Armor resistance balancing

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
TheWood
Re: Armor resistance balancing

Post by TheWood » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:51 pm
Ok thanks for the suggestions! I'll lower the resistance like you mentioned, which should hopefully be out in a patch later today.

As for the cowboy PvP damage, I really wanted to keep the damage calculations the same across the board for players and enemies and for all weapons. I will try to see what other solutions I can come up with though. Maybe some new skills could help. If you have any others, feel free to post them. :)
Increase damage to archers in pvp, they hardly do any damage to players with high armor.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:26 pm

Robby wrote:
Ok thanks for the suggestions! I'll lower the resistance like you mentioned, which should hopefully be out in a patch later today.

As for the cowboy PvP damage, I really wanted to keep the damage calculations the same across the board for players and enemies and for all weapons. I will try to see what other solutions I can come up with though. Maybe some new skills could help. If you have any others, feel free to post them. :)
I don't really have any ideas at the moment aside from just a damage boost. Cowboys definitely need something extra for pvp now though, I fought a cowboy with my poison resistance armor and I didn't even have to heal because my HP regenerated faster than the damage he did to me without help from his poison.

SSky

Post by SSky » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:42 pm

very nice, win for gunners, hopefully

Troll

Post by Troll » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Robby wrote:

Nah cowboy are ok in pvp, they have good dps, and flare and trap roll deals a lot of dmg, the real problem is the poison resistance is too op, is too hard to kill people since defensive build are too popular right now

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:52 am

Troll wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:45 pm
Robby wrote:

Nah cowboy are ok in pvp, they have good dps, and flare and trap roll deals a lot of dmg, the real problem is the poison resistance is too op, is too hard to kill people since defensive build are too popular right now
Hi, I just wanna ask if you mean "gunmans should stay as it is, and just rely on Poison rune's damage, trap, and flare rolls even though not all players are stupid to just step on it"?

Take note, poison damage is already countered by poison resistance, and is still useless even if that resistance has been nerfed because gunman deals a low amount of physical damage. Imagine dealing 3-9 physical damage to players with a standard stats of 70-100 defense, and they will just eat pizzas to heal their wounds.

For trap and flare rolls, we are talking about PVP here, NOT PLAYERS VS MONSTERS, and players aren't that stupid to just step on gunman's traps and there's also a low chance of stepping on it accidentally.

Troll

Post by Troll » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:13 am

Last edited by Troll on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Troll

Post by Troll » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:14 am

-ZERO- wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:52 am
Troll wrote:
Robby wrote:
Hi, I just wanna ask if you mean "gunmans should stay as it is, and just rely on Poison rune's damage, trap, and flare rolls even though not all players are stupid to just step on it"?

Take note, poison damage is already countered by poison resistance, and is still useless even if that resistance has been nerfed because gunman deals a low amount of physical damage. Imagine dealing 3-9 physical damage to players with a standard stats of 70-100 defense, and they will just eat pizzas to heal their wounds.

For trap and flare rolls, we are talking about PVP here, NOT PLAYERS VS MONSTERS, and players aren't that stupid to just step on gunman's traps and there's also a low chance of stepping on it accidentally.
I mean if they do like 3-9 damage, but they shot like 8 times per second means that they dps is 24-72, so it's not like they become useless by poison resitance. But the point was that poison resistance is too op.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:45 pm

-ZERO- wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:52 am
Troll wrote:
Robby wrote:

Maybe make grenades not be total inaccurate dogshit? Seriously even with mouse aim I have no idea where they'll fly, because they just DON'T go in the direction I am aiming.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

SSky

Post by SSky » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:05 am

Guild Skills
Pvp Skills Maybe? Although, the ideas I came up with may aswell work for pvm/pve too because it's nice for damage.

Guild skills, we level them up together as a guild
Cost of leveling guild skills can be gold contributions, emes contribution, combined levels of everyone in the guild etc.

Make it challenging to level the guild skills

and some General skills for each class to use, more element damage or something

Basically, armour ignore%, and resistance ignore +1, +2 +3 +4 +5 you get the point

However, creating said stats would make resistance & armour useless by introducing them. Which is why it would've need to be balanced by not fully ignoring all the armour and resistance while making them difficult to acquire..Afterall, theyre guild skill which should take an effort to achieve. Just enough so they stay relevant, and not too much that it's overkilling.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:14 pm

cinos wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:45 pm

Maybe make grenades not be total inaccurate dogshit? Seriously even with mouse aim I have no idea where they'll fly, because they just DON'T go in the direction I am aiming.
^^ even though you can aim with your mouse, half of them still go flying in the other direction from colliding with eachother to affect the velocity. maybe disable collision between them and give them slightly different starting velocities?