Some thoughts.

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
GeraltOfRivia

Some thoughts.

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:52 pm

1. Change step pads so instead of other ppl you will simply have to wait some time or pay a fee to enter.
2. Remove shaking efect or make it way more visible(depending on quality-visible only on higher than medium)
3.Archers get arrows by killing mobs so why the heck gumans don't get bullets?
4.Buying emes in bulk should give extra %(more than 400)f.e for 50$ you should get 1100 not 1000.
5.Runes perks should be strictly based on your own power(f.e. poison rune makes same damage despite weapon you use so it should give certain % of your own damage).
6. Hardening stones upgrade should cost less since it perks even if you get to stage 5 is way more expensive than item itself f.e if item cost 1M upgrading it to stage 5 should cost not more than 150% in total of its original price and give at least 75% def buff.
7.Orb field HP should be strictly based on player HP only-buff should be not bigger than around 200-300% of player HP. Also it should have at least few sec cooldown to avoid spamming it on PVP.
8. Any damage taken on PVP shouldn't stun a player. It makes oponent unable to conrtattack.
9. Shields should have additional def skill based on reducing poinson effect. The more def it have, the more poison damage it reduces.
10. Make objects finally transparent if you get behind them. Also while behind don't forget to make possibility to click other players(in case of botting).

cinos

Re: Some thoughts.

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:08 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:52 pm
1. Change step pads so instead of other ppl you will simply have to wait some time or pay a fee to enter.
2. Remove shaking efect or make it way more visible(depending on quality-visible only on higher than medium)
4.Buying emes in bulk should give extra %(more than 400)f.e for 50$ you should get 1100 not 1000.
5.Runes perks should be strictly based on your own power(f.e. poison rune makes same damage despite weapon you use so it should give certain % of your own damage).
6. Hardening stones upgrade should cost less since it perks even if you get to stage 5 is way more expensive than item itself f.e if item cost 1M upgrading it to stage 5 should cost not more than 150% in total of its original price and give at least 75% def buff.
7.Orb field HP should be strictly based on player HP only-buff should be not bigger than around 200-300% of player HP. Also it should have at least few sec cooldown to avoid spamming it on PVP.
8. Any damage taken on PVP shouldn't stun a player. It makes oponent unable to conrtattack.
9. Shields should have additional def skill based on reducing poinson effect. The more def it have, the more poison damage it reduces.
10. Make objects finally transparent if you get behind them. Also while behind don't forget to make possibility to click other players(in case of botting).
1. No, I actually rather HAVE player interaction this time, ya know, like a GOOD MMO?
2. Absolutely
3. Yeah I always found that weird, and if not bullet packs maybe grenades of clamp traps
4. hall of fame stuff I dunno about but yeah sure
5. Don't you dare touch poison
6. There's a fifth stage? OR A FOURTH STAGE?
7. Indeed shield should not be bυllshit
8. Depends but ultimately yes?
9. Poison is raw damage, "reduced poison damage" is dumb and misses the point of the rune, not to mention people would still never use shields, just make the defense buff a lil better and MAYBE this unconventional playstyle will one day have SOME players backing it up.
10. ye

A lot of the ones I agree with have already been said.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:

1. Yus pls. Most players play this game like it's single player and are at each other's throats.
2. Really needs to be fixed
3. Sure y not (personally think it's annoying to collect em tho)
4. Support
5. Sounds good to me
6. Support, hardening stones aren't even worth it right now
7. Support, this skill is very OP in PVP
8. Support
9. Dunno about this one. Would like to keep poison damage against players how it is but, it would make shields more viable than they are right now.
10. Most supported suggestion and continues to be ignored :c
Goddess of the hunt

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:42 pm

cinos wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:08 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
1. No, I actually rather HAVE player interaction this time, ya know, like a GOOD MMO?
2. Absolutely
3. Yeah I always found that weird, and if not bullet packs maybe grenades of clamp traps
4. hall of fame stuff I dunno about but yeah sure
5. Don't you dare touch poison
6. There's a fifth stage? OR A FOURTH STAGE?
7. Indeed shield should not be bυllshit
8. Depends but ultimately yes?
9. Poison is raw damage, "reduced poison damage" is dumb and misses the point of the rune, not to mention people would still never use shields, just make the defense buff a lil better and MAYBE this unconventional playstyle will one day have SOME players backing it up.
10. ye

