Dragon Set + More Monsters + Runes

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Dragon Set + More Monsters + Runes

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:39 am

Dragon Set and Auroch Beetle

Dangit, Robby! Look what you made me do.:

Yeah, I literally made this set because of the Magic Breath skill. Of course dragons are pretty dang powerful both physically and magically, so I'm thinking it should be a hybrid Warrior/Mage set of equal parts. After all, we have hybrid gear like the Feather Mantle.

That aside, I made a monster. From what I've gotten, Eliatopians are mostly bug-eaters, but since burgers exist, might as well give them a "cow." Yep. I made a big ol' Auroch Beetle.:

Here's what I got for it considering the HH gear isn't all that necessary for much beyond Stalagmites as of now.:

HP: 400
Defense: 30
Power: 84
EXP: 63 (calculated)
Weight: 9000 lbs (calculated through square-cube law)
Description: Auroch beetles are given their name due to their size and resemblance to the extinct Earth creature: the aurochs. Auroch beetles boast great strength, rivaling the lifting and pulling capabilities of the Scorpee, although they are harder to tame than Scorpees due to their bullish nature. Unlike their namesake, Auroch Beetles have an omnivorous diet comparable to Earth pigs. Auroch Beetles not only use their horns for combat, but they also use them for digging, using them to dig out and eat things like rhizomes, tubers, roots, earthworms, moles, voles, gophers, and an underground Eliatopian creature called the Pike-Nosed Tunneler: a six-inch long subterranean lizard that is a prey item of Squishers. Domesticated Auroch Beetles are farmed for their meat, often being served in Eliatopian burger joints and steakhouses, although their elytras are cut up and used for jewelry.
Drops: Potato, Burger, Shepherd's Crook, Epee, Survival Knife, Pitchfork, Stop Sign, Wood Buckler, Moonlight Sickle, Insect Wings, Moonlight Scythe, Moonlight Shield, Taiko Drum, Protection Helmet, Stage 2 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Hardening Stone
Sound: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Beetle.mp3

Here's a potato:

In any case, I'm thinking the Auroch Beetle, unlike nearly every other monster in the game, would stand where it is while players are far away from it. As for attacking, obviously it would charge at and knock players down and even launch them a bit. Of course to mitigate this as people aren't exactly fond of being knocked down (I believe this stems from the monsters being impatient when attacking), I'm thinking the Auroch Beetle would give off a warning to players within its viewing range, much like a bull would. Otherwise, it would have a timed pattern similar to Scorpees, but it would be like this.:

Warn (long)->Charge->Charge

Pretty much like what the red-horned rhinos did in the old arcade game Congo Bongo: https://youtu.be/5JDeor6eszs?t=128

I'm also thinking of having them have a more advanced idle animation where, every thirty seconds or so, they would dig and pull something out of the ground to eat. The digging-and-eating part of the animation can be used as a safety cue for players who have to approach it. Yep.

Monster EXP Modification

Just a small modification for monster EXP (given tanks are harder to kill, plus electricity damage chains):

Monster EXP: ((HP/5)+Defense*2+Power+Fire Power+Poison Damage)/3*Electricity Modifier*Mean Moveset Power*√Defense Buff Modifier

Electricity Modifier: 1.1 if Electric is true, 1 otherwise
Mean Moveset Power: Mean of all moves in a moveset.
Defense Buff Modifier: For monsters that buff their own defense such as the Shieldizard

Runes

Ice Rune

This is a planned rune, although the issue is I can't really think of a function for it. I mean poison, fire, and electricity have special things about them. Here's what they're all about.:

Fire: Catches enemies on fire, continuously doing damage to them over time.
Poison: Does a small amount of defense-breaching damage.
Electricity: Does chain/splash damage against foes.

But ice? Eh, hard to come up with something that wouldn't break the game with this guy. I do have an idea as to what would drop them. Here's what I got.:

Stage 1 Ice Rune: Agent

And that's literally all I can think of. Agents were picked out because Xantis is pretty cold himself. I've made my own Ice Rune monsters because of this. They're as follows.:

Stage 1 Ice Rune: Blizzard Squisher, Yeti
Stage 2 Ice Rune: Yeti, Icicle
Stage 3 Ice Rune: Icicle, Woolly Mammoth

Cursed Rune

This guy was a rune Robby claimed was a possibility. My idea would reflect off the idea of cursed weapons: powerful, but they hurt. Of course nobody likes Blind Hit (not even the game itself, apparently), so I came up with this instead.:

+20% weapon power per stage; -6% armor per stage

I personally think runes will stop at Stage 5, so 100% power, but -30% armor. By armor, well, let's say you have 10000 armor. With a Stage 5 Cursed weapon, you would have 7000 armor instead.

I also had a backup where a cursed weapon would reduce armor by 5% per stage instead of 6%. Really it all comes down to execution.

As for who would carry it, I have plenty of ideas for that.:

Stage 1 Cursed Rune: Shagdaw, Hellshag, Ooze Horror
Stage 2 Cursed Rune: Ooze Horror, Logon, Lumbercore, Night Stalker

As for the guys I've made, I was thinking this.:

Stage 2 Cursed Rune: Shadowcreeper, Kappa
Stage 3 Cursed Rune: Kappa

Yeah. That made sense.

Water Rune

Well, I think I have plenty of reason to have the water rune thrown into the game, the primary reason being fire lacks a thing it would be weak to (fire melts ice, plus I'm pretty sure lightning makes fires worse).

I have a good mechanical way to make water runes work.:

1. Players hit with water-elemental weapons would have their flames put out if they're burning alive.
2. Fire-elemental enemies like Hellshags and Batlings would be weak against water-elemental gear.
3. Water-elemental gear CANNOT be enchanted with Fire Runes and vice-versa.

For more info about elemental weaknesses and resistances, see here: https://eliatopia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2561

As for what would drop it, well...

Stage 1 Water Rune: Fanged Squisher, Ground Spitter, Swamp Crab, Armed Dillo, Dumtilian
Stage 2 Water Rune: Armed Dillo, Rafflesia, Grunt
Stage 3 Water Rune: Great Frog

While, for the monsters I've made, here's what would drop water runes:

Stage 3 Water Rune: Kappa

Hardening Stone

Okay, but for real, I think the anvil design I've made here would make the Hardening Stone stand out more than a dirt block.

More Monsters

Well, time for the return of the monsters. Hopefully this time their drops are more balanced. Here's what I got.:

Normal Monsters

Cassowary

So yeah, I always wanted to see a Cassowary in an RPG ever since I learned that those bird are NOT to be messed with. Because of this, I made the cassowary for Eliatopia (Yeah, I think the feet should be a separate part from the legs to allow cleaner animations, but this is just a demonstration image showing how those things walk and attack):

Yeah, to make it seem monstrous, I based the cassowary off the ones from Total Dramarama...

Anyway, here are its parts:

As for the Eliapedia entry, here it is.:

HP: 320
Defense: 27
Power: 75
EXP: 55 (calculated)
Eliapedia Entry: Cassowaries are aggressive Earth birds that somehow appeared on Eliatopia. When threatened or angered, cassowaries are not afraid of spazzing out at opponents, kicking at them with its clawed feet. Because of this, cassowaries manage held their own against grunts and stalkers and are one of few creatures to stand up to scorpees thanks to their poison resistance. Despite their aggression, cassowaries are herbivores, with their favorite fruit being plums.
Drops: Plum (NEW!), Carving Fork, Banana Mask, Banana Suit, Kunai, Machete, Eggplant Helmet, Eggplant Suit, Eggplant Legs, Eggplant Staff, Hunting Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Stage 3 Sharpening Stone, Stage 1 Poison Rune (Stage 1, Rob, NOT Stage 3, Stage 1)
Sound: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gqozm60k ... y.mp3/file

Yes, Rob, I'm trying a new mechanic with the Cassowary: POISON RESISTANCE! Yep, the Cassowary will be resistant to poison.

