re post: a bunch of new gunman skill ideas

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Wave115
re post: a bunch of new gunman skill ideas

Post by Wave115 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Let's be honest, gunmen reeeeally need new skills as they are struggling to keep up with other classes with only 2 skills, they therefore need some kind of buff. So like always while mindlessly grinding I came up with 2 gunman skills, what do you guys think?

DISCLAIMER: The following skills are assumed to be at max level

1. Grenade shell
Cost: 5Mp and 1 grenade
Damage: same as a single grenade

So this skill allows the gunman to use an alternate fire mode that shoots out a grenade launcher round instead of a bullet which explodes on contact and is the equivalent of a single grenade. The purpose of this skill is to allow the gunman to compete with storm cloud, arrow hoard and of course the fabled rage ability as currently gunmen shooting is the equivalent of a peashooter.

2. Critical aura
Cost: 10-15MP
Effect: Activates an aura around the gunman that gives the next 5 shots a 3x higher likelihood to crit

Every class has their own aura skill so this is the one I though of for gunman, I tried to balance it out by making it only 5 shots.

3. Fixes to:
-coinshot: Slightly Lower dmg increase, severely lower def decrease. It is nearly impossible to use this skill as you basically have to risk 1m+ money to get an actual good benefit from the skill, otherwise the dmg difference isnt worth what you are risking.

-Gunpoint: Make gunman class exclusive or universally accessible, right now I don't consider it a gunman skill as all someone has to do is equip any gun and they benefit from the perk.

That's all :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Ok so I decided to put my mind to it and I came up with a slew of new ideas! :D

1. Wrangler's roulette -
Cost: 20MP
Effect: summons a mini 1/4 chance roulette above the gunman's head with the colors red, blue, yellow and green. If you land on green you get +50% dmg buff, if you land on blue you get +40% fire rate buff, if you land yellow you get +50% crit buff (2x more likelihood so 2 x 20%) and if you get red you get a -30% damage debuff.

Just something fun and new that I thought would be cool.

2. AP shot -
Cost: 3MP
Effect: Shoots an armor piercing round that ignores 33.33% of the enemy's armor.

Something fitting of the gunman since there are after all many ammunition types i.e AP rounds HP rounds.

3. Free fire mode-
Cost: 40MP
Effects: Increases your fire rate by up to 125% however you aren't able to move while free fire is active and you take 15% more damage.

This is supposed to be a high risk high reward as you are increasing your dps while putting yourself in harm's way whether it be in pvp or pve since you're lack of movement leaves you vulnerable.

4. Trickster's roll -
Cost: 12MP
Effect: Unlocks a new roll that when activated, lays down a bear trap mid roll that can ensnare monsters for up to 10 seconds and players for up to 2 seconds. Can only have 1 trap down at a time.

This is just a skill that I though would work great for both pvp and pve as you could add a whole other layer of strategy with this to pvp and in pve it will be useful against the bigger enemies that spawn in lesser groups than the smaller enemies that spawn in big groups.

5. Demolitionist's roll - (interchangeable with trickster's roll)
Cost: 5MP and 1 grenade
Effect: Unlocks a new roll that deploys a land mine mid roll that when touched by you, a monster, or in pvp by another player, detonates and deals the damage of a single grenade. WARNING: you can kill yourself with this in both pvp and pve :lol: :lol: :lol: . Can deploy up to 2.

My original idea to what evolved into trickster's roll, just thought that it would be nice to put this out as an idea to.

6.Scattershot or Shotgun blast (whichever sounds better) -
Cost: 15MP
Effect: shoots out a volley of 10 pellets (similar to arrow horde) but each pellet deals up to 65% of your damage.

Something inspired by Helmet Heroes' cowboy scattershot.

7. ADDITIONAL FIXES:

-Grenade volley: Decrease detonation time by like 30%-40%. They currently take far to long to detonate.

-Coin Shot: Decrease coin cost to 1. I think coin shot is way to expensive for what it is.

Ok now that is all folks :)

CrazyVanilla

Re: re post: a bunch of new gunman skill ideas

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:39 pm

Lots of good skills here. I support them all except for any that raise crit chance. Expertise was nerfed/capped for a reason so I don't support anything that goes against that change. But for everything else, great ideas, hope they get added. Also, i think shotgun should be a lot more mp so it cant be spammed like arrow horde is currently. (arrow horde should be nerfed too).
Last edited by CrazyVanilla on Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jd38997

Post by jd38997 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:06 pm

I kinda like the idea of shot gunblast
idk why i have robby as my profile picture

Wave115

Post by Wave115 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:28 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:39 pm
Lots of good skills here. I support them all except for any that raise crit chance. Expertise was nerfed/capped for a reason so I don't support anything that goes against that change. But for everything else, great ideas, hope they get added. Also, i think shotgun should be a lot more mp so it cant be spammed like arrow horde is currently. (arrow horde should be nerfed too).
FYI arrow hoard deals 1050% damage (175% x 6) total while shotgun blast only deals 650% damage and would have a wider spread since it has more pellets (10 instead of 6) also it would shoot slower as shotguns are slower than assault rifles or pistols.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Wave115 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:28 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:39 pm
FYI arrow hoard deals 1050% damage (175% x 6) total while shotgun blast only deals 650% damage and would have a wider spread since it has more pellets (10 instead of 6) also it would shoot slower as shotguns are slower than assault rifles or pistols.
Yeah ik arrow horde is VERY op it needs a big nerf, perhaps a slight charge timer / cooldown on the shotgun attack may be better (just worried about spamming attacks like that, would be very op as we see from the current arrow horde)

MAGA

Post by MAGA » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:58 am

support

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:13 am

Wave115 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 pm
6.Scattershot or Shotgun blast (whichever sounds better) -
Cost: 15MP
Effect: shoots out a volley of 10 pellets (similar to arrow horde) but each pellet deals up to 65% of your damage.
Actually, no. That doesn't account for the guns' DPS. This would be a better way on handling Scattershot.:

Scattershot
MP Cost: 3 per level
Base Damage: 10%
Damage Increase per level: 2.5%
Effect: Shoots out a volley of 10 pellets

That is because shotgun spread actually weakens the shot rather than add to it.

Glashan

Post by Glashan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:56 am

Stole this idea from borderlands.

Berserker skill.
High MP, and a long cool down.
Increased shooting speed and free ammo.

MAGA

Post by MAGA » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Hoping to see some of these in the next update :D

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestion list! They sound pretty good. I have been thinking of having the roll do a few different things depending on the class, so the roll skills you mentioned could work well. I went ahead and added 2 new gunman skills, they are similar to the rolling skills you mentioned. So stay tuned for next update to see them. :)