A lot of the ones I agree with have already been said.
1. Made this only because of high amount of botters abusing trouble with passing gates by others.
5. As for me doesn't looks cool if with one stat point using twig and newest weapon you get the same rune damage. Just it.
6. Robby stated he wanna make it all up to stage 5.
7. Maybe at leat tis will give them any use like on PVP as additional backup?. Maybe. Just a thought how to make them usefull.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:

1. Yus pls. Most players play this game like it's single player and are at each other's throats.
4. Support
5. Sounds good to me
8. Support
9. Dunno about this one. Would like to keep poison damage against players how it is but, it would make shields more viable than they are right now.
Good word always helpfull.
About no.9 so far no one found good addition how to make them way more usefull so better this than nothing.

gujiml

Post by gujiml » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:13 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:58 pm
Artemis wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:

4. Support
5. Sounds good to me
8. Support
Good word always helpfull.
About no.9 so far no one found good addition how to make them way more usefull so better this than nothing.
Good thought,
2.Support
I am Gujiml people Call me Guji Nice To Meet you

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:00 pm

Almost forgot about one major thing-LOOT DELAY. This one is needed as soon as possible, eveyone are tired of looters.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 pm

cinos wrote:

Step pads are terrible for 2 reasons(or more if you count the list)

1: If you don't have any friends who are online, the chance that you'll actually find a person nice enough to help you get past the gate is little to none. Probably close to 97% of all the players I've met in eliatopia either 1) don't speak english, therefore i cannot communicate with them and have to resort to pinging a friend on discord and asking them to translate. (thanks mike) 2) are toxic and just yell some words i don't understand, along with HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHA, and then I leave so i don't have to deal with seeing tons of "HAHAHA" everywhere. 3) use glitches to get in by themselves and leave the players who were standing there for half an hour to wait for more people, and hope that they don't leave. 4) They get impatient and tired of waiting, so they just leave, so you end up waiting longer than it would've taken to log a few alts on and run to the step pad. The remaining 3% are all players that I meet in the discord server, so attempting to interact with the playerbase is impossible. :lol:

2: Most of the step pads you can glitch past, and it probably has negative net benefit on player interaction, as most people check the step pads to see if there's people, and if there isn't, they just leave. A lot of people also just use explosion + mage field combo to glitch past the gate, so it's utterly useless.

tl;dr step pads are useless, causes player interaction to drop more than it helps, and is overall a pain in the butt

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:11 am

Swagybob wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 pm
cinos wrote:

Step pads are terrible for 2 reasons(or more if you count the list)

1: If you don't have any friends who are online, the chance that you'll actually find a person nice enough to help you get past the gate is little to none. Probably close to 97% of all the players I've met in eliatopia either 1) don't speak english, therefore i cannot communicate with them and have to resort to pinging a friend on discord and asking them to translate. (thanks mike) 2) are toxic and just yell some words i don't understand, along with HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHA, and then I leave so i don't have to deal with seeing tons of "HAHAHA" everywhere. 3) use glitches to get in by themselves and leave the players who were standing there for half an hour to wait for more people, and hope that they don't leave. 4) They get impatient and tired of waiting, so they just leave, so you end up waiting longer than it would've taken to log a few alts on and run to the step pad. The remaining 3% are all players that I meet in the discord server, so attempting to interact with the playerbase is impossible. :lol:

2: Most of the step pads you can glitch past, and it probably has negative net benefit on player interaction, as most people check the step pads to see if there's people, and if there isn't, they just leave. A lot of people also just use explosion + mage field combo to glitch past the gate, so it's utterly useless.

tl;dr step pads are useless, causes player interaction to drop more than it helps, and is overall a pain in the butt
So a pad that requires four players to unite actually DROPS player interraction because sometimes I guess people aren't helping? Well, no, I don't think so. That happens, and it's a shame, but imo it's not enough to warrant removing it. Something like this cannot somehow "drop player interraction", you just met a few unkindly faces, which is ironically more interraction than what a countdown would offer...aka zero. Sorry man but I can't particularly agree when I've never had much trouble entering the gate, most people I meet are usually happy to help me enter, it's inside the gauntlet that the worst of the community reveals itself.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:00 pm

Bump.