ma wii aint working what do i do

Talk about stuff unrelated to Eliatopia.
Wizardthing
ma wii aint working what do i do

Post by Wizardthing » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

normally when i boot up my wii it freezes on initialize usb device, i normally have to just reboot the wii but now, when i rebooted the wii, it still froze on that screen, what do i do? do i just reboot the wii again or is it broken?
im a guy that hates many things, especially furries

Wizardthing

Re: ma wii aint working what do i do

Post by Wizardthing » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:46 pm

i tried rebooting it multiple times and got the same result, will i ever be able to play animal crossing city folk again?

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:46 pm

I don't know how you fvck up Wii homebrew but I might actually be able to help you. I've hacked and even modified several consoles in my life.

Is your Wii one of the older models with gamecube controller ports and memory card slots, or one of the newer ones? I'll guess you've tried to hack it since you mention using a USB, and idk who uses a USB unless they are playing digital backups.

Try launching the wii with and without a usb. If the usb is for some odd reason needed, use a different usb. If THAT also doesn't work, maybe check if some homebrew app is causing a crash, never happened to me but it's not IMPOSSIBLE yknow?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Wizardthing

Post by Wizardthing » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:46 pm

cinos wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:46 pm
I don't know how you fvck up Wii homebrew but I might actually be able to help you. I've hacked and even modified several consoles in my life.

Is your Wii one of the older models with gamecube controller ports and memory card slots, or one of the newer ones? I'll guess you've tried to hack it since you mention using a USB, and idk who uses a USB unless they are playing digital backups.

Try launching the wii with and without a usb. If the usb is for some odd reason needed, use a different usb. If THAT also doesn't work, maybe check if some homebrew app is causing a crash, never happened to me but it's not IMPOSSIBLE yknow?
when i boot up my wii it goes straight to usb loader gx, no homebrew poop at all, straight to games.

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:42 am

Wizardthing wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:46 pm
cinos wrote:

when i boot up my wii it goes straight to usb loader gx, no homebrew poop at all, straight to games.
Probably a good idea to turn off whatever boot option is causing that imo.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Wizardthing

Post by Wizardthing » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:32 am

cinos wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:42 am
Wizardthing wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:46 pm
cinos wrote:

Probably a good idea to turn off whatever boot option is causing that imo.
i dont know how my dad set it up like that, so i dont know how to turn it off, also this is the first time this problem ever happened, so maybe i just have to plug the wii out and back in