Mages basic attack

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Re: Mages basic attack

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 am

-ZERO- wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:20 am
MrSchunk wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:48 pm
Mages are trash at farming in most of the areas because we only have the storm to do distance attacks, magic breathe is a waste of mp and orbs expire quickly, so it would be nice to have the same attacks as mages in HH (short distance but it's something).
Imagine getting hit by a mage with 5 projectiles on each wand that has P3 (12 poison damage).

So 5 projectiles on each wand = 10 projectiles on each hit
Imagine getting hit for 10x after getting knocked down by the storm clouds (as if storm clouds would not kill you lmao)

10 projectiles× 10 hits = 100 projectiles
100projectiles × 12 poison damage = easy 1,200 poison damage (take note, physical and other rune damage are not included).

So yeah, i like the idea but no support at all, why? Cuz mage already have a passive skill (crucial mp) which where your damage increases if you have MP.
Who said it has to be 5 projectiles? What if it was only 1, maybe 2? Giving mage a slight range increase would help it out a lot for grinding.

I know its OP in pvp because of forcefield, but pvp is basically irrelevant because it will never be balanced. Regardless, mage still sucks for grinding, its just a very weak warrior.

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:03 pm

-ZERO- wrote:
MrSchunk wrote:
Mages are trash at farming in most of the areas because we only have the storm to do distance attacks, magic breathe is a waste of mp and orbs expire quickly, so it would be nice to have the same attacks as mages in HH (short distance but it's something).
Imagine getting hit by a mage with 5 projectiles on each wand that has P3 (12 poison damage).

Imagine getting hit for 10x after getting knocked down by the storm clouds (as if storm clouds would not kill you lmao)

100projectiles × 12 poison damage = easy 1,200 poison damage (take note, physical and other rune damage are not included).

So yeah, i like the idea but no support at all, why? Cuz mage already have a passive skill (crucial mp) which where your damage increases if you have MP.
Seeing as literally every other skill doesn't even use rune damage, whatever just don't have poison for the orbs.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 am
-ZERO- wrote:
MrSchunk wrote:

Who said it has to be 5 projectiles? What if it was only 1, maybe 2? Giving mage a slight range increase would help it out a lot for grinding.

I know its OP in pvp because of forcefield, but pvp is basically irrelevant because it will never be balanced. Regardless, mage still sucks for grinding, its just a very weak warrior.
Uh uh uhh hahahahaa tsk tsk tsk! who the heck said that I am 100% sure that it will be 5 projectiles? think about the word "Imagine" lmao, and also, what he said was based on helmet heroes where it has more than 5 projectiles, I just made it 5 to make it easier to comprehend sadly...you can't. Wizard has the highest capability of grinding exp quickly, not unless if you're not used to it or you don't know how to. Don't even compare wizards to warriors because they're different, warriors can rotate faster than any class if they have proper skill choice, while mage can rotate while leaving a storm clouds behind and go to the next spawning point.

Like I said, wizard already have a passive skill "crucial mp" that enhance basic attacks if you have MP.
Last edited by -ZERO- on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:16 am

MrSchunk wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:19 am
Thank you all for the support and i understand zero of what he says, but i think it should be a way to just do with the first orb of each strike the poison dmg and the rest of the orbs normal dmg, just for not be so OP and ruining the game for everyone.
Yeah, It would be better to add few projectiles that has no rune effects, the basic attack can only deal rune damage if you hit the enemy with the actual weapon you are using, and also if that will be added, the crucial MP should be nerfed (You already know why, it's obvious)

masnam

Post by masnam » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 pm

-ZERO- wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 am
CrazyVanilla wrote:
-ZERO- wrote:

Uh uh uhh hahahahaa tsk tsk tsk! who the heck said that I am 100% sure that it will be 5 projectiles? think about the word "Imagine" lmao, and also, what he said was based on helmet heroes where it has more than 5 projectiles, I just made it 5 to make it easier to comprehend sadly...you can't. Wizard has the highest capability of grinding exp quickly, not unless if you're not used to it or you don't know how to. Don't even compare wizards to warriors because they're different, warriors can rotate faster than any class if they have proper skill choice, while mage can rotate while leaving a storm clouds behind and go to the next spawning point.

Like I said, wizard already have a passive skill "crucial mp" that enhance basic attacks if you have MP.
What do you mean by rotate

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:43 pm

masnam wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 pm
-ZERO- wrote:
CrazyVanilla wrote:

Area rotation in a specific area, running from one monster spawning point to another, and basically pertaining to the farming method.

masnam

Post by masnam » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:53 pm

-ZERO- wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:43 pm
masnam wrote:
-ZERO- wrote:

Area rotation in a specific area, running from one monster spawning point to another, and basically pertaining to the farming method.
No they can not. Ninja slash range is trash tbh and most monster spawns are a bit spread apart so any gunman or archer can easily kill them faster than a warrior

masnam

Post by masnam » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Let me give my take on projectiles that I had a while ago. So basically I was thinking the skill will have 2 groups of 5 upgrade stages. For the first 5 upgrade stages you gain a projectile. (5 in total) Also, each projectile gains 5% of your normal attack damage meaning at stage 5 you have 5 projectiles that do 20% each so if all hit you do normal attack damage. This will ensure that they don't become too op and since you have a chance of missing it makes it not too op as well. The next group of upgrades increases length. Each stage will get you about 1/2 of a sidewalk or 2.5 side walks at stage 5 for a good mid range.
Screenshot_93.png
Screenshot_93.png (254.64KiB)Viewed 454 times

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:51 am

masnam wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:53 pm
-ZERO- wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:43 pm
masnam wrote:

No they can not. Ninja slash range is trash tbh and most monster spawns are a bit spread apart so any gunman or archer can easily kill them faster than a warrior
Wtf are u saying? U asked me what i meant by the word "rotation", I just answered lmao. Know what you're saying dude, also this thread is about wizard and warriors since it has been mentioned, so don't you dare bring up gunmans and archers to this topic. I suggest you to read more to have better understanding cuz ur reading comprehension is too low.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:44 am

masnam wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Let me give my take on projectiles that I had a while ago. So basically I was thinking the skill will have 2 groups of 5 upgrade stages. For the first 5 upgrade stages you gain a projectile. (5 in total) Also, each projectile gains 5% of your normal attack damage meaning at stage 5 you have 5 projectiles that do 20% each so if all hit you do normal attack damage. This will ensure that they don't become too op and since you have a chance of missing it makes it not too op as well. The next group of upgrades increases length. Each stage will get you about 1/2 of a sidewalk or 2.5 side walks at stage 5 for a good mid range.

Screenshot_93.png
This seems like a good idea if it was to be implemented.
Hello :) hope you have a nice day! (I am just a normal nerd who plays games in free time)