Buff & tweak improvements Gunslinger/cowboy/gunman/gunner

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
squid
Buff & tweak improvements Gunslinger/cowboy/gunman/gunner

Post by squid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:30 pm

I took my time to test every class on the game for these last weeks.
I started with gunman, it took me tons of time to level up to level 20+, I leveled up with all other classes in literally 1 hour from lvl 1 to level 20+

Cowboy is the most weak class right now, I varely see them in end game.

The lack of skill is just half of the issue, the skills it got are terrible.

_
CRITIQUE

1- Coinshot skill that require both mana and coins is simply too excesive, you just can´t use it efficiently as you spend tons of mana for a single shot and you shot like 5 bullets per second or more so you get out of mana quite fast and spending 1+10 coins per shot isn´t cool, it is actually a big nono

2. The increase of attack vs the decrease of defence is quite the best and the worst skill gunners got as it increases their damage without a limit, but you simply can´t rely on it as it will simply make you die 1 shot always if you ever try to use it on it´s actual potential damage, therefore it is worthless.

3. The greande is a plain and flat NO, accuracy is 0% and you will be spending tons of mana and 3-9 coins per throw for doing actually and consistently 0 damage to enemies as all granades fail (you can´t aim it at all plus monsters move equal zero hit chance).

4. The point gun against vendors shops is quite nonsense as every class can use it whenever they want, just equip a cheap gun at any town while you want to sell something on it, no need to be a gunner to use that skill as all classes can upgrade that selling upgrade skill, therefore I don´t even count it a plus for gunners as it is equally usable for all classes.

5. crit chance was quite the only way gunman were worthful, now that their crit is locked to 40%, the class becomes so weak it does not even worth (the class basically rely on it´s quick constant shots that deal few damage each, with crit it made some decent damage, now it does poo poo damage consistently)

Therefore the class is fully non-functional, completely nerfed and weak. It needs huge tweaks to be as powerful as other classes.

_
SUGGESTIONS

1.1: The weapon for cowboy could be separated in two categories:
automatic: it shots while holding left cursor button.
manual: it shots once after each click with some cooldown per shot. (so you don´t spam clicks to spam bullets of course, it is a quite slow type of weapon but powerful shots)
(rifle for example could be a manual weapon, while guns would be automatic weapon),

1.2: Coin shot should only spend one type of resource (coins?), and potentially allow the user to add a second subskill on the tree that adds an additional type of resource to make it even more powerful (mana). It could use coin&mana per second for automatic weapons and use coin&mana per shot for manual weapons.

2.1 the damage vs defence skill could be instead damage vs chance of enemy to crit in a relation of 2:1, and have a cap of 100% more damage vs 50% critical chance from monsters at a x amount of money (this x amount of money should scalate with player level and should be quite high.

3. the grenade could be replaced to something more interesting, like spider eggs, that when thrown, spiders appear and attacks near enemies for x seconds for x% of damage of a bullet

4.1 The point gun against vendors at shop should be exclusive to gunman class, locked for all other classes (or make it a general skill and replace with a more useful in-combat skill for gunman as replacement)

5.1 crit chance should be higher for gunman, as they highly rely on it, for example 60% or instead of it, the gunman could obtain permanent buff for crit chance as it level up. (the gunman can put the 1+39 points manually and they would get additional points as it level up) (below I show another way to handle this).

_

Additional skills could be:

Aura of crit chance and dodge chance, when active gunners get x% more chance of crit + x% chance of dodge, a subskill for this on the tree would be to increase crit damage while active. (the aura costs x amount of mana, increase this amount as the skill is leveled up, just as other auras from other classes).

Bullet saver: You have x% chance to not use bullets when shooting.

Grenade replaced with egg launcher, gunman throw an egg that hatch a monster/robot/animal (could be mechanical spiders, or any other animal/monster/robot), appear and attacks near enemies for x seconds for x% of damage of a bullet.

There could be a shop specialized on gunman grenades and bullets, offering different type of grenades/eggs and bullets in addition to the current ones.
Last edited by squid on Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyVanilla

Re: Buff & tweak improvements Gunslinger/cowboy/gunman/gunner

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:40 pm

I agree cowboy is bad right now, but I do not support really buffing it, just adding more skills. The reason cowboy is bad right now is because every class farms using their skills, while cowboy does not, because they really don't have any. If they had skills that were useful for grinding like other classes do, they would be much better. I also believe warrior and archer need some nerfs because they are extremely OP with the new regen and their skills.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:06 pm

also, grenade aiming SUCKS

Wave115

Post by Wave115 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:03 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with this, as a gunman main myself (Wave115) I have a full wrangler set and upgraded skull gun and cannot keep up with archers or warriors who are 10-20 levels lower than me, so I have been forced to switch to warrior and once I equipped the skull crusher sword, I literally 1 shot auroch beetles that took me like 20 shots to kill with gunman. I think the problem lies with how gunmen were left in the dust with the expertise nerf as that high dps is all we had going for us, now you deal barely any damage to the high def enemies like the auroch beetles while the other classes excel with their skills (e.i arrow hoard, rage, storm cloud) I feel that coin shot needs to be tweaked as it is basically suicide (and youll loose all your money) and multi-nade is also useless due to the poor accuracy and long detonation time which doesn't detonate before an archer or warrior have 1 shot the enemy.

Wave115

Post by Wave115 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:40 pm

HUGE BUMP

MAGA

Post by MAGA » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:41 pm

yea gunman is trash. I'm a level 52 gunman with best gear and I cant out-farm any other class. They could be level 30 with low end gear and they will out-farm me easily. Expertise is all we had going for us and now that's gone, gunman is useless. Just like everyone else said, coinshot is way too expensive to use and grenades are hard to aim and take too long to detonate.