Farming / crops

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Farming / crops

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:16 pm

I was thinking about crafting (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3930), and about a "guild hangout" type of thing (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3279) from some of my previous suggestions, and it led me to thinking about a farming mechanic in elia. So, here it is.

Overall, I picture this working in a similar fashion to how you'd grow wheat, carrots, etc in Minecraft.

Uses:

As I mentioned, the main use for crops would be crafting, say you need a few sunflowers to serve as yellow dye in order to craft a yellow helmet. This would be for crafting gear, along with crafting more advanced food which is only obtainable through crafting or buying from other players, providing a higher HP / MP healing item. Afterall, a homemade salad should give more nutrition than a fast-food pizza. There can be a ton of different crops that players are able to grow, adding another side element to the game, giving players more to do than just grind or occasionally pvp. These crops would be tradeable tho, so it wouldn't be something "required" for players to do if they didn't want to, they could simply just buy any crops they needed from other players.

Guild Farms:

So, this is a similar concept to the "guild hangout" feature brought up in the suggestion linked above, but obviously instead of the hangout part, it will be your guild's farm. I'm not sure how exactly Robby would plan to go about implementing this since its pretty different than anything else in the game (if he did), therefor I'm going to leave this semi-vague on purpose. Basically though, this would be where each guild would plant, maintain, harvest, and collect their crops.

A guild farm must be purchased by each guild using in game coins.

Growing time:

Since Eliatopia is based on a 24hr day/night cycle unlike Minecraft, it would not be ideal to have the crops take a "normal" amount of time to grow. I propose starting each crop at 10% of their "IRL growth time", and the ability to upgrade that down to 5% through some upgrades which are mentioned below.

For example, according to the first source that came up on google, the average carrot takes about 3 months (Assume 90 days for easy math's sake) from start to finish to grow and be ready for harvest. A carrot in Eliatopia would then initially take 10% of that (9 days) from start to finish to grow and be ready for harvest, and your farm can be upgraded to reduce that time down to 5% (4.5 days).

You'd also have to water your crops, and each crop may require to be watered more or less than others.

Upgrades:

These upgrades would be purchased using the "guild upgrades" feature suggested in the thread linked at the top

Robby is saying he always is looking for ways to remove money / emeralds from the economy to reduce the "forever-inflation" problem, so making these upgrades cost a fair amount of money and / or emeralds would be a great way to do that. Anyway, here's some upgrades I thought of (welcoming more suggestions for upgrades in the comments):

- Increase the number of crops grown by each plant:
Default: 1 crop per plant
Increase per level: 1 additional crop per plant
Max Upgrade Level: 4 (total of 5 crops grown per plant)

- Decrease growth time:
Default: 10% of IRL time
Decrease per level: 2.5%
Max Upgrade Level: 2 (total decrease of 5%)

- Farm expansion:
Default: Enough room to grow 100 crops at once Example only. Amount highly depends on how its implemented
Increase per level: 10% more crops
Max Upgrade Level: 10 (total of 100% increase in the number of crops able to grow)

- Automatic crop watering: (very expensive upgrade)
Default: No automatic watering
Max Upgrade Level: 1 (Automatic watering whenever required for crops)

Flashlight237

Re: Farming / crops

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Why the heck not? I made a bunch of food items (plums, potatoes, star fruit, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, etc), and god dang I would like to see those get added into the game.

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:00 pm

The potato war !!!

Also wouldn’t people have a big farm and just sell it for lots of money? This would probably shift the economy and then less grinding and more focusing on farms. Hope you don’t become technoblade

Heneral

Post by Heneral » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:16 am

Bump
One of the Monarch and Oldest Player in Elia Society.
Since The Game Was Created.

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 pm

Support. Guilds still need a purpose, we need more things to do other than grind, and crafting gear is more fun than just instantly buying it from the shop.
Goddess of the hunt

GonDup

Post by GonDup » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:53 pm

Artemis wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 pm
Support. Guilds still need a purpose, we need more things to do other than grind, and crafting gear is more fun than just instantly buying it from the shop.

Jinnzakk

Post by Jinnzakk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Artemis wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 pm
Up to this
"Devil in a form of a wh0re"
Discord: Jinnzakk#1268

troopas

Post by troopas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:43 pm

This is great, absolute support

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:00 pm

bump

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Cool idea! I really like the idea of making use of the weeds and plants that can be cut in the game. Having them drop some sort of plant item would actually be really cool. And yea, it'd give players something else to do, like go around cutting plants looking for certain items. This could be pretty cool, and probably wouldn't be TOO much. I'd say bump this in a few weeks. Currently I have some other things to implement, but maybe in a few weeks or more I could start working towards this.