Poison Smash Buff

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Poison Smash Buff

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:32 pm

Okay, so Poison Smash is kinda weak for what it is. Currently Poison Smash maxes out at 6 poison damage, which if you add in maxed elemental boost, would bring that value up to 9 poison damage. Poison Smash if maxed out costs 20 MP if you maxed out Power Smash and Exploding Smash beforehand. Let's compare that with snakes. Snakes attack twice at most, linger for 20 seconds, and deal upwards 12 poison damage (21 with maxed elemental boost) for 15 MP. Poison Smash doesn't exactly home in on anything either.

For this, I'll propose a buff to Poison Smash to this:

Poison Smash
MP Cost per Level: 1 (same as before)
Skill Levels: 5
Base Poison Damage: 3
Poison Damage Increase per Skill Level: 3
Max Poison Damage: 15

Before you complain, I checked and no, the weapon's poison damage does not get added onto the skill's poison damage. I checked using my P4 Death Bringer on Logons.

I went with 15 because any more and people would start complaining over warriors of all levels beating up Titanium Droids. Guys, it's a game; it's gonna have speedrunners.

But yeah, there's that. I'd add Poison Cloud to the mix too, but I've never played the class, so I'd rather not do anything stupid there.

GeraltOfRivia

Re: Poison Smash Buff

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:26 pm

Not sure how anyone could complain about buffing poison damage of this skill since if you compare it to unlimited posibility to spawn snakes, gunman shooting speed(make it 600 RPM and even 12 poison damage which gives 7200 per minute), about archer i think no need to explan it also. Simply comparing possible poison damage any class can make within certain time makes warrior look pretty lame. So yeah i agree it would be nice to see it buffed to at least decent level. Yet any complains migh be focused mainly about PVP so i guess there could be additional skill that would work only on PvE. That way it would affect only regular grinding.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:34 pm

honestly why not just have the poison smash damage relating to your weapons poison level? It would make poison runes more useful for warriors cuz right now their pretty useless, and it would allow the poison damage to be on-par with other classes (with the exception of poison zone boost, but no classes poison damage compares to that).

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:54 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:34 pm
honestly why not just have the poison smash damage relating to your weapons poison level? It would make poison runes more useful for warriors cuz right now their pretty useless, and it would allow the poison damage to be on-par with other classes (with the exception of poison zone boost, but no classes poison damage compares to that).
I tried that before in general, something about Poison Damage being 10% of a Weapon's base power per level (Ex. 4 poison damage per level for a Maverick, which has a weapon power of 40), but Robby didn't want to detract from fixed poison damage when I brought it up.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:54 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
I tried that before in general, something about Poison Damage being 10% of a Weapon's base power per level (Ex. 4 poison damage per level for a Maverick, which has a weapon power of 40), but Robby didn't want to detract from fixed poison damage when I brought it up.
No, I mean like, the poison smash damage is whatever your weapon poison damage is. Like if your sword is P4, then poison smash would do 28 poison damage (16 from p4 rune + elemental boost).

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Ok thanks for the suggestion as well as those that provided some additional feedback. I'll go ahead and make these changes to the skill for next patch:

-Base poison damage for the skill increased from 1 to 2.
-Poison damage per stage increased from 1 to 2.
-Poison Damage from weapon upgrades will now be added into the overall poison damage for the attack.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:10 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:43 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:54 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
No, I mean like, the poison smash damage is whatever your weapon poison damage is. Like if your sword is P4, then poison smash would do 28 poison damage (16 from p4 rune + elemental boost).
I said "in general" bro. Don't think your thing isn't included when I straight-up said "in general."