Make moving gunner use MP

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Make moving gunner use MP

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:46 pm

So, this is something that's going to be pretty unpopular for cowboys, but that doesn't mean it's not fair.

Heres the problem, every class uses a lot of mp to grind, except for cowboy. This has kinda been an issue for a while, but there really wasn't a good solution. Basically cowboys only need like 100 mp, where as every other class needs 300-400 mp to play efficiently. This may not seem like a big difference, but 200 mp = 40 points, which is 10 levels. At a high level, that is 10's of millions of xp. The reason I say this is not fair is because cowboy still HAS a lot of skills that allow them to do insane damage and basically be the best grinding class (money power and coinshot being the main 2), but these skills take no mp, instead just require the player carry some money on them. Coinshot previously used mp, but it was a useless skill, so I don't want that to happen again, which is why I suggest moving gunner use MP.

The other point here is that moving gunner is actually an EXTREMELY useful skill. It is pretty much the only skill that allows a player to move while attacking, which provides a HUGE advantage in a lot of situations. In addition, it allows the player to perform an advanced movement, just like running does, and that costs 1mp per second, I don't see why being able to move while attacking shouldn't cost MP as well?

I am suggesting the first level of moving gunner cost 3MP per second, and the 2nd level costing 5MP per second. I think this is plenty fair and would finally help balance this little problem.

cyro557

Re: Make moving gunner use MP

Post by cyro557 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:47 pm

support
YT:Nerfski
Discord:cyro557#7569
HH:cyro557
Elia:cyro/cyro557

GonDup

Post by GonDup » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:49 pm

cyro557 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:47 pm
support
on jit

forumMikel

Post by forumMikel » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:49 pm

no support
send me money or something i want to buy chips or some fries, idk

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:50 pm

Support
Goddess of the hunt

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:33 pm

This already fines you by lowering damage, maybe make it have same effect on rune damage. Spending 5 mp per second for movement is stupid, even running costs much less.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:01 pm

Uhhh no, that's dumb. Moving gunner was added to make gunman more speedy than archer, adding an mp cost to moving around while also lowering damage is misguided, at best. Either take away mp and take full damage shots to the face, or keep it as is.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Jinnzakk

Post by Jinnzakk » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:06 pm

support, to be fair and balance
"Devil in a form of a wh0re"
Discord: Jinnzakk#1268

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:07 pm

TheWood wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:33 pm
This already fines you by lowering damage, maybe make it have same effect on rune damage. Spending 5 mp per second for movement is stupid, even running costs much less.
It's really not stupid considering it literally makes cowboys immortal in PVE and can stunlock without being hit in PVP
cinos wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:01 pm
Uhhh no, that's dumb. Moving gunner was added to make gunman more speedy than archer, adding an mp cost to moving around while also lowering damage is misguided, at best. Either take away mp and take full damage shots to the face, or keep it as is.
They don't need to be more speedy than archer tho, thats the issue... Gunman already outrange archer AND in most cases already have a higher damage output due to money power AND have no delay, charge up time, or have to stop to attack like archers do (cuz archers grind with hoard, not normal arrows).

I don't think alot of people realize how OP this actually is because everyones so used to it. Try playing as a cowboy WITHOUT moving gunner and see the massive difference it makes. It deserves an MP cost to use.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:40 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:07 pm
don't think alot of people realize how OP this actually is because everyones so used to it. Try playing as a cowboy WITHOUT moving gunner and see the massive difference it makes. It deserves an MP cost to use.
Try playing archer without using the hoard and see what a massive difference it makes.
Try playing warrior without using rage and see the massive difference it makes.
Try playing whipmaster without using snakes and see the massive difference it makes.
Try playing wizard without the shield and see the massive difference it makes.

Your argument is shιτ, note how all these classes have one defining move that changes their whole playstyle, while gunman remains the one class who uses their default attack for most things, moving gunner being an improvement on their mobility, as the fast ranged class, compared to the "slower" one. Why would moving around take away mp bruv? Ohh noo, the weakest projectiles in the game are coming from a MOVING target, how horrifying.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111