By the way, here's the plum:

Dashbug

This guy would attack from far away by charging up a spin dash and dashing at opponents. This dash attack would have an initial speed that's 4x as fast as a player walking (or about 2.5x a player's running speed), thus forcing players to dodge-roll. Yep. As for its stats, it would be a complete glass-cannons. Somewhere like... This.:

HP: 210
Defense: 25
Power: 90
EXP: 52 (calculated)
Weight: 30 lbs/13.6 kg

Now for its Eliapedia Entry:

Eliapedia Entry: The Dashbug is the fastest arthropod on Eliatopia and perhaps the fastest creature known to humanity. Its spin-dash can reach initial speeds of up to 120 meters per second. This would allow it to fend off predators like Great Frogs and Night Stalkers even with its relatively small size. Its spikes make a spindashing dashbug look like a out-of-control buzzsaw, thus making it a threat to those who dare try to fight it.

Drops: Sports Sneakers, Paintball Gun, Walther PPK, Compound Bow, Revolver, Glock, Colt Pistol, Baseball Helmet, Baseball Shirt, Baseball Pants, Sports Cleats, Kriss Vector, Fiberglass Wand, Stage 1 Electric Rune, Stage 2 Electric Rune, Stage 3 Electric Rune

Shieldizard

To make the Shieldizard unique among Eliatopia monsters, I gave it a defense-boosting skill that the monster itself would have to activate. This would in turn cause it to take 50% less damage until it lowers its guard. Figured it would stand out more if I did that.

Defense: 36 (Takes 50% less damage in Defense Mode)
Power: 65
EXP: 73 (Calculated; includes a √1.5 Defense Buff modifier for its defense buff skill)
Eliapedia Entry: Shieldizards are interesting creatures resembling monitor lizards and frilled lizards. The Shieldizard makes use of a defensive mechanism involving its frills, in which it raises its frills as a sort of shield. Interestingly, this defensive maneuver also enchants the rest of its body with a powerful defensive buff that protects it from bites, stabs, and blunt force trauma. Unfortunately, it has to lower its frills in order to attack foes, so this buff won't last very long.
Drops: Watermelon, Pie Tin, Stop Sign, Wood Buckler, Riot Shield, Back Trash Can Lid, Back Wood Plank, Back Shield, Back Tri Shield, Dillo Hide, Knight Shield, Stage 1 Hardening Stone, Stage 2 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Hardening Stone

Orochi

In case you haven't noticed by its parts, it has a new mechanic... It would have the ability to attack players trying to fight it from it's sides:

This monster would allow for better testing of directional melee attacks. Mhmm. As for it's Eliapedia...

HP: 480
EXP: 72 (Calculated)
Weight: 640 lbs
Eliapedia Entry: The Orochi is a beast of legend. It was one of many creations of Moonchyllus, designed to fight off fierce foes that threaten the environment. These creatures were tamed by worshippers of Moonchyllus and her twelve-goddess pantheon back when they, along with Scorpees, were used to teach the art of domestication to the people. Some Orochis were used in ritual sacrifices while others were used as war mounts. Because of this, those who worshipped the Moonchyllus pantheon used the Orochi as a symbol of courage. Currently, they seem to be on a manhunt for anything Xantis-related.

Drop List: Burger, Carving Fork, Golf Bag, Kunai, Cleric's Cross, Heraldric Mantle, Katana, Reptile Wand, Nature Bow, Insect Wings, Taiko Drum, Duality Back Shield, Stage 2 Sharpening Stone, Stage 2 Poison Rune, Stage 3 Fire Rune

Sound: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Orochi.mp3

Super Stalagmite

Okay, with how powerful the Stalagmite's defenses are, I can definitely see those things coming back for Round 2.

As for its stats, well...

HP: 255
Defense: 50
Power: 96
EXP: 82 (calculated; includes mean value from moves)
Weight: 800 lbs (Same as regular Stalagmites)
Description: Empowered by Moonchyllus for long-ranged defense, Stalagmites are back for Round 2. Along with their rocky darts, Stalagmites gained the ability to use magic thus allowing them to fire energy waves. These super-charged Stalagmites are among the elite-rank creatures in Moonchyllus' fold along with Orochis and Ophanim.
Drops: Fries, Pilgrim Shirt, Glock, Machete, Goalie Pants, Police Armored Jeans, Cleric's Cross, Goalie Suit, Goalie Mask, Dillo Hide, Back Tri Shield, Priest Hat, Retribution, Stage 3 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Charge Rune
Moves: Rock Dart (1x damage), Energy Wave (1.5x damage)

Fire Monsters

Fire Monsters

Ragimian
Sounds (Voice-Acted by myself): http://www.mediafire.com/file/jd8nb9sh1 ... s.zip/file

Where?: All Logon areas
When?: All day
HP: 200
Defense: 20
Power: 45
Fire Damage: 36
EXP: 47 (Calculated)
Height: 1.36 meters
Weight: 90 lbs/40.8 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Ragimians are, as the name implies, simians filled with rage. This rage allows ragimians to ignite themselves and whatever they touch. There is an odd symbiosis between Ragimians and Rafflesias. When marking their territory, ragimians toss their flaming turds over the heads of Rafflesias, worsening their smell. They would also pick and eat unwanted bugs out of Rafflesias. The flame on their tail is triggered on and off whenever they felt the need to do so.
Drops: Banana, Birthday Hat, Banana Mask, Banana Suit, Pitchfork, Welding Mask, Nature Bow, Survival Pack, Stage 1 Fire Rune, Stage 2 Fire Rune

Mandrake

Here are it's parts:
And here's the Mandrake's death cry: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ndrake.mp3

HP: 360
Power: 80
Fire Power: 64
EXP: 82 (calculated)
Weight: 90 lbs
Eliapedia Entry: Moonchyllus created mandrakes to be a non-sapient, somewhat toxic medicinal plant. In their normal selves, the mandrake is traditionally used as an aphrodisiac, a sedative, a pain reliever, and a vomit-inducer. Mandrake is also used to treat stomach ulcers, constipation, hay fever, convulsions, and whooping cough. Much to the anger of Moonchyllus, however, the Alion City Nature Factory modified the genes of lab-grown mandrakes, turning them into monsters that burn humans alive. These monsters have draconic maws and skeletal bodies that allow them attack humans. Moonchyllus destroyed the Nature Factory's genetic modifier in order to halt the production of these genetically modified monsters; however, the mandrakes survived and are now roaming free on Eliatopia.
Drop List: Apple, Fries (they're the weakest cooked item available), Chili Pepper, Red Archer Sandals, Red Archer Legs, Red Archer Armor, Red Archer Helmet, Red Bow, Musket, Nature Bow, Blunderbuss, Romance Bow, Red Cape, Stage 1 Fire Rune, Stage 2 Fire Rune, Stage 3 Fire Rune

The white fire rune is a Stage 3 Fire Rune (enough with the stacking nonsense, please?)

