ideas

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Jakub34

Random Ideas

Post by Jakub34 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Storm Cloud
I really do not like this skill. It is stupid that you either have to walk up to an enemy to use this skill, or lure an enemy into the cloud. The skill can also be a bit broken, as you can camp enemy spawns with it. With that being said, I propose a new idea. After pressing the hotkey for the skill, there will be a circle that follows the player cursor. After attacking (through clicking or pressing the c key) a lightning bolt will spawn, and anything within the radius (up to 3 enemies) will be damaged. (Pretty much like the current skill, but it will be a massive lightning bolt with the cloud that slowly disappears after the lightning strikes)

Since I can already see the comments coming, the skill will auto lock onto a target once the hotkey is pressed.

Custom Hotkeys
Being a person that uses mouse and keyboard, the current default hotkeys can be uncomfortable for trying to use certain skills. (Having my other hand sitting on the keyboard doing nothing 99.9% of the time is not comfortable, and having to switch my hand from mouse to keyboard can be annoying)

Coin Shot
This skill should be a toggle instead of having to hold the key down. So the player knows that it is toggled, the player will see an icon above the chat box showing that this skill is active.

Inventory and Quick Selling
Not sure what is going on with the inventory, but it has been like this forever now. The items just add themselves wherever they like to go, instead of taking up the first empty slot. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but items should take up the first empty slot, instead of doing whatever they are currently doing. With that being said, being able to click and drag items where you want them to go would be nice.

For quick selling, it would be nice to have a much faster method. Instead of having to click an item and having to click either of the sell buttons, you can either shift + click or ctrl + click. Shift + click will only sell 1 of that item, so if you have 2000 blueberries and shift + click it, only 1 blueberry will sell. Ctrl + click will sell all of the item, so if you have 2000 blueberries and ctrl + click them, all of them will sell. (For obvious reason, this does not work on equipped items) I'm fairly certain this suggestion has also been submitted before, but there should also be a star (favorite) or a lock (locked) for items. Any item that is star or locked cannot be sold until it is either unstarred or unlocked.

Skill Icons and moveable UI
Instead of the skills being blobs with bubbles, it would be nice to eventually have some icons for the skills. For skills that are currently active (like protective field) or skills that are always active (like stone man).

There are two places where the player can see this, and that is the buff menu, and the buffs box. The buff menu will be a menu within the character menu. I think having it as a separate clutters the U.I up too much, and it makes sense to just have it within the character menu. The buffs box is located above your chatbox and it will show all of your active skills. Since I can see this as cluttering up the screen, players can show/hide certain skills in the menu, or hide the menu all together. In addition to this, players should also be able to put the chatbox and buff box wherever they please, and have the option to resize them.

Tropical Trees
For the coconut trees in the tropical area, it would be cool for them to have a chance of dropping a coconut consumable when hitting a tree.
Last edited by Jakub34 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrapFish

Re: Random Ideas

Post by TrapFish » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:10 pm

DAng! Support!!
TRAPFISH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Tropical Trees
For the coconut trees in the tropical area, it would be cool for them to have a chance of dropping a coconut consumable when hitting a tree.
More coconuts, dammit!

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Jukebox
Allows the player to choose any soundtrack they want. (Once they visit the area with that music)

Edit* This will be in a separate tab
Last edited by Jakub34 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm
Jukebox
Allows the player to choose any soundtrack they want. (Once they visit the area with that music)
No harm in this, so support ..... unless it takes up an inventory space/ costs emeralds.
KONO DIA DA!

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Savage0 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Jakub34 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm
Jukebox
No harm in this, so support ..... unless it takes up an inventory space/ costs emeralds.
Forgot to mention it, but it will be as a separate tab.

Anchorarius

Post by Anchorarius » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Custom Hotkeys
Being a person that uses mouse and keyboard, the current default hotkeys can be uncomfortable for trying to use certain skills. (Having my other hand sitting on the keyboard doing nothing 99.9% of the time is not comfortable, and having to switch my hand from mouse to keyboard can be annoying)
This. I'm not sure if anyone uses C to attack (unless they play on a laptop) but this would definitely help. I guess this could also somehow indirectly help solve the toggle coin shot problem you were mentioning since you could hold a button much more easily for a while. You have my support for custom hot-keys for sure. As you mentioned already, it's annoying with the default hotkeys and gets really uncomfortable really quickly. Robby's made some changes to the storm cloud in the next update so I'm going to give it a whirl first before dabbing into that argument. For inventory and quick selling, drag n' drop would be pretty neat. As for the quick-selling part, you'd need to inform all players in the game on how that works and what the shortcuts are. Some younger peeps could also be quite easily confused and get it the other way round. A way around this could be to set this as an on/off option in the options menu however.

I like the idea of Skill Icons. You'd usually find these in a lot of MMORPGs and they're quite helpful. Not much needs to be said about that. Finally, coconuts as a consumable would be great; interacting with other objects such as trees would definitely liven up the game!

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to dive deeper into your other suggestions next week, but for now regarding the hot-keys and game keys.

What would your preferred keys be for the game? (Anyone else feel free to chime in if you don't like the current key setup.)

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:03 pm

Robby wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to dive deeper into your other suggestions next week, but for now regarding the hot-keys and game keys.

What would your preferred keys be for the game? (Anyone else feel free to chime in if you don't like the current key setup.)
Assuming things will be set for now, I'd like to see the keys be from 1-5 (and ~), Q-T, and A-G. (of course WASD is excluded) These are the keys that can be easily tapped. There's also Z-B (C excluded), but I think those should be more of a last resort. 1-5 and Z-B should definitely be the skill keys, and Q and E should really be the conusumable hotkeys.

Edit* Forgot that E and V are already taken up, so R and F can be consumable.
Last edited by Jakub34 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:03 pm
Robby wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Assuming things will be set for now, I'd like to see the keys be from 1-5 (and ~), Q-T, and A-G. (of course WASD is excluded) These are the keys that can be easily tapped. There's also Z-B (C excluded), but I think those should be more of a last resort. 1-5 and Z-B should definitely be the skill keys, and Q and E should really be the conusumable hotkeys.

I would like to keep E for picking up items boss '-'
Goddess of the hunt