Confirm password when registering.

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Jakub34
Confirm password when registering.

Post by Jakub34 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:22 pm

Probably something you add so players know that they typed the password they wanted correctly.

Also, probably have an option to let players skip cutscenes.

Artemis

Re: Confirm password when registering.

Post by Artemis » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Simple yet needed. Support
Goddess of the hunt

Anchorarius

Post by Anchorarius » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:25 pm

Ya, a pretty straightforward and simple suggestion to implement. I've actually typed my password wrong for one of my accounts, played for a few hours, and when attempting to re-log back on, I couldn't get the password right. Took me a moment to realise I must've typed it wrong.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:46 pm

I do see the reason for this, certainly. However, there is some reason for me only having one password field and not having the player retype it. That is, to make the sign up process as quick and easy as possible. I realize typing your password just one more time isn't that big of a deal, but it adds just a slight bit more work to the sign up process. I know me personally (and I know other people who often feel the same), get really turned off when having to register accounts for new games, websites, services, etc. And sometimes, seeing all of those required fields that need filled out can be annoying. Especially (for in the future) when typing on a phone which is a little slower and more hassle. So that's why I wanted to keep it to one password field, so the user has to do as little work as possible to get in and get playing.

So unfortunately accidentally typing the wrong password will just be the negative side of the tradeoff. =/