Anyway, this is the Chili Pepper:

Ophanim

Defense: 35
Power: 100
Fire Power: 72
EXP: 95 (calculated)
Eliapedia Entry: Ophanim are biblical monstrosities that are seen as angels. They were found in Moonchyllus' forest along with Orochi and Super Stalagmites. They float perpetually in the air, with their wheel-like parts rotating in place like wheels. The mere sight of one is said to burn the eyes of the witness due as their appearances were rather incomprehensible. Should they attack, they would leave fire in their wake, hence biblical descriptions of them being flaming wheels.
Drops: Marshmallow Stick, Red Bow, Lightning Cape, Heraldic Mantle, Musket, Blunderbuss, Priest Sandals, Paladin Shoes, Priest Hat, Priest Robe, Priest Pants, Stage 2 Fire Rune, Stage 3 Fire Rune

Electric Monsters

Electric Leech

Where?: Gas Station; Teplar Village
When?: Daytime Only (Why not?)
HP: 33
Defense: 8
Power: 14
Height: 2.34 feet/0.71 meters
Weight: 20 lbs/9.1 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Electric leeches are the squirrels of Eliatopia. They would often chew on power lines to gain an electrical charge, often causing power outages. Despite their unusual behavior, electric leeches often eat nuts and berries. While electric leeches are immune to electricity in wiring, they aren't immune to transformer explosions, which are a frequent cause of death among leeches.
Drops: Yellow T-Shirt, Toy Gun, Beach Umbrella, Carving Fork, Basic Sphere Staff, Short Cape, Stage 1 Charge Rune

Tesla Crawler

Where?: Outside the Slime Factory; behind the gate
HP: 72
Defense: 16
Power: 25
Height: 5.84 feet/1.78 meters
Weight: 110 lbs/49.9 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Tesla crawlers are basic robotic weapons utilized by Xantis to defend military bases. They use supercharged tesla coils to fire off bolts of electricity at its opponents. Despite their power, they are a flawed design. Their tiny legs don't allow them to move much, and their narrowness makes it easy to tip them over. They also ignore wildlife, which often led to incidents where armed dillos knocked them over.
Drops: Beach Umbrella, Marshmallow Stick, Golf Club, Basic Sphere Staff, Compound Bow, Lightning Cape, Stage 1 Charge Rune, Stage 2 Charge Rune(?)

Spark Mantis

Where?: Alion City
When?: All Day
HP: 333
Power: 55
Height: Hard to tell with it being 3D-looking.
Weight: Unknown
Eliapedia Entry: Spark mantises are insects with an unusual way to use electricity for hunting. It rubs its talons together much like two pads of a defibrillator. Once it gets a good electrical charge, it grabs onto its prey, stunning them. The talons would put their prey into shock, making their kills swift and painless. Prisons in Eliatopia trained spark mantises to execute death row inmates, as they kill more cleanly than an electric chair.
Drops: Shepherd's Crook, Carving Fork, Golf Club, Hockey Stick, Moonlight Sickle, Scythe, Fiberglass Wand, Lightning Cape, Back Tri Shield, Stage 1 Charge Rune, Stage 2 Charge Rune

Ice Monsters

Blizzard Squisher

Where?: I dunno
HP: 40
Defense: 5
Power: 10
Ice Power: 6
Height: ???
Weight: ???
Eliapedia Entry: Blizzard Squishers are creatures that have adapted to icy environments. They have adapted a strategy of freezing foes, allowing it to freeze rodents. This would give it more on its menu than most other squishers. Their breath is said to smell like mint, and when eaten, their meat is said to have the flavor of mint-flavored pork.
Drops: Twig, Apple, Socks, Blue Beanie, Brown Boots, Scarf, Woven Shawl, Stage 1 Ice Rune

Icicle

Mechanic: Jump-to-dodge ring: https://youtu.be/Jb1hY8-9aO8?t=534
Defense: 40
Ice Power: 35
Height: SImilar to a Stalagmite
Weight: 450 lbs/204.1 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Along with Stalagmites, Moonchyllus created Icicles as a natural turret. Icicles have a powerful icy breath that can freeze animals from a distance. As they are made of ice, Icicles are more fragile than their Stalagmite counterparts. There are sightings of Moonchyllus treating Icicles to ice cream and popsicles, but these sightings are as of yet unconfirmed.
Drops: Watermelon, Ice Skates, Hockey Stick, Goalie Suit, Goalie Pants, Weaved Mask, Hockey Mask, Fiberglass Helmet, Back Tri Shield, Stage 2 Ice Rune, Stage 2 Hardening Stone (Stalagmites get Stage 3)

Yeti

Defense: 28
Power: 57
Ice Power: 45
Height: Similar to Grunts
Weight: 480 lbs/217.7 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Yetis have grown hair over their bodies to protect themselves from the cold. Because of this, they don't need to wear pants. Despite being viewed as some gorilla-like creature on Earth, yetis in Eliatopia are actually ogres just like the grunt. Interestingly, their punches let off an icy shockwave that numbs the pain of their blows. Needless to say, yetis are endangered species, although their populations are slowly rising once more due to conservation efforts.
Drops: Burger, Ice Skates, Hockey Stick, Goalie Suit, Goalie Pants, Hockey Mask, Wood Buckler, Moonlight Shield, Dreamcatcher, Citonium Helmet, Citonium Armor, Citonium Legs, Stage 1 Ice Rune, Stage 2 Ice Rune, Stage 2 Sharpening Stone

Woolly Mammoth

Hey, if Epic Battle Fantasy can have mammoths, why can't we? They're friggin' awesome!:

HP: 800
Defense: 32
Power: 108
EXP: 120 (calculated; includes 1.2x Rare Monster multiplier)
Weight: 11000 lbs (calculated through square-cube law)
Description: Woolly mammoths are primeval creatures that boast great strength. Their feet shaped the tundra of Eliatopia just like they did on Earth. Strangely, woolly mammoths have evolved to develop ice powers on Eliatopia. This mysterious development allowed them to survive on Eliatopia, although they are relatively rare to come across.
Drops: Burger, Beach Umbrella, Coonskin Hat, Pitchfork, Woodcutting Axe, Wood Buckler, Nature Bow, Magical Leaf, Acrylic Helmet, Opal Helmet, Opal Armor, Opal Legs, Protection Helmet, Stage 3 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Ice Rune

The Woolly Mammoth would also be a RARE monster just like, say, agents.

Nocturnal Monsters

Nightsquish

Where?: Campsite, Squisher areas past Impact Site
When?: Nighttime Only
HP: 21
Defense: 2
Power: 1
Height: 2.05 feet/0.62 meters
Eliapedia Entry: Nightsquish have special glowing eyes that allows them to see i the dark. They favor fireflies as a prey item, although they may raid campsites and trash bins for food scraps. Scientists from Earth jokingly claimed that if one were to bring a Nightsquish back to Earth, deer would stare at them for no reason because their eyes look like headlights.
Drops: Cherries, Twig, Yellow T-Shirt, Marshmallow Stick, Short Cape, Bullets

Vampire Squisher

Where?: Fanged Squisher areas
HP: 30
Defense: 3
Power: 3
Height: 2.15 feet/.65 meters
Weight: 15 lbs/6.8 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Vampire squishers, as their name implies, are squishers that feed off the blood of other creatures. Vampire squishers sleep in their burrows during the day, only to come out and feed at night. The black coloration of the vampire squisher allows the squisher to remain unseen in the darkness, although creatures with echolocation such as spiked squishers and batlings may catch on to this. Interestingly, they aren't known to transmit disease to other organisms.
Drops: Blueberries, Toy Bow, Wood Plank, Shades, Suit, Dress Pants, Bullets, Stage 1 Sharpening Rune

Nightshade

Where?: Petunia Areas
Power: 8
Poison Damage: 1
Height: 6.75 feet/2.06 meters
Weight: Unknown due to being a plant
Eliapedia Entry: Nightshades are plants that jab foes, poisoning them slightly. The poison of a nightshade isn't lethal to humans, as it is meant to be a warning against predators. Poison runes are said to be made by using the extract of a nightshade on a blank rune rock. With these runes, one can imbue their weapons with poison without worrying about burning or killing themselves by doing the poisoning manually.
Drops: Orange, Shades, Twig, Fairy Wand, Broom, Golf Club, Marshmallow Stick, Stage 1 Poison Rune

