About see through map implementation...

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
-ZERO-
Re: About see through map implementation...

Post by -ZERO- » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:50 am

troopas wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 am
No?

The implementation is completely good as it is. The only issue so far is the blinking that occurs when you're behind an object. It doesn't need to be entirely removed except for items.

Also if I had any suggestion for this it would be to have a quick fade to the transparency rather than instantaneous

Very glad to see this in the game now!
Never said it was bad, but the point is that we're talking about PVP/Pit here, not normal areas. Also, characters are not supposed to be seen when hiding under some object, the only thing that is necessary to be seen is the items. (Yep, that's what I am saying, the items only, because pvp/pit aside, we can also play some non-elitopia mini games like hide and seek when we got bored, not everyone like this but still...it will make the game less boring)

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:51 am

Soldeir5 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:38 am
-ZERO- wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:09 pm
I think items should be the only one that is see-through the map, because hiding in PVP as a tactic will be useless, and it will make PVP less thrilling because you can find the players hiding instantly.

The players should also not be clickable in PVP, it also kills the excitement of making a plan to lure and kill someone in pit so I suggest to add this when the guild flag is implemented, or just do it immediately in the next update.
Robby has made is part, now LEAVE HIM ALONE!
Btw, who tf is this dude? HAHAHA

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:45 pm

100% Support only having it appear for items. I don't really see the need for having it with players and it's quite annoying to me, especially in an area with a lot of players in it. I also think it kinda ruins the visual aspect of the area you are in, especially in somewhere like Alion city. All the buildings, vehicles, etc all just have players randomly appearing basically inside them (not to mention the very annoying flashing which becomes very noticeable with multiple players there), looks quite odd for something I don't really see a reason to do. For items tho, love the change it's great.

troopas

Post by troopas » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:06 pm

I'm still in favor of keeping it how it is.

If your entire pvp tactics rely on you having to sneak attack because you're unable to actually kill someone normally then you're doing something wrong.

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:23 pm

troopas wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:06 pm
I'm still in favor of keeping it how it is.

If your entire pvp tactics rely on you having to sneak attack because you're unable to actually kill someone normally then you're doing something wrong.
Dude I face my enemies head on everybody knows that lmao, like I said, we're talking about PVP (generally), "not normal area", and obviously not "about me, or my tactic". I suggest not to do ad hominem-like comment lol, because that's not also how I play in pvp.

Idk but this comment of yours made it look like you're disagree because you think that I am suggesting this changes for my own sake. "If your entire pvp tactics rely on you having to sneak attack because you're unable to actually kill someone normally then you're doing something wrong.", and sorry if that's how I see it.

Imagine setting traps under a rock as a gunman?
Imagine waiting under something to spam arrow hoards to someone as an archer?
Imagine hiding somewhere and instantly killing your enemies using ninja slash?
How about being a wizard and try to kill your enemies with a twist of shocking death and orb burst?
And don't ask me about whipmasters, lets not talk about that class for now.

So what's the point of those if you can see them under an object hmm? dude, a game needs more thrill or excitement, and a game without that is boring af.

we_can

Post by we_can » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 pm

I think if you want to see players hiding behind things, only have the objects transparent if you are also behind the same object. You won't be able to see the other player if you are not behind the same object, but you will be able to if you are behind the same object as the hiding player. Idk if that made sense but yeah
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmblXu9kpizGeIwMNLHWPvQ

og warrior

SSky

Post by SSky » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 am

Robby wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:45 pm
Ugh.. Not really sure what to do here. I guess this is a case of me not being able to please everyone. It seemed like a majority of players wanted both of those features, so I suppose as long as more players wanted it than not, then that's all I can really do.
Robby, I quite like the new update. Someday far into the future, I'll start pvping and it'd personally be thrilling for me to fight someone with their full focus rather than catching them offguard :) In other words, it would be fairly boring to pk unsuspecting players !

Of course, if you built for high tankiness with lower damage, the tradeoff should be slower kills...catching someone offguard is saying you went a low damage route^^

Having seen years of lure-scams on oldschool runescape, I don't quite agree with "ZERO" ;)

Sorry for ping, I need to stop doing that, probably.

PS: I agree with Troopas :mrgreen:

For anyone looking to reply to this: Btw, I don't mind being pinged with replies. I prefer it, makes life easier ;) ;)