In-real-life Money Trading Transactions

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Apples
Re: In-real-life Money Trading Transactions

Post by Apples » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:35 pm

Like bacon said, this isn't about who buys or doesnt buy from an RMT, he is implying that there will still be a Pay 2 Win aspect and an unfairness. i can't stress this enough, again, Why suffer farming when you can get the money you need for the low low price of 1 dollar? Sure you can ignore them, sure you can play on your own play style, sure you can play without buying from an RMT, and sure people dont get bothered by this, but theres still the fact that its unfair and breaks the main point of the game. I hate the fact that In Teplar village and basically wherever i go, theres always a spammer going "SELLING 200K FOR 50 GCASH" like bruh, game hasnt even reach its highest peak and people are already turning it into a source of income smh.

RMT harms the ingame economy. The RMTs are greed money grabbing bastards with no concern for the hard work and many months of game play to attain items. You can turn a blind eye, but it doesnt erase the fact that its being a competition to robby since people are making profit from his game. Alot of games forbid RMT, a quick example is Pokemon Revolution Online, having said that, it wont hurt to forbid RMT in Elia. I would rather have In App Purchases that would benefit and support robby, than buy the currency from a stranger who can be a potential scammer.
An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away.

baconsalamijr

Post by baconsalamijr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:17 pm

Spadeee wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:42 am
I'm a level 65 player and I have experience this within the elia topia community before, but it doesn't really bother me, real life money is not easy to obtain, since you have to work for it. This is a game where you'll be spending lots of time to play and level up, it doesn't matter how much money the other player has, as long as you're consistent on leveling and grinding, you'll be able to reach a high level, with or without buying elia money from players using real life money.
If RMTs aren't dealt with they'll ruin the MMORPG aspect of Eliatopia with there selling, they'll turn the game into a pay 2 win type of game, which is something I cannot accept, the RMTs also cause Robby, the creator alot of trouble. This isn't just trading anymore, it's actual business being conducted here. And most of them are scams for crying out loud. If this was in app purchases I would understand, because that money would go to Robby, it may ruin the game's MMORPG aspect but atleast the money is going to a decent person, and not some greedy stranger.
By yours truly, Bacon.

Spadeee

Post by Spadeee » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:26 pm

I see, but keep in mind, warned or not, there will always be hidden transactions.
I'm a noob.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:42 pm

I actually don't currently support this for a few reasons as long as Robby maintains the fact that he doesn't take any action towards this on any side (for example, if you get scammed thats on you type of thing).

1) Money only currently has 1 use, buying gear (and upgrading it, which is pretty useless rn anyway). Even if you bought 50mil coins using IRL money, you wouldn't really be any better off than someone else who grinded for money and has the top set. Sure, you wouldn't have to grind all of the money to buy the set, but you have to level up to ~50 (depending on class) anyway in order to use the top sets, which naturally would allow you to make enough money for at least 2 pieces of the top set by the time you get there (again depending on the class this might be slightly different, but roughly the same).

2) You can purchase emeralds using IRL money and sell them to players for coins. At the moment, there really isn't any difference between doing this or just straight up selling coins for IRL money, except for Robby not benefiting. Obviously it's more beneficial to the game for players to buy emeralds and support Robby rather than just purchase coins from other players, but to the argument of "P2W", this is my rebuttal.

3) The amount of time it would take to enforce this would likely be a net negative to the game (currently). Currently Robby pretty much handles everything, fixing bugs, developing content, handling player reports, everything. Making this a punishable offense would surely add A LOT to Robby's daily to-do list, and overall likely slow down the game development. Its not just a matter of someone saying they are selling coins for IRL money and he bans them, if this becomes a punishable offense people will do it privately, then this will lead to even more scamming, and Robby will have to investigate the likely dozens of claims per week about this in order to find a guilty party, which he may not even be able to do. Then comes the problem of reimbursing someone who was scammed...

On the other hand, Robby has mentioned he plans to add in some game moderators when the game gets larger and there are more player reports and things like that. If/when that happens, and perhaps this becomes a bigger problem, I would support this topic being brought up again for discussion, and possibly be implemented.But for now, I don't think this is a problem worth taking away from Robbys already limited time for.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:00 pm

I plan to add a emerald vendor sometime soon, perhaps I'll move it up on my list-of-things-to-do though, and get it added in a little sooner. Maybe this will sort of help circumvent that issue. I've also heard that Philippines players prefer to use a payment provider called "G-Cash". I plan to add that payment system into the game in the future as well, perhaps it will help cut down on players having to trade each other for real life cash, and they can just use the game's built in features.

Yes, I don't want to go crazy on the banning, so I'd rather come up with some other solutions if possible.

As CrazyVanilla mentioned, this is something that would be really hard for me to moderate even if I did want to ban them. Aside from that, I definitely am not helping players if they were scammed by another player during this process. So players are taking a big risk if they want to do any real life money transactions with others players.

I'm hoping me adding the emerald vendor and G-Cash payment method in in the near future will help these issues though.

mikel

Post by mikel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:29 am

Robby wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:00 pm
I plan to add a emerald vendor sometime soon, perhaps I'll move it up on my list-of-things-to-do though, and get it added in a little sooner. Maybe this will sort of help circumvent that issue. I've also heard that Philippines players prefer to use a payment provider called "G-Cash". I plan to add that payment system into the game in the future as well, perhaps it will help cut down on players having to trade each other for real life cash, and they can just use the game's built in features.

Yes, I don't want to go crazy on the banning, so I'd rather come up with some other solutions if possible.

As CrazyVanilla mentioned, this is something that would be really hard for me to moderate even if I did want to ban them. Aside from that, I definitely am not helping players if they were scammed by another player during this process. So players are taking a big risk if they want to do any real life money transactions with others players.

I'm hoping me adding the emerald vendor and G-Cash payment method in in the near future will help these issues though.
It's either g-cash or load, g-cash is like the philippine version of paypal. So not all of us have it , because only 18y/o can own a gcash account, so mind if u put in load transaction for things as well? Google play does that w hh too
frint fried...
moginns combat,, 11 (ELEVEN!!?)..

(epic orchestral sounds)

agsd swonger...