Swamp Monster

Where?: All throughout Muck Swamp
HP: 100
Defense: 15
Power: 23
Height: 6.4 feet/1.95 meters
Weight: 210 lbs/95.3 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Swamp monsters are creatures made of the wet weeds of the Muck Swamp. They lumber around, hunting for crabs and squishers. They don't take kindly to agents of the Slime Factory, and often gang up on escaping Dumtilians, killing them in an effort to keep the environment safe from harm.
Drops: Twig, Wood Plank, Wood Bow, Long Bow, Machete, Woodcutting Axe, Back Wood Plank, Stage 2 Sharpening Rune, Stage 2 Water Rune

Shadowcreeper
Inspired By: Locustas from Phantasy Star series: https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... D1Qrf46ceA
Where?: The caves of Red Leaf Hills
HP: 375
Power: 60
Height: 9.1 feet/2.77 meters
Weight: 550 lbs/249.5 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Shadowcreepers are among the most feared creatures in all of Eliatopia. They are found in the darkest places in all of Eliatopia. They use their incredibly sharp blades and their stealth to kill prey while remaining unseen. The only creatures capable of defeating the Shadowcreeper is a Stalagmite. While a grunt would get bisected immediately by a Shadowcreeper's blades, the Shadowcreeper is unable to put a dent into the Stalagmite's armor.
Drops: Watermelon, Shinobi Shoes, Machete, Katana, Shinobi Hood, Shinobi Gi, Shinobi Pants, Cutlass, Reaper's Feet, Soul Piercer, Stage 3 Sharpening Stone

Dire Rat
Power: 67
Poison Damage: 3
Height: 2.15 meters
Weight: 600 lbs/272.2 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Dire rats are no ordinary rat. These monstrous rats eat Dumtilians on a daily basis and are strong enough to tear a lion apart limb from limb. It is generally advised to use sniper rifles against these rats in order to get rid of them. One rat was observed eating a Grunt it had killed.
Drops: Drops: Banana, Burger, Pie Tin, Sweatband, Survival Knife, Glock, Police Helmet, Riot Shield, Pollution Helmet, Chunk Pistol, Back Trash Can Lid, Stage 2 Poison Rune, Stage 3 Poison Rune

Water Enemies

Kappa

Yes, the thing would wrestle players down rather than punch them. Look at their folklore.

Where?: North of Alion most likely.
HP: 450
Power: 92
Defense: 36
Height: 8.87 feet/2.7 meters
Weight: 1102.3 lbs/500 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Kappas are folkloric creatures back in Japan. While they do not naturally exist on Earth, kappas are plentiful in Eliatopia. It is believed that tales of kappas on Earth flourished when Moonchyllus introduced the creature to Japan a long time ago. Because they regularly overpowered grunts with their wrestling skills back in Eliatopia, Kappas tried their hand at drowning Japanese horses and cattle. These attempts were often unsuccessful, although the Kappas Moonchyllus introduced at the time were juvenile. Kappas aren't without intellect unlike most creatures. Kappas are about as advanced as ancient humans, having taken up written and spoken language and manners. They have taken up wrestling as a means of obtaining food, as they are omnivorous. They ate plants such as cucumber, eggplants, and squash. While they normally eat grunts, they have eaten humans when necessary. Kappas were taught how to manipulate souls and compress them into tiny balls by Moonchyllus, although for some reason Kappas tend to pull the soul out of one's rear end. Kappas themselves are immune to this effect.
Drops: Cucumber (cucumbers are a kappa's favorite food), Oriental Hat, Bo Staff, Ninja Hood, Ninja Gi, Ninja Pants, Ninja Socks, Kunai, Shinobi Hood, Shinobi Gi, Shinobi Pants, Shinobi Shoes, Katana, Soul Piercer, Reptile Shell, Taiko Drum, Stage 2 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Water Rune

Whew! Can't believe I had to bring all that nonsense just to try and get these buggers in the game. Whew! But yeah, that's about what I can muster.

Anchorarius

Re: Dragon Set + More Monsters + Runes

Post by Anchorarius » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:27 am

Oh my! I must wonder how long it took you to create this huge post of wonderful ideas; it would be rude not to go by them one by one. (Forgive me if I'm not going to quote you with the images but it'll most probably drag my post onto the next page).

So, as for the dragon set...
Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:20 am
Yeah, I literally made this set because of the Magic Breath skill. Of course dragons are pretty dang powerful both physically and magically, so I'm thinking it should be a hybrid Warrior/Mage set of equal parts. After all, we have hybrid gear like the Feather Mantle.
I think it looks bloody wonderful! Really, really well done! I'm also glad that you've included an accessory at the back as most sets don't come with 'em. I'm a little against hybrid sets though, since for some classes it's entirely useless. You mentioned the feather mantle, which is a hybrid accessory which is used by majority of archers, but also holds a load of magic, making them appropriate for mages too. As long as they pretty much hold the same strength as magic, it'll do fine (I think).

Flashlight237 wrote:
That aside, I made a monster. From what I've gotten, Eliatopians are mostly bug-eaters, but since burgers exist, might as well give them a "cow." Yep. I made a big ol' Auroch Beetle.:

Here's what I got for it considering the HH gear isn't all that necessary for much beyond Stalagmites as of now.:

Power: 84
EXP: 63 (calculated)
Description: Auroch beetles are given their name due to their size and resemblance to the extinct Earth creature: the aurochs. Auroch beetles boast great strength, rivaling the lifting and pulling capabilities of the Scorpee, although they are harder to tame than Scorpees due to their bullish nature. Unlike their namesake, Auroch Beetles have an omnivorous diet comparable to Earth pigs. Auroch Beetles not only use their horns for combat, but they also use them for digging, using them to dig out and eat things like rhizomes, tubers, roots, earthworms, moles, voles, gophers, and an underground Eliatopian creature called the Pike-Nosed Tunneler: a six-inch long subterranean lizard that is a prey item of Squishers. Domesticated Auroch Beetles are farmed for their meat, often being served in Eliatopian burger joints and steakhouses, although their elytras are cut up and used for jewelry.
Drops: Potato, Burger, Shepherd's Crook, Epee, Survival Knife, Pitchfork, Stop Sign, Wood Buckler, Moonlight Sickle, Insect Wings, Moonlight Scythe, Moonlight Shield, Taiko Drum, Protection Helmet, Stage 2 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Hardening Stone
Auroch beetles have a unique mechanic: staying idle then threatening to attack within a certain range of the character. If the Auroch beetle isn't going to be in-game, there should be at least one enemy that holds this mechanic since it's very interesting and would add a little diversity. I'm not going to dive into stats since I don't know much about them yet, but the drops seem decent (as long as the rarities are constant to other monsters, such as the bat wing staff for puffs should be as rare as the protection helmet for Auroch beetles).

Flashlight237 wrote:
Ice Rune
This is a planned rune, although the issue is I can't really think of a function for it. I mean poison, fire, and electricity have special things about them. Here's what they're all about.:

Fire: Catches enemies on fire, continuously doing damage to them over time.
Poison: Does a small amount of defense-breaching damage.
Electricity: Does chain/splash damage against foes.

But ice? Eh, hard to come up with something that wouldn't break the game with this guy. I do have an idea as to what would drop them. Here's what I got.:

Stage 1 Ice Rune: Agent

And that's literally all I can think of. Agents were picked out because Xantis is pretty cold himself. I've made my own Ice Rune monsters because of this. They're as follows.:

Stage 1 Ice Rune: Blizzard Squisher, Yeti
Stage 2 Ice Rune: Yeti, Icicle
Stage 3 Ice Rune: Icicle, Woolly Mammoth
Ah, the runes! Ice runes seem like a solid idea; they'd be a great drop for enemies in the ice/snowy regions (which I hope are going to be added!). As for the function, I was thinking that it'd slow the speed of the opposing monster and its attack rate... since ice/snow slow things down? Although all runes that can be applied to weapons are aggressive ones, this one would work slightly as a defensive enchantment too, as it'd be more easy to escape a fight.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Cursed Rune
This guy was a rune Robby claimed was a possibility. My idea would reflect off the idea of cursed weapons: powerful, but they hurt. Of course nobody likes Blind Hit (not even the game itself, apparently), so I came up with this instead.:

+20% weapon power per stage; -6% armor per stage

I personally think runes will stop at Stage 5, so 100% power, but -30% armor. By armor, well, let's say you have 10000 armor. With a Stage 5 Cursed weapon, you would have 7000 armor instead.

