Why dont make the game english only?

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
XKhyle
Why dont make the game english only?

Post by XKhyle » Fri May 29, 2020 5:29 pm

i guess this is a lot of work but i suggest why dont you make the game english only so that all can understand each other and also for those who cant understand english just make main chat and local chat(or anyhing you want to call it). the main chat is only for english and for local thingy chat, only with the same country can see the chat but still make it that only the nearby area can see the chat. just label the 2. just suggesting :D

awesomeness777

Re: Why dont make the game english only?

Post by awesomeness777 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:00 pm

I agree. We should have an english chat and a filipino chat (no other chats needed yet since literally everyone who plays knows english and/or filipino.)

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:26 am

I don't think "live translation" is even possible in a Unity game; at least not without being forced to use Google Translate which is very hit and miss. I heard someone once say that the Philippines has like 200 or something languages and there is no one "Tagalog," and given the best translations available can only be gotten from paid translation teams, there's no way in heck that it'll be possible to accurately translate Tagalog to English.

HALCON666

Post by HALCON666 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:56 am

awesomeness777 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:00 pm
I agree. We should have an english chat and a filipino chat (no other chats needed yet since literally everyone who plays knows english and/or filipino.)
Rip spanish players

XKhyle

Post by XKhyle » Sun May 31, 2020 10:56 am

I mean this as a rule guys, making a chat box for every language is a hassle idk. but its possible. like only on country can see the chat if its non english like like if you press a key, it will be the non-english chatbox. or click to the nonenglish chat box, and to the main chat its gonna all just be english, but this cant be implemented if there are no staffs who supervise the game LOL. and also Report system in game. Or it can idk, you guys are the dev :D