A better boss system

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
A better boss system

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:07 pm

Bosses have been a bit of an issue forever now but they have always been able to be solo killed pretty easily so it was manageable, but with colossal now, which basically requires more than 1 player there to kill it, this issue has become much more present. The issue is the loot dropping from the boss.

When you kill a boss currently, it drops 1 coin / money note / gold bar / money bag, and then any items it may drop as well. Even if there was 5 players helping to kill it, thats what you get, and it's randomly dropped on the floor, so someone who could have done no damage to the boss can pick it up, especially with the desync issue.

With that being said, heres my suggestion for a new boss system to make it more fair:

- The top 3 damagers will get something from killing a boss automatically
- In order to qualify for the top 3 damager position, you must do AT LEAST 5% damage to the boss (This is to prevent trying to abuse the system)
- The coins from the boss will be split up between the top 3 damagers based on their damage dealt; if you do 70% damage to the boss, you get 70% of the coins automatically given to you so no one can steal it.
- The boss loot is separated into 3 "tiers", one for each damager (obviously the highest damager should get the best loot tier, and working down).
- If a piece of loot was going to drop from that kill, each of the 3 damagers would randomly get a piece of loot from their respective tier, automatically put into their inventory so no one can steal it.

An example, just to make everything clear.

For this example, assume the following is true (just to make it easier):
Colossal coin drop = 100k
Tier 1 (highest damager) loot = P5, F5, E5, S5, Forsaken Helmet
Tier 2 (2nd highest damager) loot = double ring wand, E5, Manipulator Helmet
Tier 3 (3rd highest damager) loot = neon magic legs, cobra armor, spider pack, taiko drum, S5

CrazyVanilla, Artemis, cyro, and GonDup are fighting Colossal, and colossal.

Damages dealt:
- CrazyVanilla = 65% of the damage 8-)
- cyro = 22% of the damage
- Artemis = 10% of the damage
- GonDup = 3% of the damage

In this scenario, CrazyVanilla would get 65k, cyro gets 22k, Artemis gets 10k, and GonDup gets nothing because he is both the 4th damager, and did not meet the 5% required minimum. If Colossal does not give any item drops that kill, then thats that and moving on to the next. If it were to give an item drop, CrazyVanilla would be randomly given 1 of the drops from the Tier 1 loot, say a P5 for example. cyro would then be randomly given 1 of the items from the tier 2 loot, say a Manipulator helmet for example, and Artemis would be randomly given an item from the tier 3 loot, say an S5 for example.

Artemis

Re: A better boss system

Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:17 pm

Support. Bosses need a rework now that we basically have to farm them to get certain runes and helps prevent looters from taking everything by doing nothing.
Goddess of the hunt

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:21 pm

I'm not surprised that whipmasters do the most damage. Spending 25-40k on food to get nothing because other 3 players did more damage and whipmaster took best runes, like p5 and f5. With this "good" system you won't have chance of getting anything if 3 whipmasters come in there.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:26 pm

TheWood wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:21 pm
I'm not surprised that whipmasters do the most damage. Spending 25-40k on food to get nothing because other 3 players did more damage and whipmaster took best runes, like p5 and f5.
wah wah wah so sad you won't be able to stand there and do nothing then loot me anymore. And oh no, Archer isn't the BEST at EVERYTHING in the game anymore, it can be outgrinded at 1 boss (still better at everything else besides that tho) hurry let's make it so whipmasters CAN'T kill the boss at all so my class can still be better than every other one at everything again. cope

forumMikel

Post by forumMikel » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:34 pm

What happens if someone was able to solo it, do they get like.. all 3 tiers of loot..? Anyways support
send me money or something i want to buy chips or some fries, idk

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:41 pm

forumMikel wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:34 pm
What happens if someone was able to solo it, do they get like.. all 3 tiers of loot..? Anyways support
Nah, just the tier 1. Getting all of them would be pretty OP. And it's not you get loot every time either, it would be basically same drop rates as it is now, except each damager would get their own loot instead of it just dropping 1 random piece of loot.

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:56 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:26 pm
TheWood wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:21 pm
I'm not surprised that whipmasters do the most damage. Spending 25-40k on food to get nothing because other 3 players did more damage and whipmaster took best runes, like p5 and f5.
wah wah wah so sad you won't be able to stand there and do nothing then loot me anymore. And oh no, Archer isn't the BEST at EVERYTHING in the game anymore, it can be outgrinded at 1 boss (still better at everything else besides that tho) hurry let's make it so whipmasters CAN'T kill the boss at all so my class can still be better than every other one at everything again. cope
I was doing damage to colossal, what can im do if it's so well synchronized and players often attack air elsewhere or just moving strangely.

GNMN

Post by GNMN » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:28 pm

CV you said that the items are automatically moved into their inventory. What if the player has full inventory?
Anyways support boss are trash now

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:38 pm

GNMN wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:28 pm
CV you said that the items are automatically moved into their inventory. What if the player has full inventory?
Anyways support boss are trash now
I suppose in that case it should either drop on the ground, or they just don't get anything. Kinda their fault if their inv is full so either one works.

Kentrassi

Post by Kentrassi » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:53 pm

Support