I also had a backup where a cursed weapon would reduce armor by 5% per stage instead of 6%. Really it all comes down to execution.

As for who would carry it, I have plenty of ideas for that.:

Stage 1 Cursed Rune: Shagdaw, Hellshag, Ooze Horror
Stage 2 Cursed Rune: Ooze Horror, Logon, Lumbercore, Night Stalker

As for the guys I've made, I was thinking this.:

Stage 2 Cursed Rune: Shadowcreeper, Kappa
Stage 3 Cursed Rune: Kappa

Yeah. That made sense.
I am personally so excited for this one. I love its functionality a lot! However, I do think it'll be a little too overpowered, especially if the damage doubles at stage 5 and all you're really doing is sacrificing armor. It would help gunners and archers a ton since they do ranged attacks, since they are already in a good position now. And for warriors, well, they're all about armor, right? I can't think of another idea that'd help combat this but I'm not too sure of a rune for weapons that'd affect armor too would work. The numbers you mentioned are flexible so it could be changed around.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Water Rune

Well, I think I have plenty of reason to have the water rune thrown into the game, the primary reason being fire lacks a thing it would be weak to (fire melts ice, plus I'm pretty sure lightning makes fires worse).

I have a good mechanical way to make water runes work.:

1. Players hit with water-elemental weapons would have their flames put out if they're burning alive.
2. Fire-elemental enemies like Hellshags and Batlings would be weak against water-elemental gear.
3. Water-elemental gear CANNOT be enchanted with Fire Runes and vice-versa.

For more info about elemental weaknesses and resistances, see here: https://eliatopia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2561

As for what would drop it, well...

Stage 1 Water Rune: Fanged Squisher, Ground Spitter, Swamp Crab, Armed Dillo, Dumtilian
Stage 2 Water Rune: Armed Dillo, Rafflesia, Grunt
Stage 3 Water Rune: Great Frog

While, for the monsters I've made, here's what would drop water runes:

Stage 3 Water Rune: Kappa
The water rune would seem a little underpowered compared to other runes. It's a good idea, don't get me wrong but it's pretty much a fire rune without the added damage ontop, only strong against enemies with weakness to them. So, ontop of the elemental weaknesses/resistances, I thought that weapons enchanted with a water rune would be able to weaken the enemies damage done by 10%, 20$, 30% and so on. That way it's a little more different to a fire rune, and also is a little stronger.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Okay, but for real, I think the anvil design I've made here would make the Hardening Stone stand out more than a dirt block.
Yes. Yes. Yes. I do hope the hardening stones have an art rework, they're basically a shiny poop version of sharpening stones lol. (Oh God I'm not even halfway through this post).

Flashlight237 wrote:
The Cassowary
Eliapedia Entry: Cassowaries are aggressive Earth birds that somehow appeared on Eliatopia. When threatened or angered, cassowaries are not afraid of spazzing out at opponents, kicking at them with its clawed feet. Because of this, cassowaries manage held their own against grunts and stalkers and are one of few creatures to stand up to scorpees thanks to their poison resistance. Despite their aggression, cassowaries are herbivores, with their favorite fruit being plums.
Drops: Plum (NEW!), Carving Fork, Banana Mask, Banana Suit, Kunai, Machete, Eggplant Helmet, Eggplant Suit, Eggplant Legs, Eggplant Staff, Hunting Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Stage 3 Sharpening Stone, Stage 1 Poison Rune (Stage 1, Rob, NOT Stage 3, Stage 1)
Sound: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gqozm60k ... y.mp3/file

Yes, Rob, I'm trying a new mechanic with the Cassowary: POISON RESISTANCE! Yep, the Cassowary will be resistant to poison.
Ooooh! This enemy looks really cool. I've also just realised that there aren't any really tall enemies apart from the bosses; this bird certainly looks intimidating. And the drops seems pretty nice too. The thing with the plum however is that we already have a load of consumables in-game, how is this going to differ from the rest apart from a different rate of HP/MP regain?

Flashlight237 wrote:
Dashbug
This guy would attack from far away by charging up a spin dash and dashing at opponents. This dash attack would have an initial speed that's 4x as fast as a player walking (or about 2.5x a player's running speed), thus forcing players to dodge-roll. Yep. As for its stats, it would be a complete glass-cannons. Somewhere like... This.:

HP: 210
EXP: 52 (calculated)
Weight: 30 lbs/13.6 kg

Now for its Eliapedia Entry:

Eliapedia Entry: The Dashbug is the fastest arthropod on Eliatopia and perhaps the fastest creature known to humanity. Its spin-dash can reach initial speeds of up to 120 meters per second. This would allow it to fend off predators like Great Frogs and Night Stalkers even with its relatively small size. Its spikes make a spindashing dashbug look like a out-of-control buzzsaw, thus making it a threat to those who dare try to fight it.

Drops: Sports Sneakers, Paintball Gun, Walther PPK, Compound Bow, Revolver, Glock, Colt Pistol, Baseball Helmet, Baseball Shirt, Baseball Pants, Sports Cleats, Kriss Vector, Fiberglass Wand, Stage 1 Electric Rune, Stage 2 Electric Rune, Stage 3 Electric Rune
The dashbug to me sounds like an armodillo on steroids. It seems a little too similar to armadillos; I dunno what's different apart from the fact that there's different stat spread and it's faster. I can't really think of another way of attacking as of now, but I'll try thinking of one soon. But hey, it's cool. Very cool. But the drops seem extremely OP compared to other monsters, and if they're as vulnerable/weaker than puffs, they can be easily 1-shot killed. Archers will farm them like crazy: all you have to do is remember their spawn points and attack from a distance, collect their loot and get a higher position in-game. I do thing these monsters need a drop rework.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Shieldizard

To make the Shieldizard unique among Eliatopia monsters, I gave it a defense-boosting skill that the monster itself would have to activate. This would in turn cause it to take 50% less damage until it lowers its guard. Figured it would stand out more if I did that.

Defense: 36 (Takes 50% less damage in Defense Mode)
Power: 65
EXP: 73 (Calculated; includes a √1.5 Defense Buff modifier for its defense buff skill)
Eliapedia Entry: Shieldizards are interesting creatures resembling monitor lizards and frilled lizards. The Shieldizard makes use of a defensive mechanism involving its frills, in which it raises its frills as a sort of shield. Interestingly, this defensive maneuver also enchants the rest of its body with a powerful defensive buff that protects it from bites, stabs, and blunt force trauma. Unfortunately, it has to lower its frills in order to attack foes, so this buff won't last very long.
Drops: Watermelon, Pie Tin, Stop Sign, Wood Buckler, Riot Shield, Back Trash Can Lid, Back Wood Plank, Back Shield, Back Tri Shield, Dillo Hide, Knight Shield, Stage 1 Hardening Stone, Stage 2 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Hardening Stone
One of my favourite enemy suggestions. Ever. I really really love the mechanic: the defensive boost seems so awesome. It'll also make it easier for warriors and mages to kill this type of enemy since they can get up close and personal when the shieldizard lowers its frills, whereas archers and gunners would find it harder to kill these. The drops seem decent though (I mean, you can give 'em a little more. Perhaps a water rune if they get implemented).

Flashlight237 wrote:
Orochi

In case you haven't noticed by its parts, it has a new mechanic... It would have the ability to attack players trying to fight it from it's sides:

This monster would allow for better testing of directional melee attacks. Mhmm. As for it's Eliapedia...

