Shiny Mobs

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Shiny Mobs

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:57 am

Okay, so a bit experimental, but really shiny mobs are pretty much the only shiny I'd be okay with myself since they are completely optional. Of course it takes a page from Pokemon, but why the heck not? Easier to borrow a page from RPGs than other games.

Of course since I have a better idea on how mob loot values work, I can actually expand upon shiny mobs a bit more.

I already had the following things in mind for shiny mobs:

6 in 8192 chance of appearing (8 in 8192 for rarer mobs like Ground Spitters, Agents, and Claystones; 2 in 8192 for multi-spawn mobs like Tesla Crawlers). Bosses (ex. Ooze Horror) and artificially-spawned mobs like Leafling-button Leaflings are shiny-locked.
Shiny mobs provide 3x EXP/Gold as normal mobs (really, this is only a 0.146% increase in EXP/Gold in the long run)
Guaranteed loot drop; 50/50 chance of either an item more valuable than the rest of a monster's drops based on their average loot value or a rune.

For loot drops, well, an Auroch Beetle, which has a loot value of $244, would probably drop either a Fiberglass Helmet or a Striker Bow if it were a shiny. A Claystone, on the other hand, would likely drop a Paladin Shield if it were a shiny. I was trying for an equivalent of a 30% long-run loot value increase with shinies if my math is right, with exceptions like the Tesla Crawler obviously.

Still could use a bit of work, but it was the least I can try to do to attract people to shiny mobs, even if they are uber-rare palette swaps.

GeraltOfRivia

Re: Shiny Mobs

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Sounds good but wouldn't implement this until we will finally have serious working loot delay(at least 15-20 sec), archer OP skill loot thief will be moved to general, server sync would be finaly resoled to avoid coins and loot teleport(by that i mean long distance from player, not few steps away from you since that is just impossible to achieve with PING), we will finally be able to see hiden parts of area(making things transparent if you hide behind them) and at the end Robby will seriously start banning those freaking botters(not for a week or so but at least for a year and after second acc on same IP will be caught botting-then instant IP ban). After implementing most of it, idea would be much more fair to everyone.