Nerf Archer - Unfair advantages all around

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
squid
Nerf Archer - Unfair advantages all around

Post by squid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:26 pm

I have seen that everyone talks of how archer class is super broken and overpowered, in forums and in-game, and its time to suggest what is obvious for us all.

All the other classes has weakness, but archers are simply good in everything, it is not a mystery of how archers are the only class able to take down tree boss in two shots (unless you are 50+ level with max equipment in other class)

One weak archer, with bad equipment is already 10 times better than any other class with high quality armor in all aspects.
_

Let start removing coin and loot thief from the class, It definetively must be a all class perk, as it gives a immense advantage of archer over all other classes independently of level, it simply break game mechanics.
Change those for archer related stuff, for example:
Arrow magnet: When going close to arrows you collect those automatically at 1 arrows per 0.5 seconds.
Arrow improvisation: You have x% chance to not use arrows while doing a normal attack.

Secondly, the multishot must be nerfed, it simply does too much damage to be a range attack.
As those can also crit, the damage is the highest of the whole the game for far.
Each should do like 60% of arrow damage (or even less).

Leaf guard is used for bots and afking, you go to a farming spot like the coconut monsters and stay on the respawn button area, I everyday see archers exploiting this skill in that area.
The solution is to make the skill drain your mana like the breath of fire of wizards for every second casted, but in this case it drain in x% rather than a number.
Drain skills should definetively stop mana regeneration while the drain skill is active.

Arrow Homing is the only not broken skill from archers, and even so, it is still 10 times better than gunman coinshot as arrows do already tons of more damage by default, so doing a super shot is already like super over powered.

At last, the arrows by default does too much damage, but if the skills are nerfed, it won´t be a breaking thing.

Those changes would balance the game classes, other classes just need little tweaks, but archers need all around nerf as they are super broken.

CrazyVanilla

Re: Nerf Archer - Unfair advantages all around

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:51 pm

Support for making coin and loot thief a general skill and support for arrow horde nerf. Arrow horde is way to op

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:35 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:51 pm
Support for making coin and loot thief a general skill and support for arrow horde nerf. Arrow horde is way to op
I agree.
squid wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:26 pm
All the other classes has weakness, but archers are simply good in everything, it is not a mystery of how archers are the only class able to take down tree boss in two shots (unless you are 50+ level with max equipment in other class)

One weak archer, with bad equipment is already 10 times better than any other class with high quality armor in all aspects.
Well yes, but I can also one shot the tree boss on my warrior account WITHOUT A CRIT HIT! (6k damage to it, using maxed rage ofc)

Active--

Post by Active-- » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:57 pm

wow

GonDup

Post by GonDup » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Support.

coolboynum1

Post by coolboynum1 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:32 pm

support.because archers have a huge avantage.also robby should change loot thief and coin thief to general skills.
I shall make you subscribe to Troopas and Cinos O R

troopas

Post by troopas » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:09 pm

I'm gonna write as I read but: Loot thief really doesn't add anything to Archers. It doesn't add a lot to the class and I would know because I play the class. The same goes for coin thief. Removing it won't fix anything since we'll just upgrade the skill again if you want it to be a general skill. Making it so other classes can use it won't fix anything about Archer being OP. I don't see how this is broken The coin bonus is only 4+ coins which is barely anything even in early game so I don't see why you argue this so much.

Your next suggestion is just a bad idea. At that rate you can just pick up the arrow or even better: Pick up the coin and buy the arrows lost. Also x% chance to not use arrow will just cause riots from non archers saying it's breaking the game with that skill.

I do agree to your arrow hoard changes but 60% is just a bad idea. Why? Because there are 2 main arrow hoard skills. One of them is the base skill and the other is a skill upgrading the damage. Thats 10 skill points for on skill that will be completely useless because of the 115% damage nerf. Do you know how bad that skill would be without sharp hoard? Useless. It will just make another useless skill that nobody uses like cupid hoard.

