Warrior balanced?

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Zuji
Re: Warrior balanced?

Post by Zuji » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm

viitrix wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:58 pm
Zuji wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:46 pm
ok explain why a level 40 archer can 2 shot a beetle and get more loot and coins than a level 70 warrior who can also 2 shot
so balanced
I think most level 70 warriors 1 shot beetles. Yea, it is quite op that archers in level 40 2-shot beetles (using 20 mp). But i can also 2 shot beetles with my level 22 warior alt. I dont think there is any level 22 archers that can do that, so the point kinda falls there. Archers also have to buy arrows, mages and warriors dont need ammo, so they should naturally get more money per kill than mages and warriors.
Ok but warriors are supposed to do more damage because archers have range and can shoot faster than warriors so its not really unfair. And archers buying arrows is not really relavent due to the loot and coin abilities. I can one shot beetles with a level 60 warrior but it takes rage and power smash ability which is just as much as archers spent most likely
From, Zuji
Eliatopia: Zuji
Discord: Zuji#7832
Gmail: Private
PM me on discord or on Eliatopia for any questions!

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:11 pm

Zuji wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm
Ok but warriors are supposed to do more damage
Yeah, but not that much! Eesh! Any other game would draw the line at 1.3x more damage for warriors than other classes; heck, warriors in HH stopped at a Power Attack skill that's does 6.5x damage, which is barely more than twice what archers can do with Triple Arrow and a bit more than HH's two equivalents to Elia's arrow hoards (5x for Full Arrow Barrage, 6x for Arrow Rain, both assuming they're done point blank). Way more balanced than almost 14x or even nearly 150x!

When something lower-quality like HH is more balanced with the way it handled class strength than Elia, you know there's a problem.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:11 pm
Zuji wrote:
Yeah, but not that much! Eesh! Any other game would draw the line at 1.3x more damage for warriors than other classes; heck, warriors in HH stopped at a Power Attack skill that's does 6.5x damage, which is barely more than twice what archers can do with Triple Arrow and a bit more than HH's two equivalents to Elia's arrow hoards (5x for Full Arrow Barrage, 6x for Arrow Rain, both assuming they're done point blank). Way more balanced than almost 14x or even nearly 150x!

When something lower-quality like HH is more balanced with the way it handled class strength than Elia, you know there's a problem.
This is not HH. Or any other game. Comparing Elia to any other game is like comparing ketchup to mayonnaise.

masnam

Post by masnam » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:23 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:11 pm
Zuji wrote:

I mean hh still had rage.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 am

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:36 pm
This is not HH. Or any other game. Comparing Elia to any other game is like comparing ketchup to mayonnaise.
Will you stop making dumb excuses? No, comparing Eliatopia to any other game is like comparing ketchup to any different brand of ketchup. Wanna know why? Because making comparisons to other games is a real reviewer practice. It is also a real analyst practice. If you wanna review or analyze something and make something better, you have to draw comparisons. Don't believe me? How many times have reviewers compared *insert kart racer here* with Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing, or Diddy Kong Racing? How many time have analysts done similar? Ask anyone who has ever reviewed or analyzed a game and they will tell you the same thing I'm telling you now. If you're gonna act like that ignorant anti-reviewer/anti-analyst Tens, kindly get out of here.
masnam wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:23 pm

I mean hh still had rage.
Yes, but it still buffed people less than what Elia did; 25% for Guild Rage (I'm well aware there's an old Rage that worked like Guild Rage, but I don't recall how powerful it was; just that it was still smaller than Elia's rages.). Don't ask me how energy works; my setup is too small for any meaningful analysis of the whole energy thing and energy requires a lot of setup (which is kind of a plus going for it.

troopas

Post by troopas » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:59 am

The way I see it is that Eliatopia can't always be compared to other games like it. But it certainly is completely fair and justified to compare it to some games.

Either way just make it so warriors can deal more damage than arrow hoard via skills or smth.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:43 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 am
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Will you stop making dumb excuses? No, comparing Eliatopia to any other game is like comparing ketchup to any different brand of ketchup. Wanna know why? Because making comparisons to other games is a real reviewer practice. It is also a real analyst practice. If you wanna review or analyze something and make something better, you have to draw comparisons. Don't believe me? How many times have reviewers compared *insert kart racer here* with Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing, or Diddy Kong Racing? How many time have analysts done similar? Ask anyone who has ever reviewed or analyzed a game and they will tell you the same thing I'm telling you now. If you're gonna act like that ignorant anti-reviewer/anti-analyst Tens, kindly get out of here.
If you would simply remember what i said some time ago you would knew that every time i disagre with you is mainly because of one reason-game is still incomplete and all classes will get more skills/skill branches. Going that way in the future it can turn out other classes than warrior will get preety OP skills making them more tanky than now. That way Elia will be more unique and different no matter to what game will you compare it to.
Also bear in mind this is forum and it is meant to share how ppl see the game could develop-not ony your opinion matters. So if best you can do is call me ignorant and compare to Tens you should rethink how to talk with ppl that sometimes don't agree with you.

viitrix

Post by viitrix » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm

troopas wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:59 am
The way I see it is that Eliatopia can't always be compared to other games like it. But it certainly is completely fair and justified to compare it to some games.

Either way just make it so warriors can deal more damage than arrow hoard via skills or smth.
Yea x4 dmg with rage + the other buffs (brick man) + power smash is enough for more than twice the dmg of arrow hoard, should be enough.

viitrix

Post by viitrix » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:40 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:43 am
Flashlight237 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 am
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
If you would simply remember what i said some time ago you would knew that every time i disagre with you is mainly because of one reason-game is still incomplete and all classes will get more skills/skill branches. Going that way in the future it can turn out other classes than warrior will get preety OP skills making them more tanky than now. That way Elia will be more unique and different no matter to what game will you compare it to.
Also bear in mind this is forum and it is meant to share how ppl see the game could develop-not ony your opinion matters. So if best you can do is call me ignorant and compare to Tens you should rethink how to talk with ppl that sometimes don't agree with you.
1. More introduced skills ≠ more op classes. It only gives classes more oppertunities and playstyles. I dont agree with the premise that the classes will grow more and more op over time because of new skills. I also dont think op=uniqueness.

2. Noone is saying that you cant have an opinion. We are just trying to come to a fair and objective conclusion of identifying the problem and suggest a change. I think the arguments you have used are quite defensive and subjective, and we have the right so say that we think they are wrong.

This thread started with me, thinking that i had used a clear example to identify the problem. I am so surprised to se all these warriors coming out saying that there is no existing problem when the numbers clearly say so objectivly...

viitrix

Post by viitrix » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:46 pm

I dont want to continue this thread, but dang, is there really no conclusion we can get to?