Money Power Nerf (Still incredibly OP)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Money Power Nerf (Still incredibly OP)

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:57 pm

So anyone who plays pretty much knows how OP this skill still is. It got a rework a few updates ago, but unfortunately that didn't really change much. There are still cowboys with 100k+ (I've even seen as high as 600k-1m) damage outputs with extremely fast shooting guns just destroying every enemy in merely a few bullets or less. This is extremely OP as cowboy already has the longest range out of any class along with the fastest attacking speed (in most guns cases). Paring this with extremely high damage outputs, outputs higher than maxed out raged up warriors can get, is just insanely OP. It's gotten to the point where if you are grinding and one of these players comes to grind with you, you may as well just log off because you are literally not going to get any kills with them there.

Now sure, the skill also reduces your defensive output, which is a great trade-off on paper, however in reality it doesn't really mean anything for two reasons. The first is simply because you can still maintain a fair defensive output and get a little extra HP while still having the insane damage, and the second is if you have the longest range out of any class, and kill everything in 1 bullet, no matter what your defense or HP are, where is the risk of death?

Solution 1:
The very simple solution to this is maxing out the percentage the money power skill can increase your damage by to 100%. For example say you need to carry $10mil coins to reach that 100% damage increase, and your current damage output is 20k-40k. If you are carrying that $10mil, your damage will be raised to 40k-80k, and any additional coins you carry will just essentially be "wasted" and not add anything else to your damage output. But if you were only carrying $5mil coins (assuming thats a 50% damage increase), your damage would then be 30k-60k and continue to increase as you carry more coins until you reach that $10mil mark.

Solution 2:
This solution is more complex, though I think it is the better of the two, and will actually work over the long term. Essentially this would be while having the "money power" skill upgraded AND carrying more than $1mil coins (to avoid this happening for players not trying to use the skill), the bullets damage is reduced by 3% for every additional 1 foot it travels from the gun. To be perfectly clear, this is not going to apply for "normal" cowboys who do not use the money power skill. This is only for those who use the money power skill to try and get the extremely high damage outputs.

Example:
The max range of a gun is 33.3 feet. So while having both the skill upgraded and carrying more than $1mil coins, the bullets damage will be reduced by an additional 3% for every 1 foot it travels before hitting an enemy. Say the bullet travels 15 feet before hitting the enemy, the bullet would then do 45% less damage. Therefor, if you have 100k damage output, that bullet by the time it reached the enemy would only have 55k damage output.

This would address the "where is the risk of death?" problem mentioned above, since in order to actually take advantage of that massive damage output, the player would have to sacrifice their extremely long range and risk their safety by getting much closer to the enemy. The closer they are to the enemy, the more damage the bullet does.

P.S. Mage, Warrior, Cowboy, Whipmaster all have skills that increase damage, where is the one for Archers?
Last edited by CrazyVanilla on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GonDup

Re: Money Power Nerf (Still incredibly OP)

Post by GonDup » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Dunno about the solution, But the skill in general needs a nerf or rework. Simply too op, Without the downside ever having a factor if you play even a little smart.

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:22 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:57 pm
P.S. Mage, Warrior, Cowboy, Whipmaster all have skills that increase damage, where is the one for Archers?
Um arrow hoard?

Heneral

Post by Heneral » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:54 am

It adds Alot of Damage but your def bro just look at it of you obtain 1m damage your def will be down to 5k.
One of the Monarch and Oldest Player in Elia Society.
Since The Game Was Created.

Darkninja

Post by Darkninja » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:25 am

i like solution 2, basically a non-linear boost
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.69KiB)Viewed 568 times

DREEAAM09_is_back

Post by DREEAAM09_is_back » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:06 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:57 pm

bruh archers have luck skill so what about us? even archers can reach 100k+ damage and your leaf guard and that ball thing is also OP...and why did u even pick archers or just play as cowboy?
WAAW! THATS GRAPE!

ALSOADDMYACCOUNT
D_A_R_K

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:43 am

Whatever man, I wouldn't mind, if people think money power is overpowered then yall can change it, just keep away from the rest of the class since that's all fine and dandy.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Khazic

Post by Khazic » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:28 am

No
OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:17 pm

LMAO, I am fu**ing dying.
People ONLY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT NOW that gunmen are more common. Suck it up, they've always had the potential to reach infinite damage, yet noone bats an eye. People like you only complain when its relevant, not when its always been there (im just disappointed in your awareness, safe to say.)
KONO DIA DA!

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:25 pm

Savage0 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:17 pm
LMAO, I am fu**ing dying.
People ONLY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT NOW that gunmen are more common. Suck it up, they've always had the potential to reach infinite damage, yet noone bats an eye. People like you only complain when its relevant, not when its always been there (im just disappointed in your awareness, safe to say.)
Ok retard.

I have been advocating for a nerf for MONTHS, way before it became popular. I am the reason it got reworked in the first place a few months ago, which didn't end up helping the situation. Therefor it needs to be nerfed / reworked again.

I have been every class multiple times, and I have used this skill. I can first hand say it is incredibly OP.