Increased coin drops - guild upgrade

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Increased coin drops - guild upgrade

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:00 pm

So just about everyone knows money is kind of an issue right now, sets have outpaced both the strength and revenue generation from the current mobs. Since right now guilds are nearly useless, and money needs to be slightly more common, I think having a guild upgrade to increase coin drops from mobs is a good idea. Now most people reading to this point probably are thinking of HH, a single upgrade that would just cost over 1,000 emeralds and essentially only be obtained by the richest players or p2w players, but that is not what i'm suggesting at all.

I think guild upgrades in general would be a great addition to the game, and using a "tree" system, similar to player skills would be a good way to do that. Keep in mind the numbers in terms of requirements and costs in this post are just for a rough example sake, this should be properly balanced to the game accordingly if implemented, thats just not my "cup of tea" (You must purchase each upgrade in order to upgrade to the next, just like when applying runes)

Level 1: 1.25x coin drops
Requirements - 500 Guild levels, 150,000 total enemy kills as a guild (new leaderboard stat to track)
Cost - 100 emeralds and 3,000,000 coins

Level 2: 1.5x coin drops
Requirements - 750 guild levels, 300,000 total enemy kills as a guild
Cost - 150 emeralds and 8,000,000

Level 3: 1.75x coin drops
Requirements - 1,200 guild levels, 750,000 total enemy kills as a guild
Cost - 200 emeralds and 15,000,000

Level 4: 2x coin drops (max level)
Requirements - 2,500 guild levels, 2,000,000 total enemy kills as a guild
Cost - 300 emeralds and 25,000,000

I think having the "requirements" part will make the upgrades more of a "full participation" type of thing rather than just 1 player buying them. Also remember the cost and requirement numbers I put are just for example, they aren't actually thought out in any way, though I think it should get exponentially harder to upgrade each level.

To reference what I said at the beginning about the lack of money being a problem, just simply looking at the economy data charts tells you everything you need to know. The most recent sets came out on December 11, 2020, and the total number of coins in ATMs went from ~412,000,000 to ~296,000,000 in the following 12 days due to that update, roughly a 28% decrease. Since then, nearing on 2 months later, coins in ATMs have only recovered to ~389,000,000 (as of Feb 15), still ~23,000,000 below the pre-update level, and new sets are about to come out again!

Gear should generally be an "investment", meaning you spend money and invest into a new set, receiving the additional stat bonuses and enabling you to grind more efficiently returning you with more money for your grind. Gear and leveling are the only ways to increase your stats, and you should be rewarded for doing so. Players should be able to recover what they spent on the previous set in a timely manner and begin growing their ATMs higher in order to prepare for future sets and receive a "return on their investment". In the current case, players have not even recovered the amount they spent on the previous new gear yet and new-new gear is already coming out. Not to mention the old gear is nearly useless once the new gear comes out, it's difficult to get a good resale value on it, even with runes added.

Artemis

Re: Increased coin drops - guild upgrade

Post by Artemis » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:18 pm

Sounds good to me, support
Goddess of the hunt

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:24 pm

I'm pretty sure Level 1 should be the base (no bonuses) and the levels you've listed here should instead be Levels 2 through 5.

Personally, I think the emerald pricing should be avoided. That just sounds like P2W bait.
Not to mention the old gear is nearly useless once the new gear comes out
I can assure you that's not the case since I'm still capable of killing everything while wearing full Lunatic gear, plus I don't think Jakub's moving on from Paladin anytime soon either.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:52 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:24 pm
I'm pretty sure Level 1 should be the base (no bonuses) and the levels you've listed here should instead be Levels 2 through 5.

Personally, I think the emerald pricing should be avoided. That just sounds like P2W bait.
Not to mention the old gear is nearly useless once the new gear comes out
I can assure you that's not the case since I'm still capable of killing everything while wearing full Lunatic gear, plus I don't think Jakub's moving on from Paladin anytime soon either.
1) That is a good point, makes a lot of sense.
2) I am going to disagree with you here, I think emeralds need more uses. As long as the amount of emeralds required are an amount that is fairly accessible through ingame purchasing from other players, I don't see it as a problem.
3) Yes i agree, I should have said "worthless" rather than "useless". I meant in terms of resale value, almost no one wants to buy the old sets and if they do you are lucky to get a fraction of what you paid for them.

GonDup

Post by GonDup » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:07 pm

Artemis wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:18 pm
Sounds good to me, support

SasukeArcher

Post by SasukeArcher » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:29 am

More looters will be present now ._.

That's why we need loot timer xD

SUB TO TRAPFISH GAMING

mike

Post by mike » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:18 am

Suggested similar
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

masnam

Post by masnam » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:07 am

Support

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:39 am

From what i know (in here and HH) if you have full guild-25 ppl i don't think it will be easy to encourage even 15 to take a part in buying it for emes and coins. With the first 2 lvls seem not that hard but currently rest of them is just impossible to aquire(not the lvls and kills i mean money and emes).My point is that in practice half of the guild or even less will pay for everything while rest of guildmates would just use those perks for free(just like in HH), or if you would like to join to cool guild you would have to pay way to much, and not be sure you won't be kicked out in a soon future from it.
Making it a guild thing ain't the best way as for me, so for guilds should be other things added not forcing some of members pay for others.
Additional coins should be accesible only by each player by completing similar as yours requirement f.e. hitting certain lvl gives you possibility to buy money x1.05 for some coins and really small amount of emes, making it all up to x2 within around 5-10 lvls (lvl0-cash x 1.0, lvl2 cash x1.05 etc up to those x 2.0). That way no-one can't force/blaim or bribe anyone for anything.

ughngelo

Post by ughngelo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:25 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:39 am
From what i know (in here and HH) if you have full guild-25 ppl i don't think it will be easy to encourage even 15 to take a part in buying it for emes and coins. With the first 2 lvls seem not that hard but currently rest of them is just impossible to aquire(not the lvls and kills i mean money and emes).My point is that in practice half of the guild or even less will pay for everything while rest of guildmates would just use those perks for free(just like in HH), or if you would like to join to cool guild you would have to pay way to much, and not be sure you won't be kicked out in a soon future from it.
Making it a guild thing ain't the best way as for me, so for guilds should be other things added not forcing some of members pay for others.
Additional coins should be accesible only by each player by completing similar as yours requirement f.e. hitting certain lvl gives you possibility to buy money x1.05 for some coins and really small amount of emes, making it all up to x2 within around 5-10 lvls (lvl0-cash x 1.0, lvl2 cash x1.05 etc up to those x 2.0). That way no-one can't force/blaim or bribe anyone for anything.
I'll support geralt's idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