HP: 480
EXP: 72 (Calculated)
Weight: 640 lbs
Eliapedia Entry: The Orochi is a beast of legend. It was one of many creations of Moonchyllus, designed to fight off fierce foes that threaten the environment. These creatures were tamed by worshippers of Moonchyllus and her twelve-goddess pantheon back when they, along with Scorpees, were used to teach the art of domestication to the people. Some Orochis were used in ritual sacrifices while others were used as war mounts. Because of this, those who worshipped the Moonchyllus pantheon used the Orochi as a symbol of courage. Currently, they seem to be on a manhunt for anything Xantis-related.

Drop List: Burger, Carving Fork, Golf Bag, Kunai, Cleric's Cross, Heraldric Mantle, Katana, Reptile Wand, Nature Bow, Insect Wings, Taiko Drum, Duality Back Shield, Stage 2 Sharpening Stone, Stage 2 Poison Rune, Stage 3 Fire Rune
Woahhhh! A dragon monstah! Its ability to attack from sides would make it a huge pain to kill as a mage/warrior. Its drops seem really cool, but I'm wondering how they'll attack. From their legs or three heads? The little tree swamp on the back is a nice addition though. I'm also glad you didn't name this thing "fire-dragon" otherwise it would've just lost all its glory. The orichi sounds like a monster you do not want to take lightly.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Super Stalagmites
Okay, with how powerful the Stalagmite's defenses are, I can definitely see those things coming back for Round 2.

As for its stats, well...

Defense: 50
Power: 96
EXP: 82 (calculated; includes mean value from moves)
Weight: 800 lbs (Same as regular Stalagmites)
Description: Empowered by Moonchyllus for long-ranged defense, Stalagmites are back for Round 2. Along with their rocky darts, Stalagmites gained the ability to use magic thus allowing them to fire energy waves. These super-charged Stalagmites are among the elite-rank creatures in Moonchyllus' fold along with Orochis and Ophanim.
Drops: Fries, Pilgrim Shirt, Glock, Machete, Goalie Pants, Police Armored Jeans, Cleric's Cross, Goalie Suit, Goalie Mask, Dillo Hide, Back Tri Shield, Priest Hat, Retribution, Stage 3 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Charge Rune
Moves: Rock Dart (1x damage), Energy Wave (1.5x damage)
(I don't know how I'm going to be able to grind this things as a glass-cannon mage. It's hard enough to kill stags with their amazing defense but this monster is on a different level). Th-they have long-ranged attacks? Oh God, this should be a boss on its own. Jokes aside, the super stag is something I don't think I'll touch anyway due to its raw power. They're drops just show how much they're worth. (I'm not sure how this will work if shiny monsters are added though. This looks like a shiny stag. Maybe they could have a few more differences).

Flashlight237 wrote:
Ragimian

Sounds (Voice-Acted by myself): http://www.mediafire.com/file/jd8nb9sh1 ... s.zip/file

Where?: All Logon areas
HP: 200
Defense: 20
Fire Damage: 36
EXP: 47 (Calculated)
Height: 1.36 meters
Weight: 90 lbs/40.8 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Ragimians are, as the name implies, simians filled with rage. This rage allows ragimians to ignite themselves and whatever they touch. There is an odd symbiosis between Ragimians and Rafflesias. When marking their territory, ragimians toss their flaming turds over the heads of Rafflesias, worsening their smell. They would also pick and eat unwanted bugs out of Rafflesias. The flame on their tail is triggered on and off whenever they felt the need to do so.
Drops: Banana, Birthday Hat, Banana Mask, Banana Suit, Pitchfork, Welding Mask, Nature Bow, Survival Pack, Stage 1 Fire Rune, Stage 2 Fire Rune
First of all, nice monkey sounds lol. And finally, some weaker monsters that don't scare me at first sight. Compared to other monsters worth more or less the same amount of exp, I think that Ragimians have fairly nice drops. But they could do with a little boost since they throw fire which do extra fire damage anyway. You mentioned they also spawn in logon areas, which could be hard for newer players to pass through since logons are already quite hard to deal with due to their speed. They're basically puff-equivalent in an area designed to be travelled for those still exploring the game.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Mandrake

And here's the Mandrake's death cry: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ndrake.mp3

Power: 80
Fire Power: 64
EXP: 82 (calculated)
Eliapedia Entry: Moonchyllus created mandrakes to be a non-sapient, somewhat toxic medicinal plant. In their normal selves, the mandrake is traditionally used as an aphrodisiac, a sedative, a pain reliever, and a vomit-inducer. Mandrake is also used to treat stomach ulcers, constipation, hay fever, convulsions, and whooping cough. Much to the anger of Moonchyllus, however, the Alion City Nature Factory modified the genes of lab-grown mandrakes, turning them into monsters that burn humans alive. These monsters have draconic maws and skeletal bodies that allow them attack humans. Moonchyllus destroyed the Nature Factory's genetic modifier in order to halt the production of these genetically modified monsters; however, the mandrakes survived and are now roaming free on Eliatopia.
Drop List: Apple, Fries (they're the weakest cooked item available), Chili Pepper, Red Archer Sandals, Red Archer Legs, Red Archer Armor, Red Archer Helmet, Red Bow, Musket, Nature Bow, Blunderbuss, Romance Bow, Red Cape, Stage 1 Fire Rune, Stage 2 Fire Rune, Stage 3 Fire Rune

The white fire rune is a Stage 3 Fire Rune (enough with the stacking nonsense, please?)
Yayyyy - a Harry Poggers reference. But whoah, they look scary. And yes, I am also against with rune stacking, I honestly find it hard to tell the difference between a stage 2 and stage 3 rune. Imagine how a stage 4 and a stage 5 rune would look when stacked? Yeah, really weird. And for the drops, I think they can be slightly boosted, or maybe just boost the rarity of some items you mentioned in the list.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Ophanim

Defense: 35
Power: 100
Fire Power: 72
EXP: 95 (calculated)
Eliapedia Entry: Ophanim are biblical monstrosities that are seen as angels. They were found in Moonchyllus' forest along with Orochi and Super Stalagmites. They float perpetually in the air, with their wheel-like parts rotating in place like wheels. The mere sight of one is said to burn the eyes of the witness due as their appearances were rather incomprehensible. Should they attack, they would leave fire in their wake, hence biblical descriptions of them being flaming wheels.
Drops: Marshmallow Stick, Red Bow, Lightning Cape, Heraldic Mantle, Musket, Blunderbuss, Priest Sandals, Paladin Shoes, Priest Hat, Priest Robe, Priest Pants, Stage 2 Fire Rune, Stage 3 Fire Rune
This certainly looks otherworldly, especially when you compare this monster to other ones currently in-game. From their exp, I think that the fire they make should be powerful and they should also have a load of speed to spread as much as possible along with being harder to kill. I like the drops, especially the priest set. I like this monster rather a lot.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Electric Leech

Where?: Gas Station; Teplar Village
When?: Daytime Only (Why not?)
HP: 33
Defense: 8
Power: 14
Height: 2.34 feet/0.71 meters
Eliapedia Entry: Electric leeches are the squirrels of Eliatopia. They would often chew on power lines to gain an electrical charge, often causing power outages. Despite their unusual behavior, electric leeches often eat nuts and berries. While electric leeches are immune to electricity in wiring, they aren't immune to transformer explosions, which are a frequent cause of death among leeches.
Drops: Yellow T-Shirt, Toy Gun, Beach Umbrella, Carving Fork, Basic Sphere Staff, Short Cape, Stage 1 Charge Rune
Finally, an electric monster that's easy to kill! They drop stage 1 electric runes, and also have fairly nice drops. Some people may think "oh OP OP stop OP" but remember that the brown squishy things (I forgot what they're called... spiky squishers? *checks wiki* Oh, spiked squishers) drop S1 runes too, but at a very rare rate. I can confirm this because I got my first rune from them. Along with good drops, I like that they spawn near the gas station, where bascially a couple of petunias reside and that's it.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Tesla Crawler

