Suggestion for excess skill points

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
viitrix
Suggestion for excess skill points

Post by viitrix » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:49 pm

High level players have a lot of excess skill points since they have a lot more than what is needed for maxing their respective roles skill tree. Even if Robby decides to make new abilites, they will still have many to spare. My suggestion is that, after maxing out all skills in your role, you get access to a special tree where there is options that you can upgrade infinitly. Suggestions of the upgrades on that tree is things like: increase dmg by x1,025*1^1,05x (x is the amount of upgrades), increase speed by 5%, increase defense by x1,025*1^1,05x.

This is perhaps not the best way to implement such an upgrade system, but let me hear some thoughts about this.

CrazyVanilla

Re: Suggestion for excess skill points

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:02 pm

He did say he plans to add a lot more skills for every class, which is why he changed it to give 2 per level instead of 1, so they may end up getting used depending how many more skills he adds, and if they have different branches as well.

On the other hand tho, I think perhaps a better solution for this could be just to have a skill that can be upgraded infinitely and have it increase the player stats by 1. So you upgrade this skill 1 time, you get +1 magic/power/archery/artillery (depending on which one you upgrade, there could be 1 for each), and you can then upgrade it infinitely and each time getting +1 (stat).

Core

Re: Suggestion for excess skill points

Post by Core » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:53 pm

Hmm.... support
Hello, whoever is reading this, I wish you a wonderful day!