Increase level requirement of items when they are upgraded

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Increase level requirement of items when they are upgraded

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:09 pm

So I thought about it, and it doesn't really make sense for this not to be added in. I mean, the whole purpose of the level requirements is to prohibit lower level players from equipping OP gear, so it doesn't make sense for a stage 3 sharpened Element Staff, which has more power than a plain Jester Staff, to have a lower level requirement. This goes for all weapons, armors, and accessories as well.

This would also dial down the ability to "p2w". Although I don't really consider any part of Eliatopia "p2w" at all, some players think the ability to buy emeralds, sell them, and max out your set and weapons very quickly is slightly "p2w". By making the level requirement increase with each upgrade, it would at least require said player to level up more, and delay them equipping OP gear.

There would have to be a small change or addition made to the process of upgrading items though, the way I see it there are 2 options;

1) You are only able to upgrade unequipped items.
2) The level requirement is not only for the item itself, but also in order to upgrade it.

Basically this is just to stop players from having an item equipped and upgrading it while it's already equipped, bypassing the new level requirement.

If anyone wants an example, here is what I mean (these are example figures):

Element Staff - no upgrades
Required level: 45

Element Staff - upgrading to Stage 1 Sharpened
Cost to upgrade: 100,000 coins
Required level to upgrade and equip: 47

I only mentioned sharpening stone upgrades, but it would be better if every upgrade for each type of rune / stone had an effect on the level requirement, as say a fire rune doesn't increase the actual power stat of the weapon, but it does still make the weapon more powerful.

Flashlight237

Re: Increase level requirement of items when they are upgraded

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:14 pm

I'm gonna have to say no support. I'd rather not see the fallout that would occur from this, not to mention it would only further complicate things from a development standpoint.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:38 pm

As for me well said, sounds very good and fair-as for now same lvl players have way different power depending only on runes and stones so making it a bit harder is very good way to inspire them to keep lvling up.

Dead_Bullet

Post by Dead_Bullet » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:50 am

who will support it? BRUH

in any game, after improvement, there should be more damage, and not a level for dressing an item, then what is the essence of the improvement if it's easier to buy a higher level item with multiple damage than enhant items. No support that bruh post.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I suppose this would make sense. I'd have to see what some more players think though, or how bad everyone would want this at the current moment, so I know where to prioritize it if it would be something a lot of player want to see, that is.

FBIHitler

Post by FBIHitler » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:05 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, I suppose this would make sense. I'd have to see what some more players think though, or how bad everyone would want this at the current moment, so I know where to prioritize it if it would be something a lot of player want to see, that is.
I'd like to support this movement because right now runes are hella op and are pretty much required to become strong.

But one thing I think should be considered is each rune description should include how much higher the level requirement gets with each rune for example

Stage 1 Sharpening Rune

Each sharpening rune increases the level requirement to upgraded weapons by x
:heart: 🇺🇦 Support Ukraine, Russia is LYING about their gov't.
I am NOT a neo-nazi nor do I condone anything they've done.

Invoke

Post by Invoke » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 pm

Well if you realize how hard it is to lvl up with 100 online players in 1 server you'll know.

Invoke

Post by Invoke » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:39 pm

It would be better to add stats requirement for the items. So avoid using 1 stat to kill something right.
Got this idea from CABAL.

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:25 pm

Robby wrote:
bad
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:06 pm

Robby wrote:
I personally don't support it. The idea will cause the game to bug out in one of two ways.

1. Players would be getting overleveled weapons equipped all over the place.
2. The game will get confused over whether players should have equipped said weapons or not.

It's much better to just leave it alone.