Empty-Feeling Eliapedia Entries

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Empty-Feeling Eliapedia Entries

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:44 am

Putting here as well as it is intended to address some issues.

Okay, so I do have issues with how empty some Eliapedia entries feel. Most notorious of these are the Scorpee and Stalagmite's entries, but others feel empty as well, including those of the latest mobs. I mean really, why do you think I write about the game's mobs as soon as the opportunity pops up? That being said, it's time to fill them up. Here goes...

Scorpee

Add the following lines to the entry,
"Scorpees are top-tier predators that can eat anything ranging from Squishers to Great Frogs and Shellshockers. The Scorpee can even hold its breath underwater for over an hour. Regardless, Scorpees avoid Auroch Beetles unless if they're targeting an unattended calf or a sickly or dying beetle. Scorpees can glow in the dark, allowing them to hunt for prey at night and in caves. Strangely, Scorpees are tamable and can be ridden on by humans. While they are tamed as riding and draft animals like the Auroch Beetles, they are rarely farmed for meat due to the risks associated with Scorpee sting. Scorpee jerky is a delicacy in Eliatopia, and the meat has a flavor similar to horse meat on Earth."

Stalagmite

Add the following lines to the entry.
"It's possible that their aggression towards Xantis and his troops are the result of their loyalty to their creator: Moonchyllus, who had tasked them to help protect the environment. Perhaps they know something we don't?"

Squishers
Add the following lines to the entry.:
"Squishers are comparable to Earth's rabbits in terms of power, although unlike rabbits, the meat of squishers has a jelly-like texture and a Spam-like flavor. It is recommended that the meat of a squisher be made into a spread for either crackers or toast."

Fanged Squishers
Add the following lines to the entry.:
"Fanged squishers are often kept in exhibits and terrariums in zoos and as pets in Eliatopia. In captivity, Fanged Squishers can be fed crickets and mice. While rich in iron, squisher meat has a porklike flavor to it."

Tesla Coils

The second sentence should be written as "Tesla crawlers use supercharged tesla coils to fire short-ranged bursts of electricity at their opponents."

Add the following lines to the entry.
"While beneficial for manufacturing purposes, they, like any cheap product, comes with many flaws. For starters, they aren't really able to use much of their electricity output for attacking foes; the jolts that do damage foes are comparable to the jolts of electricity let out by Shellshockers."

Mandrake

Eh, the very last sentence is kinda redundant.

Fernip

The following lines should be added.

"Moonchyllus made Fernips, along with Agents and Policemen, among the first targets of her rampage, knowing that their propagation will result in environmental disaster. So far, her efforts worked, as Fernips weren't found outside of the Nature Factory's basement."

Steel Block

You meet them earlier than you do Sentries and Gal Roaches, so I would put their spot before them. That being said, given they're supposed to be 100% solid steel, I ran the math and this is how much they should weigh based on the measurements I took on them.:

Weight: 7000 lbs (steel has a density of 7750-8000 kg/m³)

Seriously, your weight figure of 600 lbs assumes that Steel Blocks are made out of paper instead of steel. Trust me, I had to do some basic physics stuff on Vs Battles Wiki for calculations on how powerful certain characters are.

Also, their Eliapedia entry is kind of a mess itself. Here, allow me to patch it up. This fixed copy should feature all that was written before plus some additional observations.:

"The Steel Block is an early prototype created by one of the factories. While Steel Blocks were made of steel like Sentries, they weren't produced by the Alion City Nature Factory due to their purely-metallic composition. While they are very heavy thanks to their solid bodies, steel blocks are surprisingly agile despite their bulk. They can match the speeds of an Olympic athlete if given the chance. While they don't need to breath underwater, they are incapable of swimming due to their density. I, Moonchyllus, found Steel Blocks to be adorable creatures and opted to convert them to my side in order to protect the wishing well from being used by Xantis and his troops for his greedy and genocidal purposes. I think it's a successful effort thus far, human. Eliatopians think Steel Blocks are unintelligent, but really, the average Eliatopian is about as intelligent as the average koala if not dumber."

