Garbage Quest Progress Design

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Jakub34

Garbage Quest Progress Design

Post by Jakub34 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:31 am

Not sure why it is even like this, but it makes no sense to lock progress behind you needing other players to progress into other areas. Getting into the factory area, and the recently added areas should not require the player to do a quest in area that requires other people.

cinos

Re: Garbage Quest Progress Design

Post by cinos » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 pm

You are just the PINNACLE of poop ideas, huh?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:56 pm

cinos wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 pm
Hmm, yes, poop. My bad, I suppose we should lock players behind certain areas if they cannot find other players to talk to a simple NPC. Like how could I have not possibly thought about that. Making people want to quit the game because of garbage quest design to actually progress in the game? It is such a genius idea!

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:25 am

Jakub34 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:56 pm
cinos wrote:
Hmm, yes, poop. My bad, I suppose we should lock players behind certain areas if they cannot find other players to talk to a simple NPC. Like how could I have not possibly thought about that. Making people want to quit the game because of garbage quest design to actually progress in the game? It is such a genius idea!
Wow, so players need to finish the story missions?!?!??!? dang THAT'S SO DIFFICULT, ALL I WANNA DO IS GRIND ALL DAY!

go back to HH if that's what ya wanna do, cause you got it.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:53 am

cinos wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:25 am
Jakub34 wrote:
cinos wrote:
Wow, so players need to finish the story missions?!?!??!? dang THAT'S SO DIFFICULT, ALL I WANNA DO IS GRIND ALL DAY!

Well, if you could learn to read, you would know it has nothing to do with finishing the quest. It has to do with the fact that you need to grab other people to do the quest.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:59 am

Jakub34 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:53 am
cinos wrote:
Jakub34 wrote:

Well, if you could learn to read, you would know it has nothing to do with finishing the quest. It has to do with the fact that you need to grab other people to do the quest.
OH you mean the boss on the swamp huh? Well sorry to break it to ya but what you actually do there, last time I checked, is click on a computer. That's what triggers the "Xantis allows me" text that allows you to reach alion, not the boss.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

GonDup

Post by GonDup » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 am

cinos wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:59 am
Jakub34 wrote:
cinos wrote:

OH you mean the boss on the swamp huh? Well sorry to break it to ya but what you actually do there, last time I checked, is click on a computer. That's what triggers the "Xantis allows me" text that allows you to reach alion, not the boss.
You need multiple people to reach area 64, which you need to progress to area 68 and above.

I believe you also need people to open up the bridge in area 59, to progress to area 60.

Not that I agree with jakub, but he certainly has a point.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:26 am

GonDup wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 am
cinos wrote:
Jakub34 wrote:

You need multiple people to reach area 64, which you need to progress to area 68 and above.

I believe you also need people to open up the bridge in area 59, to progress to area 60.

Not that I agree with jakub, but he certainly has a point.
I mean I guess but MMOs do usually have an actual level of player interraction, if you told this to a maplestory player for example they'd be like "okay so what's the problem". I think it's mostly the HH community who's used to the actual community being incompetent and/or only willing to talk to you in the most basic way for a trade...something that mostly applies nowadays moreso than the past.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:06 pm

cinos wrote:
Something something, learn how to read the post, blah blah blah, that has literally nothing to do what I said

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:18 am

I'm with Cinos here. The whole point of the gates (and MMOs in general) is to work together with other people, NOT harp down each other's throats over who gets the AK-47 from the Fernip on the bottom part of the map. It's like he said, share this with a Maplestory player and they'll be like "Okay, so what's the problem?"