Fire Rune Buff

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Fire Rune Buff

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:29 am

So, after thinking about it, I've came to the conclusion that the Fire Rune needs a buff. As it currently stands, the Fire Rune isn't exactly the best compared to the other runes. Here's what we got.:

Poison Rune: A flat 4 defense-bypassing damage per level; damage affected by hits per minute; single target
Electric Rune: 15% damage per level; damage affected by hits per minute; does chain damage for crowd control
Fire Rune: 10% damage per level; damage not affected by hits per minute; flat rate of 1 hit per second; single target

Of the elemental runes, the Electric Rune is currently the best rune in the game. Poison is kinda eh; it can work wonders against low-HP mobs, but beyond that, I don't think they're much more than a flex, especially since their fixed damage values won't work too well on high-HP mobs like the Auroch Beetle (I am saying this under the expectation of higher-HP mobs, mind you). Fire Runes aren't really up there with electric runes damage-wise.

If I did my math correctly, for fire runes to match the effectiveness of electric runes, they would need to provide 30% damage per second (equivalent to 15% damage every half-second; warriors can optimally land one hit every half second with just one weapon and their base attack) for each level of fire granted. Thing is there's a good possibility that Robby might see that as overpowered, so I'll have to come up with a buff that's more reasonable to him...

How about... 20% damage per level? Sure, that wouldn't really change people's perspectives on the rune itself, but it's the least I can do to increase the effectiveness of fire runes. Yep.

So yeah, there's that.

MrHybridYT

Re: Fire Rune Buff

Post by MrHybridYT » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:17 pm

Yes. Support
No Videos Yet. I Know!

masnam

Post by masnam » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:10 pm

I agree with a poison rune buff because it becomes pretty much useless to every class other than cowboy after mobs get more than 50 hp. But, I do not agree with a fire rune buff. The way I see it the later the rune is introduced the more powerful it is. That's why electric is more powerful than fire and fire is more powerful than sharpening. The only one that doesn't work in that is the poison rune because of the way it's setup. This also checks out with complexity. Sharpening is the most basic rune because it simply increases weapon power. Next is the poison rune which adds outside damage to every hit. After that is fire which introduces percentages and damage per second. Finally, the electric rune does a percentage per hit and also introduces doing damage to multiple enemies. Most enemies have a burn time of anywhere from about 5-10 seconds which is 50-100% extra damage with a simple stage 1. 150-300% with the new stage 3. not to mention the power with stage 5. I think I'm gonna go make a poison buff thread now.

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:02 pm

Support. Runes still need some kind of buff even after the previous balance changes.
Goddess of the hunt

FireCaster

Post by FireCaster » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:32 pm

Full Support Runes Need to Buff Great Idea

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:59 pm

This buff is gonna be 'fire' 8-)