Eliatopia's numerous problems + ideas to fix them

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Heneral
Re: Eliatopia's numerous problems + ideas to fix them

Post by Heneral » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:09 am

I don't know why robby didn't read this but its kinda important. I wont criticize something here becuz its true.
One of the Monarch and Oldest Player in Elia Society.
Since The Game Was Created.

Guestmains

Post by Guestmains » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:50 pm

I agree with most of what you said, even if only some of the changes you mentioned are introduced into the game it would make it more enjoyable to play.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:29 pm

Bro, the Mandrake is pretty easy to take down despite their power. If you can take out a Rafflesia in a hit or two, you can do the same with the Mandrake.

!GOLD!

Post by !GOLD! » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:41 pm

it took a while but i finally read everything and I could not agree more

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 pm

Thanks for the detailed list of well though out suggestions! As well as those that provided feedback to them. I had a little bit of time, so I skimmed through this real quick. I'll have to dig into it a little deeper maybe later this week or so and go through and read everyone's responses a little more thoroughly as well.

Just a couple of quick things I was able to get to:

6. Those look like some interesting points. I'll have to think about a solution a bit more. In the meantime, if you or anyone else have an precise idea on what to change exactly, let me know and I'll see what changes I can make to balance out guns better.

9: I went ahead and added price limits for things placed in bargain bins. The limits will be relative to the area the bin is in. So for example the bin in area #4 can only have very low priced items in it. That does indeed make sense, since no low level player is going to want to buy a cybo blade. This change will be out whenever next patch is released.

10: Is anyone still having issue with the drone after the 1.0.0 update?

22. I'll go ahead and lower the defense and HP of those ice blocks by a little bit for next server restart.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:03 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 pm
6. Those look like some interesting points. I'll have to think about a solution a bit more. In the meantime, if you or anyone else have an precise idea on what to change exactly, let me know and I'll see what changes I can make to balance out guns better.
To start, the level requirements should be changed to more fit the power of the guns. You had previously changed it to be much more balanced, but then you changed it back because everyone was complaining the guns were too high level. In reality, it wasn't the new level requirement formula that was the issue, it is the power of the guns. The new formula had just showcased how powerful the guns actually are by upping the level requirements of most guns to be more reflective of their power.

Secondly, the one handed guns should NOT be nearly as fast as they are, and the two handed guns should be faster. With the existence of critical hits and runes, specifically ice & poison runes, the speed at which you attack greatly outweighs the power at which you attack with in pretty much all scenarios. Having 2 guns equipped means twice the chance to land a critical hit, proc your ice rune, and twice the poison damage. Even if the 2 handed guns had a higher damage per minute than 2 of their 1-handed counter parts (which in pretty much all cases except the pellet spitter they do not even have that), factoring in crits, ice, and poison would likely still make the 1 handed guns better. Especially because of the exponential pricing formula, with the most recent guns, we have just hit the point where buying 2 1-handed guns is not only MUCH more powerful than the 2 handed counter part, but it's also CHEAPER.

Drill Pistol (1 handed)
Price each: $3,125,587
Price for 2: $6,251,174
Power each: 125
RPM: 225
Level req: 85
Total damage 1 gun: 28,125 / min
Total damage 2 guns: 56,250 / min

Drill Rifle (2 handed)
Price: 6,460,097
Power: 187
RPM: 200
level req: 97
Total damage: 37,400 / min

So, it's cheaper to buy 2 pistols, which are more then 60% MORE powerful than the rifle, AND have a lower level requirement.

TL;DR
- 2-handed guns should be much faster
- 1-handed guns should be slower than the 2-handed counterparts
- Gun level requirement formula should be reverted back to what it previously was (the changed one that everyone complained about)
- Possibly some 2-handed gun only skills to make them more useable?

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:29 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:03 pm
Robby wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 pm
To start, the level requirements should be changed to more fit the power of the guns. You had previously changed it to be much more balanced, but then you changed it back because everyone was complaining the guns were too high level. In reality, it wasn't the new level requirement formula that was the issue, it is the power of the guns. The new formula had just showcased how powerful the guns actually are by upping the level requirements of most guns to be more reflective of their power.

Secondly, the one handed guns should NOT be nearly as fast as they are, and the two handed guns should be faster. With the existence of critical hits and runes, specifically ice & poison runes, the speed at which you attack greatly outweighs the power at which you attack with in pretty much all scenarios. Having 2 guns equipped means twice the chance to land a critical hit, proc your ice rune, and twice the poison damage. Even if the 2 handed guns had a higher damage per minute than 2 of their 1-handed counter parts (which in pretty much all cases except the pellet spitter they do not even have that), factoring in crits, ice, and poison would likely still make the 1 handed guns better. Especially because of the exponential pricing formula, with the most recent guns, we have just hit the point where buying 2 1-handed guns is not only MUCH more powerful than the 2 handed counter part, but it's also CHEAPER.

Drill Pistol (1 handed)
Price each: $3,125,587
Price for 2: $6,251,174
Power each: 125
RPM: 225
Level req: 85
Total damage 1 gun: 28,125 / min
Total damage 2 guns: 56,250 / min

Drill Rifle (2 handed)
Price: 6,460,097
Power: 187
RPM: 200
level req: 97
Total damage: 37,400 / min

So, it's cheaper to buy 2 pistols, which are more then 60% MORE powerful than the rifle, AND have a lower level requirement.

TL;DR
- 2-handed guns should be much faster
- 1-handed guns should be slower than the 2-handed counterparts
- Gun level requirement formula should be reverted back to what it previously was (the changed one that everyone complained about)
- Possibly some 2-handed gun only skills to make them more useable?
Weapon like a pellet spitter doesn't need a buff, rather a nerf in speed.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:54 pm

Ok, two more changes I have made for coming small update regarding things mentioned here:

4. I will have a new skill called "loot guard" which prevents loot from being taken from other players several seconds after you kill an enemy.

6. @CrazyVanilla Thanks for the detailed insight! I've went ahead and slightly lowered two handed guns' rate of fire for next patch, and slightly increased two handed guns. It's a small change, as to not make too significant changes at once. But we'll see how it helps and go from there. :)