Where?: Outside the Slime Factory; behind the gate
HP: 72
Defense: 16
Power: 25
Height: 5.84 feet/1.78 meters
Weight: 110 lbs/49.9 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Tesla crawlers are basic robotic weapons utilized by Xantis to defend military bases. They use supercharged tesla coils to fire off bolts of electricity at its opponents. Despite their power, they are a flawed design. Their tiny legs don't allow them to move much, and their narrowness makes it easy to tip them over. They also ignore wildlife, which often led to incidents where armed dillos knocked them over.
Drops: Beach Umbrella, Marshmallow Stick, Golf Club, Basic Sphere Staff, Compound Bow, Lightning Cape, Stage 1 Charge Rune, Stage 2 Charge Rune(?)
What's the exp for this thing? If you forgot, no worries. I'd say around 15-20 though (I'm not too sure myself). I've also noticed that this may be the first robotic monster in the game (correct me if I'm wrong), which is cool. I see a question mark near the stage 2 charged rune. I don't really remember but I *think* those oozes drop S2 runes. If they do, I think these tesla crawlers should have 'em too. If they don't have them, then neither should these.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Spark Mantis

Where?: Alion City
HP: 333
Power: 55
Height: Hard to tell with it being 3D-looking.
Weight: Unknown
Eliapedia Entry: Spark mantises are insects with an unusual way to use electricity for hunting. It rubs its talons together much like two pads of a defibrillator. Once it gets a good electrical charge, it grabs onto its prey, stunning them. The talons would put their prey into shock, making their kills swift and painless. Prisons in Eliatopia trained spark mantises to execute death row inmates, as they kill more cleanly than an electric chair.
Drops: Shepherd's Crook, Carving Fork, Golf Club, Hockey Stick, Moonlight Sickle, Scythe, Fiberglass Wand, Lightning Cape, Back Tri Shield, Stage 1 Charge Rune, Stage 2 Charge Rune
As I'm scrolling down I see a couple monsters that you most probably forgot to also give them a number of exp. Not to worry though, it's not a big deal. So, these monsters look kind of similar to scorpees, especially with the yellow skin and red eyes. They also have quite a bit of health, making them a little harder to kill than one may think, because all you're seeing is a body propped up with yellow sticks. I guess one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, like what they all say. I think the color scheme should be changed so there's a difference in resemblance between scorpees and the spark mantis. But other than that, this is cool. Nice drops.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Blizzard Squisher

Power: 10
Ice Power: 6
Height: ???
Weight: ???
Eliapedia Entry: Blizzard Squishers are creatures that have adapted to icy environments. They have adapted a strategy of freezing foes, allowing it to freeze rodents. This would give it more on its menu than most other squishers. Their breath is said to smell like mint, and when eaten, their meat is said to have the flavor of mint-flavored pork.
Drops: Twig, Apple, Socks, Blue Beanie, Brown Boots, Scarf, Woven Shawl, Stage 1 Ice Rune
Ohhhh, I love all these variants of squishers. Some look really cute. Others look gross. This one is one of my favourites, probably my favourite. I don't think there's much to be said about this little punk, they should be one of the first added into the snowy region once it's intrododuced to the game. I've realised that more or less your drops seem to be on point, and I can't really think of any improvements lol.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Icicle

Mechanic: Jump-to-dodge ring: https://youtu.be/Jb1hY8-9aO8?t=534
Defense: 40
Ice Power: 35
Height: SImilar to a Stalagmite
Weight: 450 lbs/204.1 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Along with Stalagmites, Moonchyllus created Icicles as a natural turret. Icicles have a powerful icy breath that can freeze animals from a distance. As they are made of ice, Icicles are more fragile than their Stalagmite counterparts. There are sightings of Moonchyllus treating Icicles to ice cream and popsicles, but these sightings are as of yet unconfirmed.
Drops: Watermelon, Ice Skates, Hockey Stick, Goalie Suit, Goalie Pants, Weaved Mask, Hockey Mask, Fiberglass Helmet, Back Tri Shield, Stage 2 Ice Rune, Stage 2 Hardening Stone (Stalagmites get Stage 3)
I'm glad you didn't name this thing to "Frosted Stalagmite" or "Ice stalagmite" but to a much nicer, more appropriate name: "Icicle". And I'm also glad that you didn't make another variant that's twice as tanky than the Super Stalagmite, otherwise I would have never tried even facing this thing. I guess there's no harm in adding a S1 ice rune to this though as you pretty much have to grind blizzard squishers to get them.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Yeti

Defense: 28
Power: 57
Ice Power: 45
Height: Similar to Grunts
Weight: 480 lbs/217.7 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Yetis have grown hair over their bodies to protect themselves from the cold. Because of this, they don't need to wear pants. Despite being viewed as some gorilla-like creature on Earth, yetis in Eliatopia are actually ogres just like the grunt. Interestingly, their punches let off an icy shockwave that numbs the pain of their blows. Needless to say, yetis are endangered species, although their populations are slowly rising once more due to conservation efforts.
Drops: Burger, Ice Skates, Hockey Stick, Goalie Suit, Goalie Pants, Hockey Mask, Wood Buckler, Moonlight Shield, Dreamcatcher, Citonium Helmet, Citonium Armor, Citonium Legs, Stage 1 Ice Rune, Stage 2 Ice Rune, Stage 2 Sharpening Stone
This probably comes second place in my favourites list after the blizzard squisher for ice monsters. I LOVE the Yeti. It looks so deadly but awesome too. Really well done on all your artwork! They're like an ice version of grunts but not in a bad way: their drops seem really good. I think their defense should be pumped up a little bit to be reflective of its nice drops though.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Woolly Mammoth

Hey, if Epic Battle Fantasy can have mammoths, why can't we? They're friggin' awesome!:

HP: 800
Defense: 32
Power: 108
EXP: 120 (calculated; includes 1.2x Rare Monster multiplier)
Weight: 11000 lbs (calculated through square-cube law)
Description: Woolly mammoths are primeval creatures that boast great strength. Their feet shaped the tundra of Eliatopia just like they did on Earth. Strangely, woolly mammoths have evolved to develop ice powers on Eliatopia. This mysterious development allowed them to survive on Eliatopia, although they are relatively rare to come across.
Drops: Burger, Beach Umbrella, Coonskin Hat, Pitchfork, Woodcutting Axe, Wood Buckler, Nature Bow, Magical Leaf, Acrylic Helmet, Opal Helmet, Opal Armor, Opal Legs, Protection Helmet, Stage 3 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Ice Rune

The Woolly Mammoth would also be a RARE monster just like, say, agents.
I do think that their should be some rare monsters, like agents that you've mentioned. HOWEVER, it's going to make grinding for stage 3 ice runes a huge, huge pain. But then again, this suggestion can obviously be changed around: maybe mammoths can have a higher chance of dropping them. They're quite the powerful enemy. It one-shot kills me. But then again, even logons one shot kill me since I have 1 defense lol.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Nightsquish

Where?: Campsite, Squisher areas past Impact Site
HP: 21
Defense: 2
Power: 1
Height: 2.05 feet/0.62 meters
Eliapedia Entry: Nightsquish have special glowing eyes that allows them to see i the dark. They favor fireflies as a prey item, although they may raid campsites and trash bins for food scraps. Scientists from Earth jokingly claimed that if one were to bring a Nightsquish back to Earth, deer would stare at them for no reason because their eyes look like headlights.
Drops: Cherries, Twig, Yellow T-Shirt, Marshmallow Stick, Short Cape, Bullets
Another squisher! I don't think much needs to be said here: just as shagdaws have their hellshags counterpart, I guess squishers also can have their nighttime counterpart too. Their eyes do bring a little variety; I'm glad it's not just a pink squisher.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Vampire Squisher