Again this is not a good way to do this. I've never seen an archer botting with this even in leaflings and I guarantee it's isn't viable for botting. First you have to realize that the only conceivable way to afk grind effectively with it is in the cage. Next you have to have high enough defense to not take damage from them. This also only works for 8~ish or so hours with a respawn time of 8 or so seconds. This- Is not viable. Is it good just for afking? not sure. Why not just give a higher total MP output. This way MP draining isn't as confusing especially since stalkers really aren't a good method of grinding with the kind of slow respawn time. Also no this doesn't work with leaflings because they shoot at you and I don't image they'd be interested in walking up to you to shoot you.

Next you bring up arrow homing: It really isn't that op compared to other skills. It has already been nerfed twice and nerfing it again really won't do anything and it will just be useless again. but maybe a slight nerf to it like a 0.25 second cooldown could be useful. Maybe remove rune abilities from it? Making it cost more MP isn't always the solution because generally it will make a skill useless.

Also no they don't do to much damage. Nerfing every skill won't make it less viable like you claim.

viitrix

Post by viitrix » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:22 pm

Just a question. Name one thing about archers that is op besides arrow hoard.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:47 pm

viitrix wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:22 pm
Just a question. Name one thing about archers that is op besides arrow hoard.
Well you see, its arrow hoard that is the OP part about archers...
troopas wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:09 pm
I'm gonna write as I read but: Loot thief really doesn't add anything to Archers. It doesn't add a lot to the class and I would know because I play the class. The same goes for coin thief. Removing it won't fix anything since we'll just upgrade the skill again if you want it to be a general skill. Making it so other classes can use it won't fix anything about Archer being OP. I don't see how this is broken The coin bonus is only 4+ coins which is barely anything even in early game so I don't see why you argue this so much.

Your next suggestion is just a bad idea. At that rate you can just pick up the arrow or even better: Pick up the coin and buy the arrows lost. Also x% chance to not use arrow will just cause riots from non archers saying it's breaking the game with that skill.

I do agree to your arrow hoard changes but 60% is just a bad idea. Why? Because there are 2 main arrow hoard skills. One of them is the base skill and the other is a skill upgrading the damage. Thats 10 skill points for on skill that will be completely useless because of the 115% damage nerf. Do you know how bad that skill would be without sharp hoard? Useless. It will just make another useless skill that nobody uses like cupid hoard.

Again this is not a good way to do this. I've never seen an archer botting with this even in leaflings and I guarantee it's isn't viable for botting. First you have to realize that the only conceivable way to afk grind effectively with it is in the cage. Next you have to have high enough defense to not take damage from them. This also only works for 8~ish or so hours with a respawn time of 8 or so seconds. This- Is not viable. Is it good just for afking? not sure. Why not just give a higher total MP output. This way MP draining isn't as confusing especially since stalkers really aren't a good method of grinding with the kind of slow respawn time. Also no this doesn't work with leaflings because they shoot at you and I don't image they'd be interested in walking up to you to shoot you.

Next you bring up arrow homing: It really isn't that op compared to other skills. It has already been nerfed twice and nerfing it again really won't do anything and it will just be useless again. but maybe a slight nerf to it like a 0.25 second cooldown could be useful. Maybe remove rune abilities from it? Making it cost more MP isn't always the solution because generally it will make a skill useless.

Also no they don't do to much damage. Nerfing every skill won't make it less viable like you claim.
You are correct about loot and coin thief. It is not a big difference, though it is a difference. I also used to play as an archer, I currently am a mage, and I can say there is definitely a slight difference between loot drops between the two classes, specifically for runes and rare drops. I don't think the argument is really that the skills are OP, I think its more that they should be general skills so that everyone is on the same playing field, since there is no other skill that gives more money/loot for any other class, aside from gunpoint, which can be used by every class. If each class had their own skill for this type of thing, it would be a different story. At least that is my opinion.

Also, I agree the 60% damage may be a little much, I think a small charge time would fit arrow horde more. Not long enough to make it useless, but long enough to prevent just spamming it on every enemy. Helmet Heroes had it, and it worked out fine in my opinion. (not talking about arrow rain, i'm talking about the other multi-arrow skill, forgot the exact name).

Melmar

Post by Melmar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 pm

NOPE