Another way to improve PVP?

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
Another way to improve PVP?

Post by cinos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:49 am

Previously I mentioned the addition of a dodge roll, a feature that actually got some acknowledgement from Robby, which is great...but I was thinking about how we can improve PVP without specifically creating some kinda new server (which would go against the whole "player interaction" aspect) or even any arenas...what if we had duel requests?
The name is self explanatory, in the same vein as trade requests, you'd just click on it, a popup would show up (radically different in appearance and sound from a trade request btw), and if you accepted it you'd be able to damage and be damaged from your opponent. In the typical MMO, combat can be started on the overworld by lower leveled players, and while that system is a lot more flawed in that regard, a duel request could prove convenient for when PVP eventually becomes better.
Think about it, ya wanna PVP? Do you wanna travel all the way back at the start, or do you wanna just duke it out then and there? Of course you may say the solution to that is more arenas, and it might be, but more arenas would require more development time, isn't that so?
Just an idea I thought up with, there might be technical problems as to how duels end (it SHOULD end whenever one dies but I dunno if it'll bug out or not). There ya go, another PVP suggestion.
Last edited by cinos on Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Spadeee

Re: Another way to improve PVP?

Post by Spadeee » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:27 pm

Support! But I think a losing animation and winning animation should be added, and you don't die in duels, and having bets'll be kind of cool.
I'm a noob.

cinos

Re: Another way to improve PVP?

Post by cinos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:37 pm

Spadeee wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:27 pm
Support! But I think a losing animation and winning animation should be added, and you don't die in duels, and having bets'll be kind of cool.
Hmm...naw I think dying in duels should still be a thing, the rest? Yeah sure whatevs.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111