"Couldn't join room." error

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
shweepyyy

"Couldn't join room." error

Post by shweepyyy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi Robby,

About 95% of the time when I attempt to log-in, I get the "Couldn't join room" error. Do you know why this may be happening? The main page changes the scene to my character in the room I should spawn in, but it just errors.

Thanks!
shweepyyy

Robby
Site Admin

Re: "Couldn't join room." error

Post by Robby » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Sure thing, unfortunately it may take a bit more information for me to figure out why it is not working.

You say it happens nearly every time, but OCCASSIONALLY, you are able to log on? First, could you try logging in/out a few times with this link and let me know if it is noticeably better, or if it's pretty much the same results. https://eliatopia-files.s3.us-east-2.am ... Height=760

shweepyyy

Post by shweepyyy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi Robby,

Thanks so much for such a fast reply! Unfortunately, it does not seem to be working even with the new link, I reloaded and tried around 4 times.

Sorry,
shweepyyy

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:07 pm

Oh dang!.. What web browser are you using? I'm curious if you try another web browser if the issue still happens. I'm trying to see if I can tell anything from my server logs, but I'm not seeing anything. You are referring to your "shweepyyy" account, correct? Also curious if you have another account to try, if another account works fine or not?

shweepyyy

Post by shweepyyy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 pm

I'm using Google Chrome, but I'm using a proxy in order to play. I am able to sign in if I use TOR, but TOR is slightly too laggy to use. It's probably a problem with the proxy, so I'm not sure if there is any fix.

cyro557

Post by cyro557 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm

shweepyyy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 pm
I'm using Google Chrome, but I'm using a proxy in order to play. I am able to sign in if I use TOR, but TOR is slightly too laggy to use. It's probably a problem with the proxy, so I'm not sure if there is any fix.
im guessing that the proxy is the issue, but incase not.. What version of eliatopia are you playing on?
YT:Nerfski
Discord:cyro557#7569
HH:cyro557
Elia:cyro/cyro557

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Yea, the proxy could be causing an issue, it's hard to tell. If it is lagging extremely bad, that can cause an issue. There is a step in the sign-in process, that if your device takes longer than 5 seconds to complete, you will be automatically disconnected and the "room join" will not complete. Again, this should only happen if your connection speed is insanely slow though.

Cyro does have a point, it is worth checking that there isn't some kind of caching going on with an old game version. When you open Eliatopia, at the main menu, what version is displayed in the upper left corner? The version should be 0.5.6.

shweepyyy

Post by shweepyyy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:37 am

Hi,

Yes, I am using "alpha: 0.5.6." Don't worry about it, it's probably the proxy! Thank you so much for responding though!

shweepyyy

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Dang, sure thing. If you are able to try without the proxy, let me know if it works for ya.

Selena

Post by Selena » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:20 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:38 pm
Sure thing, unfortunately it may take a bit more information for me to figure out why it is not working.

You say it happens nearly every time, but OCCASSIONALLY, you are able to log on? First, could you try logging in/out a few times with this link and let me know if it is noticeably better, or if it's pretty much the same results. https://eliatopia-files.s3.us-east-2.am ... Height=760
me its same result