I've opted to take out the intelligence comment because, let's be real, EVERYTHING is smarter than the average Eliatopian. Also, that wouldn't put the Steel Block's agility in a positive light, so there ya have it. I added some bits based around what I've observed.

-Steel Blocks can't swim in the water. What did you expect?
-I had to give people an explanation as to why they're next to a wishing well.
-Given the wishing well is supposed to be magical, I had to get Moonchyllus involved somehow. Also, this would be the first time Moonchyllus would reveal herself to be the writer of the Eliapedia (how else are you getting the info immediately when you kill a monster?).

Gal Roach

These... things came before Sentries and Znakes, so put their slot before them. That being said, the Gal Roach's entry is also rough around the edges. Here's a patched version of the entry.:

"The Gal Roach is a large species of beetle found deep in the woods of Alion Forest. The Gal Roach has a large, spotted elytra with wings underneath it, although due to its heavy weight, it is unable to fly much more than a few feet no matter how hard it tried. The Gal Roach has a tendency to cake itself in makeup made out of the Petunias and Rafflesias it eats and craft high heels out of the exoskeletons of deceased Eliatopian arthropods in an attempt to mate with Auroch Beetles. Problem is they look so hideous as a result that they drive Auroch Beetles away, and their crush-fetishist-like behavior doesn't help either! You know, they say "begone, thot!" for a reason, human. Give me some frickin' brain bleach! Ugh... Fortunately, the Gal Roach has poor standards and will instead wind up mating with giant cockroaches the first chance they get. Good for them; they're friggin' hideous."

Sentry

Do I really have to patch up these questionably-written entries? Right... Here goes.

"Sentries are the earliest of the Nature Factory's creations. Before moving on to "environmental" monsters that are actually genetically-modified weapons, the Alion City Nature Factory started out by making basic robotic weaponry. Sentries employ a "hit-and-run" strategy where they spit bombs at their foes while running away in an effort to keep their distance from foes. Their bombs are as powerful as grenades, although they can easily be batted away if one is skilled enough to try. Last time sentries attacked me, I managed to take their bombs at point-blank range and wiped out the group that had the nerve to attack me. Friggin' metallic turds..."

Many of these rewrites have Moonchyllus speaking to the player, but it makes sense since Dawn, the Total Drama character Moonchyllus is based on, had some pretty haxed information analysis abilities (i.e. her aura reading).

Znakes

Okay, last thing I had to rewrite... Really should have someone proofread these things before releasing them.

"Znakes were partially organic and partially mechanical; however, it seems all the skin they used to have had rotted away. Only their innards seemed to remain. Now, 20% of the Znake's body is made out of its organic innards while the rest of its body is made out of rusted steel. Znakes consume leaves in order to charge their internal batteries and allow them to retain their mobility despite their corroded bodies. Their claws are like hedge trimmers; you don't want to get yourself cut by any of them. The smell of rotten flesh and oil they have does not help either. One had to wonder what Znakes originally looked like before their skin rotted away."

Policeman

"Harnened" should be written as "hardened." As for what to add... Well...

"As if they weren't brutish enough, policemen are swift to respond to protesters by tear-gassing, beating, and even gunning them down. They're friggin' animals, ya hear?"

That's all I got on policemen, really.

But yeah, there's that.
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flashlight237

Re: Empty-Feeling Eliapedia Entries

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:35 pm

Bump

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:45 am

Okay, so I have to deal with another empty-ish Eliapedia entry that can use some touching up. This time, it's the Dome Shroom. Here goes nothing.:

