So how the lore is gonna continue....?

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
So how the lore is gonna continue....?

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:35 am

Okay, note for Spoilerz here, this is about the newest update and stuff, you know how it goes, lore...

So, what I've personally wondered lately is how is the game going to add context to the areas we go to, and the enemies and bosses we fight against, when there is a definitive "ending" to the game right now? I personally guessed this would require splitting the game into arcs, but seeing the word "ending" on the eliapedia kinda puts me on edge. I'm glad there is a conclusion to the story of Xantis, Eliatopia and the flashback family (who, quite amusingly refer to you as a son, a brother, a male, even though you can definitely make your char a girl, probably just an oversight I'm guessing?), but I'm really here to ask...what's next?
From a storytelling perspective in the framework of an rpg or any other kind of continuous media publication, the way to solve this is different story arcs. Obviously you defeated Xantis and definitively destroyed the CRF's method of brain research, but I'm sure many can agree that the damage caused in Eliatopia society is not as easily fixed as just killing the old dictator. The police force and army still exist, the HEO still DEFINITELY exists, and those two are just the ones we've actively met in the oddly england shaped map we have. Note, I'm not talking about "missed opportunities", or "plot holes", I'm actually here to suggest that these two can be used to give interesting lore continuations for the newer areas and bosses that...you know, I'm decently sure will continue to be added.
From a game perspective, I'm asking this because the game is officially out of beta, and I'm left wondering what it means for the game as a whole. Are there gonna be new additions? Will it be economically sustainable to keep adding new areas and enemies in the game with the same amount of detail and lore in them? How do we avoid burnout or making the "ending" feel less significant, while also continuing to add content for the same quality? These are not the most comfortable questions, but I think they have to be made due to the type of media MMOs are.

Yeah I uh, I dunno, it feels like I'm opening a pandora's box just by asking this, and it's why I didn't do it exactly on update day. All I can say is that I mean no Ill will when I ask any of this, nor am I going to pretend I know the experience of a full time indie dev, I don't...at all.

Make it so that when pets are added we can maul HEO members, lul.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

forumMikel

Re: So how the lore is gonna continue....?

Post by forumMikel » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:13 pm

idk i was kinda expecting we expose the dudes in kkk hats that we just killed xantis and its "happily ever after"
send me money or something i want to buy chips or some fries, idk

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:14 pm

I think most of his minions are stupid to act without him, and some scientists were already against him.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:03 pm

I have made the Around the World Arc back when the ending had yet to be released, mainly to grant players the ability to explore the planet no that we know that Eliatopia is Earth. I dunno how I predicted how the ending would go even when using the JSONs (with Xantis being defeated for good and the ending telling you that you can now explore the planet as you please), but I did.

I won't bore anyone with details, so here's my contribution to your thread: https://www.eliatopia.com/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=8960

You had said new story arcs are one way to expand upon the game, so I gave you an entire arc concept. I felt this would best fit with the idea of exploring the planet. I had four key locations in mind: three of my own and one from CV (the ocean). Why not, right?

I know you said some trippy spiritual plane sh!t, but the ending cockblocked that one (since you outright destroyed the one thing linking the material plane to the spiritual plane).

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:00 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:03 pm
I have made the Around the World Arc back when the ending had yet to be released, mainly to grant players the ability to explore the planet no that we know that Eliatopia is Earth. I dunno how I predicted how the ending would go even when using the JSONs (with Xantis being defeated for good and the ending telling you that you can now explore the planet as you please), but I did.

I won't bore anyone with details, so here's my contribution to your thread: https://www.eliatopia.com/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=8960

You had said new story arcs are one way to expand upon the game, so I gave you an entire arc concept. I felt this would best fit with the idea of exploring the planet. I had four key locations in mind: three of my own and one from CV (the ocean). Why not, right?

I know you said some trippy spiritual plane sh!t, but the ending cockblocked that one (since you outright destroyed the one thing linking the material plane to the spiritual plane).
Naww, you could actually still do something about destroying Xantis from the inside, perhaps he is literally making heck a worse place and you gotta save the damned, lol.
Anything works really, I'm just saying all this to make whatever new areas are added follow the lore we've gotten so far, since a thousand year's worth of Xantis would do major damage, I mean, ffs a few years of REAL authoritarians from 100-70 years ago is still affecting society today, imagine if they didn't die until now, lol.
It's an interesting concept, ya know?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Troll

Post by Troll » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:26 am

Yeah, and also the destiny of the npcs we met. But they're actually very plain and one dimensional, so i think they don't care. I can confirm that people doesn't even remember their names.