Quests, Pets, and more (updated)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Quests, Pets, and more (updated)

Post by CrazyVanilla » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:01 am

Currently the game as a whole is solely based on player levels, there really isn’t much depth to it, and in my opinion more depth is greatly needed. There have been many suggestions for quests and pets (including my own), but I feel like there is an opportunity to add significant core features to the game with these ideas rather than just basic “extras”.

Before going into detail into the features, the basic outline of what I mean by one of the “core features” to the game is essentially something like this;

Element Helmet:
Required player level: 40
Required quest level: 20
Required pet level: 15

As you can see, equipment would be based on more than just player levels, which would make the game revolve around more than just pressing B in a tesla cage for 6 hours a day. There are a couple more big features other than that, but that’s probably the biggest “depth” change from this suggestion.

Quests:

Currently there are some quests in the game, but they are fairly basic and only to unlock new areas. I think the idea of quests is a great one, and should be heavily expanded on. There would be two types of quests, storyline quests and individual quests

Storyline quests would just be similar to the little quests we have now. These would be fairly easy to complete, but the purpose would be to learn about different game features, explore the map, unlock new areas, kill bosses, complete dungeons (if something like that is added) and interact with other players, pretty much just as they are now. There should also be a lot more of them.

The individual quests would have 3 tiers; daily, weekly, monthly quests (which is how often they reset). These quests would be relatively the same concept, just the weekly and monthly quests would be much more time consuming and challenging than the daily, while giving more quest exp respectively. These quests could range as anything from “Kill 20 players in PvP” for a daily quest, to “Kill 10,000 stalagmites” for a weekly quest, to “earn 1,000,000 exp” for a monthly quest. The quests could include things like purchasing x amount of items from a vendor, collecting x amount of items from donation drones, walking x distance, killing x amount of players while riding a mob, pretty much anything Robby has the ability to track. (Just pure examples).

To be clear, there will be a "bank" of quests, and after each time period (each day, week, or month) a new random quest will be given to the player. Players will likely all have different quests than each other, or at least many will.

Unsure about this part, but perhaps the higher your quest level would allow you to have more quests. For example, quest level 20 allows you to have 2 daily quests rather than 1, something like that.

Quest Levels:

As could be imagined, the quest level would be something you can only increase by actually doing quests. When you complete a quest, you will get a certain amount of exp and quest tokens (explained below) relative to the difficulty and tier of the quest. Quest levels would be displayed on the leaderboards, and also be a requirement to equip items.

Quest Tokens and Shop:

So yes, as could be inferred, quest tokens would be a new currency which could only be obtainable through completing quests. This currency is NOT tradable, and can be used only in the Quest Shop.

The Quest Shop would be similar to the payvault, but can offer things that may be considered P2W if in the payvault, in a non-p2w way, since quest tokens and items from the quest shop are NOT tradable.

Some items for the token shop I think may be a good addition;
- Boosters - 10 minute 1.5x exp and/or money boosters for the player who activates it. They do not stack, and are expensive enough to where you can’t just buy infinite amounts of them.
- Stat points - Pretty self explanatory, since the quest tokens are somewhat limited because the quests are time based, I feel like this could be balanced and still allow further customization of stats without slaving levels, along with not being p2w.
- Exclusive cosmetics - Could offer some dances, emotes, pet equipment, things like that.
- Pets - Explained below.
- Pet cosmetics and customizations - Explained below

Pets:

There have been many suggestions for pets, but I feel like most of them (including my previous one) were basing them too much on trying to “change” HH pets, and pets could have much more of a purpose.

First I’ll just say this suggestion for pets is somewhat similar to HH pets still, but only in the basic functionality sense. Pets would follow you around just like HH pets, they would have levels, and they would be able to have their own equipment. Pets however would not have any stats, and will be purely passive, meaning they will not attack, or die, or anything like that.

Each player is allowed to have one pet, and pets are NOT tradable. They can be purchased from the quest token shop, along with all of their cosmetics and customizations. Much like when creating a character, when you purchase a pet you will have the ability to customize it to how you want it to look (the color, size, style, small features, etc). You will also have the ability to choose 3 perks for your pet. Once you purchase a pet, you are stuck with it, though you are able to change it through the quest token shop.

Pet levels:

Pet levels as shown above would be used as a requirement to equip items. This would be the only function for pet levels, aside from being able to brag about having a high level pet and showing it on the leaderboards and Hall of Fame.

Pets would gain exp from two ways, getting some exp from each kill as you grind mobs (similar to HH), and getting exp when completing quests. Completing a quest would give MUCH more exp to your pet than normal grinding, as they are more rare, and adding another incentive to complete quests.

Pet Perks:

As mentioned, when you purchase and create your pet, you have the option to choose 3 different perks you’d like your pet to have. These 3 perks will always be active, as long as the pet is active (if the pet is withdrawn no perks will be active and it will not gain any exp). You will have the option to reset these perks using the quest token shop, by purchasing a “reset one pet perk”.

Some example pet perks I thought of;
- Increased item drop rate (very small amount, something that is helpful but not broken obviously)
- Small speed buff while riding a pet to make travel faster (would be active when riding pet only)
- Chance to duplicate a rune / stone upon applying it (very small chance you will apply the rune / stone to your item while also keeping the rune / stone)
- Slightly reduced cost to apply runes / stones to items
- Small chance to receive 2x xp from a kill
- Chance to earn 2x quest exp from completing a quest
- Chance to earn 2x quest tokens from completing a quest
- Small jump height increase when riding a pet (only active while riding)
- 5% extra crit chance
- 10% defense increase
- 10% damage increase
- Increased dodge chance

Pet Cosmetics and Customizations:

Similar to the “cosmetic chooser” In the payvault, there will be one for pets in the quest token shop (or could be in payvault too). This would allow you to reselect the cosmetics for your pet that you chose when you purchased it. The quest token shop will also contain some exclusive pet equipment, which is purely cosmetic. Pet equipment could be found everywhere throughout the game, in normal shops, in the payvault, and in the quest token shop. It could also be given as a prize from events, and exclusive equipment released periodically for holidays or updates. Again, pet equipment is purely cosmetic.
Last edited by CrazyVanilla on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GonDup

Re: Quests, Pets, and more (updated)

Post by GonDup » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:04 am

Big support to literally everything.

coolboynum1

Post by coolboynum1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:07 am

bigg support to all those too.
I shall make you subscribe to Troopas and Cinos O R

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:10 am

Support! The game is currently dry af and the population graph is beginning to make that obvious. Although, I'm still unsure about pet levels being required to equip certain sets and/or weapons. I still agree with the quest requirement though.
Goddess of the hunt

mikel

Post by mikel » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:06 am

Artemis wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:10 am
Support! The game is currently dry af and the population graph is beginning to make that obvious. Although, I'm still unsure about pet levels being required to equip certain sets and/or weapons. I still agree with the quest requirement though.
frint fried...
moginns combat,, 11 (ELEVEN!!?)..

(epic orchestral sounds)

agsd swonger...

i_love_you

Post by i_love_you » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:30 pm

Big big support :roll:

masnam

Post by masnam » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 pm

YES YES YES YES YES PLEASE! THE BIGGEST OF BIG SUPPORTS!!! ALL OF THESE IDEAS ARE PERFECT AND WOULD MAKE THE GAME SO MORE FUN AND LESS MONOTONOUS!!

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Bump, would like to get more feedback

gtx1650

Post by gtx1650 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:10 pm

support and bump
SyTriger if you view this youre super gay :vv: karma op

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:44 pm