"Dome Shrooms are a weird evolutionary phenomenon. Partly fungal and partly metallic, the Dome Shroom puzzled scientists over their genetic makeup. The current theory for their unusual makeup is overexposure to metals, but the lack of fossil finds showing a link between the Dome Shroom and any ancestors it may have had make this theory questionable. Dome Shrooms regularly ate electric eels, molted Shellshocker shells, and sometimes scrapped Tesla Crawlers. This electrifying diet allows Dome Shrooms to produce the spark bombs they shoot out. While the soft parts of the Dome Shroom are used for pizza toppings, some people argue against the consumption of Dome Shroom due to its dangerously-high iron content. I personally think you should be fine eating Dome Shroom as long as you do so in small quantities like what you see on top of pizza pies. I prefer pepperoni and bacon myself."
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:40 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:45 am
Okay, so I have to deal with another empty-ish Eliapedia entry that can use some touching up. This time, it's the Dome Shroom. Here goes nothing.:

"Dome Shrooms are a weird evolutionary phenomenon. Partly fungal and partly metallic, the Dome Shroom puzzled scientists over their genetic makeup. The current theory for their unusual makeup is overexposure to metals, but the lack of fossil finds showing a link between the Dome Shroom and any ancestors it may have had make this theory questionable. Dome Shrooms regularly ate electric eels, molted Shellshocker shells, and sometimes scrapped Tesla Crawlers. This electrifying diet allows Dome Shrooms to produce the spark bombs they shoot out. While the soft parts of the Dome Shroom are used for pizza toppings, some people argue against the consumption of Dome Shroom due to its dangerously-high iron content. I personally think you should be fine eating Dome Shroom as long as you do so in small quantities like what you see on top of pizza pies. Did you know I own a pizza place? It's called 'Moonchild Pizza,' and I enforce an anti-racism and anti-xenophobia policy on it. My favorite toppings are pepperoni and bacon."
Okay I actually do like the idea of Moonchyllus writing the eliapedia, but personally I would suggest being more subtle about it...though considering she's supposed to be fought before dome shrooms maybe it gradually becomes more apparent.
Okay but for real maybe having the eliapedia be Moonchy's sassy scribles that early and for the shrooms especially...dunno it seems excessive. Again I like this, but I say you stay subtle about it with the exceptions of things like her own page since...well, it's HER page, right? Basically, less moon pizza for now :y
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:11 am

cinos wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:40 am
Flashlight237 wrote:

"Dome Shrooms are a weird evolutionary phenomenon. Partly fungal and partly metallic, the Dome Shroom puzzled scientists over their genetic makeup. The current theory for their unusual makeup is overexposure to metals, but the lack of fossil finds showing a link between the Dome Shroom and any ancestors it may have had make this theory questionable. Dome Shrooms regularly ate electric eels, molted Shellshocker shells, and sometimes scrapped Tesla Crawlers. This electrifying diet allows Dome Shrooms to produce the spark bombs they shoot out. While the soft parts of the Dome Shroom are used for pizza toppings, some people argue against the consumption of Dome Shroom due to its dangerously-high iron content. I personally think you should be fine eating Dome Shroom as long as you do so in small quantities like what you see on top of pizza pies. Did you know I own a pizza place? It's called 'Moonchild Pizza,' and I enforce an anti-racism and anti-xenophobia policy on it. My favorite toppings are pepperoni and bacon."
Okay I actually do like the idea of Moonchyllus writing the eliapedia, but personally I would suggest being more subtle about it...though considering she's supposed to be fought before dome shrooms maybe it gradually becomes more apparent.
Okay but for real maybe having the eliapedia be Moonchy's sassy scribles that early and for the shrooms especially...dunno it seems excessive. Again I like this, but I say you stay subtle about it with the exceptions of things like her own page since...well, it's HER page, right? Basically, less moon pizza for now :y
Yeah, you're right. Too strong on the wording for the Domeys.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:16 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:11 am
cinos wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:40 am
Flashlight237 wrote:

Yeah, you're right. Too strong on the wording for the Domeys.
Ye XD
Hello :) hope you have a nice day! (I am just a normal nerd who plays games in free time)

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Still nuddin'.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:11 pm

Bump

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:36 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:11 pm
Bump
I wonder why robby isn't replying anything to this :(.
Hello :) hope you have a nice day! (I am just a normal nerd who plays games in free time)

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Thanks, cool entries! I'm not sure if I'll change them entirely, but I'll probably modify some of them to include some of stuff you've written. :)