Coin and Loot Thief

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Artemis

Coin and Loot Thief

Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:32 am

So I've made a post about this in the past(and so have many others) asking to change coin and loot thief to general skills due to it being pretty unfair. But, I was told by boss master Robby to make a post on this for what I assume to see the support or rejection on the topic.

So pls make a if you strongly feel that these skills should be added to general or if you disagree with this.
Goddess of the hunt

Flashlight237

Re: Coin and Loot Thief

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:41 am

I personally disagree with this or at least on Coin Thief because not only do I think those skills would help Archers remain relevant (especially if Robby nerfs Arrow Hoard the way I wrote it all out, as shown here: https://eliatopia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3366 ), but coin thief gets more useless the higher the mob's EXP value is. I mean Coin Thief is perhaps the best archer skill when you're facing off against Squishers, Fanged Squishers, or Petunias (maybe Shagdaws if you really are into that stuff), but when you get high-EXP monsters Auroch Beetles and the possibly-upcoming Mandrake, what's the point in having it around?

I'm not entirely opposed to the move, but I firmly think if it does get made, I think archers should be supplemented with their own versions of it as well to keep that quality. Probably something like this.:

Loot Thief (General)
Skill Levels: 5
Base Drop Rate Increase: 8%
Drop Rate Increase Boost per Skill Level: 8%

Robin Hood (Archer)
Skill Levels: 4
Base Drop Rate Increase: 5%
Drop Rate Increase Boost per Skill Level: 5%

That should put Archers at 1.6x drop rate (or 1.68x depending on how this new thing works out) and 1.4x drop rate for general loot thief.

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:55 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:41 am
I personally disagree with this or at least on Coin Thief because not only do I think those skills would help Archers remain relevant (especially if Robby nerfs Arrow Hoard the way I wrote it all out, as shown here: https://eliatopia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3366 ), but coin thief gets more useless the higher the mob's EXP value is. I mean Coin Thief is perhaps the best archer skill when you're facing off against Squishers, Fanged Squishers, or Petunias (maybe Shagdaws if you really are into that stuff), but when you get high-EXP monsters Auroch Beetles and the possibly-upcoming Mandrake, what's the point in having it around?

I'm not entirely opposed to the move, but I firmly think if it does get made, I think archers should be supplemented with their own versions of it as well to keep that quality. Probably something like this.:

Loot Thief (General)

Robin Hood (Archer)

That should put Archers at 1.6x drop rate (or 1.68x depending on how this new thing works out) and 1.4x drop rate for general loot thief.
I mean coin thief isn't great at higher levels anymore,(unless we get a small percentage instead) so don't really mind what happens there all that much.

Almost doubling the current drop rate for archer with your idea though, not too sure I would agree with that. I do think that archers may become irrelevant with this change. But if we were to hypothetically add your idea of limiting expertise, we could make archer more of a critical damaging class. Don't think we would need a 100% chance of course, but a decent percent to keep them relevant.

If it's possible, could also just give them a new skill that specifically increase the drop rate of runes and stones for archers.

Just a few ideas though.

Goddess of the hunt

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:09 am

Artemis wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:55 am
Almost doubling the current drop rate for archer with your idea though, not too sure I would agree with that.
Mathematically speaking, I was going for 1.2x max drop rate for archers should Loot Thief change into a general skill. Maybe its a little much, but at the very least it would somewhat close the gap.
Artemis wrote:
I do think that archers may become irrelevant with this change. But if we were to hypothetically add your idea of limiting expertise, we could make archer more of a critical damaging class. Don't think we would need a 100% chance of course, but a decent percent to keep them relevant.
Really, that would also be a good reason to limit Expertise: it'll help allow room for crit-chance boosting and crit-damage boosting items, skills, etc without them being rendered useless or OP (as there would be no in-between with how Expertise currently is).
Artemis wrote:
If it's possible, could also just give them a new skill that specifically increase the drop rate of runes and stones for archers.

Just a few ideas though.
If it were possible to split runes from other items in that regard, one idea I had for that was to give mages an increased drop rate for runes (because it fits since runes are associated with magic) while archers would get an increased drop rate for monetary loot (like Tribal Spears and such).

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:19 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:09 am
Artemis wrote:
Almost doubling the current drop rate for archer with your idea though, not too sure I would agree with that.
Mathematically speaking, I was going for 1.2x max drop rate for archers should Loot Thief change into a general skill. Maybe its a little much, but at the very least it would somewhat close the gap.

I guess it would be worth testing out and see how it goes.

Other than that, everything sounds great to me. Pls start the change master Robby c:
Goddess of the hunt

ughngelo

Post by ughngelo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 am

Support :shock:

Spadeee

Post by Spadeee » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Support!
I'm a noob.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:00 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
but coin thief gets more useless the higher the mob's EXP value is. I mean Coin Thief is perhaps the best archer skill when you're facing off against Squishers, Fanged Squishers, or Petunias (maybe Shagdaws if you really are into that stuff), but when you get high-EXP monsters Auroch Beetles and the possibly-upcoming Mandrake, what's the point in having it around?

Oh yes, petition to have coin thief become a % increase in coins instead :P :P :P (although this does hurt it in the early game ..... whatevs)
KONO DIA DA!

coolboynum1

Post by coolboynum1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:12 pm

support
I shall make you subscribe to Troopas and Cinos O R

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:31 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:

Loot Thief (General)

Robin Hood (Archer)

Strongly support this change.