How to make PVP actually fun

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
How to make PVP actually fun

Post by cinos » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 am

Eliatopia's PVP has been, for lack of a better word, completely abandoned by the playerbase ever since it was added. This is due to several factors, such as there only being one area at the very start of the game, but I think that the main reason is because Elia's combat is simply not designed for PVP combat. Compared to it's predecessor, where PVP was actually one of it's highlights if not due to the absolute shitfest that was it's ping, Eliatopia's combat is slow and lacks any real diversion from spamming C and the comma key. This is competing with a combat system that actually allows you to dodge attacks with swift movements, a large array of moves for every class (some of which further enchance mobility, see: dash + M for warriors), and basically it makes the combat last for longer than two seconds, even without healing items.
Essentially, Eliatopia lacks use of mobility, the thing that seperates a button masher from a high action combat system that made PVP feel like poop you see in hack n slash games. It made your little helmet dude back in the 2010s feel like a god against gods, for lack of a better description. So how do we bring this back? Simple, some kind of quick way of moving around, a roll or a dash, per say. If we cannot increase our moveset, we can surely increase our mobility, and have dodging swings, bullets and gunfire very possible with the right timing. Would it really hinder grinding? What? As if people are actually challenged by that? If so just make it exclusive to arenas. This would honestly encourage more player interraction, not only would they fight together, but also spar with their buddies or some asshat trynna flex their 120 expertise to you.
tl;dr increasing mobility will instantly provide a more fun PVP experience...also add more arenas, going back to the beginner areas blows.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

masnam

Re: How to make PVP actually fun

Post by masnam » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:27 pm

10000000000% support. I suggest a better and faster attack animation for warriors and mages too. A little bit of stun for warrior would be nice. Stuns and a faster/better attack animation would open the door to having to actually use skill instead of spamming. For example, things like combos could be introduced for warriors. A dodge roll was also suggested by flash multiple times in the past so hopefully that helps this suggestion.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm

You're playing a grinding game ..... not sure where the meaning of "fun" is, unless of course rewards are added into the equation (and no, not leaderboard status, unless they somehow add a leaderboard bonus per week for your ranking ..... actually that's not a bad idea.)
Of course this is coming from someone who only PvP'd during drop parties in GVG, ahh miss those bloody times :lol: .
KONO DIA DA!

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:21 pm

Savage0 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm
You're playing a grinding game ..... not sure where the meaning of "fun" is, unless of course rewards are added into the equation (and no, not leaderboard status, unless they somehow add a leaderboard bonus per week for your ranking ..... actually that's not a bad idea.)
Of course this is coming from someone who only PvP'd during drop parties in GVG, ahh miss those bloody times :lol: .
I mean, fair point, the grinding isn't the fun part, that's why making the PVP better with actually offer more fun instead of more busywork in the form of a game where you just repeat the same thing for a paycheck and perhaps a promotion, aka loot and experience.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:43 pm

I personally repeatedly vouch for a dodge roll not because of PVP (I'm pretty sure that's only empty because of low player count), but because I wanted to make monsters more challenging without them becoming impossible. Definitely would like it now since Auroch Beetles are significantly faster than players.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:52 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:43 pm
I personally repeatedly vouch for a dodge roll not because of PVP (I'm pretty sure that's only empty because of low player count), but because I wanted to make monsters more challenging without them becoming impossible. Definitely would like it now since Auroch Beetles are significantly faster than players.
Oh yeah that makes sense, so basically it'll just make everything more interesting. There ya go, even more of a reason to have super cool link rolling in the game.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 am

bu-bump
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111