Allow Players to Assign Skills to B, N, and M keys (1, 2, and 3 Buttons for Mobile)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Allow Players to Assign Skills to B, N, and M keys (1, 2, and 3 Buttons for Mobile)

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:14 am

Okay, I've seen many people suggesting skills (and I mean, like, unique skills) and... Guys, you shouldn't be doing that now! Not yet at least. Instead, we need to prevent clutter from happening first.

To do that, I think players should have the ability to assign skills to the three skill keys, which are B, N, and M. You know, basically custom keybinding for skills. With that, I think we can allow for more unique skills to appear. Like, for instance, let's say you're a wizard. You got Magic Breath, which uses the M key.

Now, let's say you wanna replace that with, say, a Fireball spell that does 2.1x a mage's base damage. You can swap Magic Breath out and instead have the Fireball spell make use of the M key.

What I'm trying to do is actually open the doors for players to make use of unique skills; after all, how balanced are players going to be with just a set of finite skills as opposed to skills they're free to assign to the three skill keys (again, B, N, and M)?

But yeah, there's that. This was something I've warned you all about years ago and now, I think this is more important. Have y'all never heard of prevention?

Swagybob

Re: Allow Players to Assign Skills to B, N, and M keys (1, 2, and 3 Buttons for Mobile)

Post by Swagybob » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:45 pm

Support, this is a great idea.

Khazic

Re: Allow Players to Assign Skills to B, N, and M keys (1, 2, and 3 Buttons for Mobile)

Post by Khazic » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:03 am

Support
OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

ImCrazy2

Post by ImCrazy2 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:30 am

Support and it would be cool if instead of upgrading the skills we get them from monster drops / buy it from spell shop/ players. If only this could happen ahahah.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:47 am

Bumping this up since it's now relevant again (plus Cinos had said that we should limit skills to 3 buttons, so custom keybinding is necessary for it to work).