Roll every player's data back before the update 0.67 became live.

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
noire
Roll every player's data back before the update 0.67 became live.

Post by noire » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Players that indulged themselves on the dupe exploit transferred the items bought using duped coins through:

- Dropping the items and have their alternate user pick them up.
- Trade
- Pit

As for the duped coins, they also transferred them to multiple alternate accounts through:

- Trade
- Killing the user with duped coins on PvP area using their alternate account, picking it up right after death.

Game admin, this is just me reminding but after you have fixed the dupe exploit please,
If possible, do a rollback on every player's data right before you uploaded the 0.67 update.
EXP, Coins picked, Items picked, Trade, Items bought from vendor, Emeralds bought from vendor, and anything else that I might have forgot to mention.
This would wipe out the damage caused by duped coins to the Eliatopian economy.
[Heck, I even remember someone sending me PMs that they would give me mecha wings for free. :lol: ]
- End

FBIHitler

Re: Roll every player's data back before the update 0.67 became live.

Post by FBIHitler » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:42 pm

What about people who bought ems? What if they also bought something in payvault?

Also rollback the leaderboards? After people spent a lot of time to already get on them?

I think Robby should look into each case where someone was wiped and determine if they are clean or not.
:heart: 🇺🇦 Support Ukraine, Russia is LYING about their gov't.
I am NOT a neo-nazi nor do I condone anything they've done.

we_can

Post by we_can » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:25 am

FBIHitler wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:42 pm
What about people who bought ems? What if they also bought something in payvault?

Also rollback the leaderboards? After people spent a lot of time to already get on them?

I think Robby should look into each case where someone was wiped and determine if they are clean or not.
I think you should give refunds to people who bought ems during 0.67, but keep the leaderboards. Yes, I agree Robby should look a little into if someone is clean or not.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmblXu9kpizGeIwMNLHWPvQ

og warrior

LilThicc

Post by LilThicc » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:17 pm

I think rollback is the very best answer to this current situation we're currently having, I mean seriously, there's no way to differentiate which is real money, items, and which is not UNLESS Robby did a super thorough investigation of every trades, NPC buys/sell, item pickups and vendor trades which I believe will take more time than the players want/wait. Some players will quit due to the long server maintenance, some new players that just got the hang of the game will quit because they lost passion and such.

It is rather unfortunate for the players who grinded mobs for exp and items (I'm not quite sure if Robby can make the players keep their exp or nah) and will get rollbacked but it is what it is, the economy of the game got absolutely destroyed so yea, that's probably what it would take to bring back the balance of the game.

Ofc, the ones who bought emerald straight up from payvault will not be affected since I believe Robby will give it since it's regarding real money.

imma just put this here, this is just my OWN OPINION regarding the disaster the game is facing.
AGAIN, OWN OPINIOOON

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:38 pm

Rollback would cause us to lose progress, staying the same would mean people who didn't even know poop was duped are gonna just stay naked. There's no win scenario, robby gunked up, no we just wait until things get better.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:10 pm

cinos wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:38 pm
Rollback would cause us to lose progress, staying the same would mean people who didn't even know poop was duped are gonna just stay naked. There's no win scenario, robby gunked up, no we just wait until things get better.
Better rollback than dozens of fake money and items on the market. Wouldn't be cool to others watching nub accounts with fake money.

LilThicc

Post by LilThicc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:33 am

cinos wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:38 pm
Which is better than having millions of fake moneys circulating around the playerbase, progress of how many days? less than 3? Sure it'll be wasted but its a small price for the balance of the game.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Bumping up since not only is this necessary, but also for visibility's sake.

edk

Post by edk » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:48 pm

can this even be done? if so its the only fair option

!BEAST!

Post by !BEAST! » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:50 pm

I agree a roll-back from before 0.67.00 would be more easier and secure
Ign: !BEAST!