Where?: Fanged Squisher areas
HP: 30
Defense: 3
Power: 3
Height: 2.15 feet/.65 meters
Weight: 15 lbs/6.8 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Vampire squishers, as their name implies, are squishers that feed off the blood of other creatures. Vampire squishers sleep in their burrows during the day, only to come out and feed at night. The black coloration of the vampire squisher allows the squisher to remain unseen in the darkness, although creatures with echolocation such as spiked squishers and batlings may catch on to this. Interestingly, they aren't known to transmit disease to other organisms.
Drops: Blueberries, Toy Bow, Wood Plank, Shades, Suit, Dress Pants, Bullets, Stage 1 Sharpening Rune
Again, just a nighttime counterpart to fanged squishers which only spawn at night. Day-and-night time is a very important aspect of Eliatopia and it's nice to see some monsters having their own variants at different times. For new players, it'd help them understand what Eliatopia does to set its game apart from other games. So, even though some people may think this monster as unnecessary, I think it absolutely is.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Nightshade

Where?: Petunia Areas
Power: 8
Poison Damage: 1
Height: 6.75 feet/2.06 meters
Weight: Unknown due to being a plant
Eliapedia Entry: Nightshades are plants that jab foes, poisoning them slightly. The poison of a nightshade isn't lethal to humans, as it is meant to be a warning against predators. Poison runes are said to be made by using the extract of a nightshade on a blank rune rock. With these runes, one can imbue their weapons with poison without worrying about burning or killing themselves by doing the poisoning manually.
Drops: Orange, Shades, Twig, Fairy Wand, Broom, Golf Club, Marshmallow Stick, Stage 1 Poison Rune
Ohh, this is a nice nighttime variant! Possibly my favourite. I like the fact that they drop poison runes, and can poison players too, which gives a nice introduction to newer players on different types of enemy attacks, like poisoning and fire damage.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Swamp Monster

Where?: All throughout Muck Swamp
HP: 100
Defense: 15
Power: 23
Height: 6.4 feet/1.95 meters
Weight: 210 lbs/95.3 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Swamp monsters are creatures made of the wet weeds of the Muck Swamp. They lumber around, hunting for crabs and squishers. They don't take kindly to agents of the Slime Factory, and often gang up on escaping Dumtilians, killing them in an effort to keep the environment safe from harm.
Drops: Twig, Wood Plank, Wood Bow, Long Bow, Machete, Woodcutting Axe, Back Wood Plank, Stage 2 Sharpening Rune, Stage 2 Water Rune
I agree that there should be monsters that are nighttime only (monsters that don't have counterparts) which is why I really want this monster to be implemented in-game. Drops seem fairly standard, but I don't want to end up with a bunch of twigs in my inventory. I could be killing squishers for those.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Shadowcreeper

Inspired By: Locustas from Phantasy Star series: https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... D1Qrf46ceA
Where?: The caves of Red Leaf Hills
HP: 375
Power: 60
Height: 9.1 feet/2.77 meters
Weight: 550 lbs/249.5 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Shadowcreepers are among the most feared creatures in all of Eliatopia. They are found in the darkest places in all of Eliatopia. They use their incredibly sharp blades and their stealth to kill prey while remaining unseen. The only creatures capable of defeating the Shadowcreeper is a Stalagmite. While a grunt would get bisected immediately by a Shadowcreeper's blades, the Shadowcreeper is unable to put a dent into the Stalagmite's armor.
Drops: Watermelon, Shinobi Shoes, Machete, Katana, Shinobi Hood, Shinobi Gi, Shinobi Pants, Cutlass, Reaper's Feet, Soul Piercer, Stage 3 Sharpening Stone
This seems like a heck of a monster! It's drops seem really nice and just by reading its description, it looks like it shouldn't be a monster to take on lightly. To reflect its drops, I'd suggest handing over a little more defense/HP. It'd also be nice for it to have a hefty amount of exp so that players would find it to be appropriate for grinding not only for drops but experience. (These drops should be quite rare though).

Flashlight237 wrote:
Dire Rat
Power: 67
Poison Damage: 3
Height: 2.15 meters
Weight: 600 lbs/272.2 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Dire rats are no ordinary rat. These monstrous rats eat Dumtilians on a daily basis and are strong enough to tear a lion apart limb from limb. It is generally advised to use sniper rifles against these rats in order to get rid of them. One rat was observed eating a Grunt it had killed.
Drops: Drops: Banana, Burger, Pie Tin, Sweatband, Survival Knife, Glock, Police Helmet, Riot Shield, Pollution Helmet, Chunk Pistol, Back Trash Can Lid, Stage 2 Poison Rune, Stage 3 Poison Rune
Everything at night-time seems a little more powerful, since night brings darkness. This can be seen from games such as Minecraft, for instance. It's nice to see that this element is added to Eliatopia, and it can be seen through the stat spread of the Dire Rat. The drops also seem to match its description: it drops trash cans since the rat itself is a monster of filth.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Kappa

Yes, the thing would wrestle players down rather than punch them. Look at their folklore.

Where?: North of Alion most likely.
HP: 450
Power: 92
Defense: 36
Height: 8.87 feet/2.7 meters
Weight: 1102.3 lbs/500 kg
Eliapedia Entry: Kappas are folkloric creatures back in Japan. While they do not naturally exist on Earth, kappas are plentiful in Eliatopia. It is believed that tales of kappas on Earth flourished when Moonchyllus introduced the creature to Japan a long time ago. Because they regularly overpowered grunts with their wrestling skills back in Eliatopia, Kappas tried their hand at drowning Japanese horses and cattle. These attempts were often unsuccessful, although the Kappas Moonchyllus introduced at the time were juvenile. Kappas aren't without intellect unlike most creatures. Kappas are about as advanced as ancient humans, having taken up written and spoken language and manners. They have taken up wrestling as a means of obtaining food, as they are omnivorous. They ate plants such as cucumber, eggplants, and squash. While they normally eat grunts, they have eaten humans when necessary. Kappas were taught how to manipulate souls and compress them into tiny balls by Moonchyllus, although for some reason Kappas tend to pull the soul out of one's rear end. Kappas themselves are immune to this effect.

Drops: Cucumber (cucumbers are a kappa's favorite food), Oriental Hat, Bo Staff, Ninja Hood, Ninja Gi, Ninja Pants, Ninja Socks, Kunai, Shinobi Hood, Shinobi Gi, Shinobi Pants, Shinobi Shoes, Katana, Soul Piercer, Reptile Shell, Taiko Drum, Stage 2 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Hardening Stone, Stage 3 Water Rune
And finally, a water enemy. For it to make sense to be in the North of Alion, I guess there should be a river of some sort. The description is really informative of its folklore which allows the player to understand its history and could connect pieces of ancient Eliatopia. Again, I think there will be a few too many consumables in the game. What makes a cucumber stand out from others? It makes sense for there to be hardening stones too as it is reflective of its appearance (with the shell). I would've thought that should make the kappa a bit more of a defensive monster though, so lowering the attack and upping the defense could be an idea.

Flashlight237 wrote:
Whew! Can't believe I had to bring all that nonsense just to try and get these buggers in the game. Whew! But yeah, that's about what I can muster.
Well, that wraps it up for me too. I guess instead of saying an empty "support", I'd respond to each idea seperately. I hope it gives a feeling of appreciation for your work, because I really do. Also, that's about what I can muster too.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Oh man, that dragon set is wicked! Seriously, really cool job there! I think this would be a good set a few equip-updates down the road. I plan on having one final HH-throwback set update, and then onward to completely new sets. This would likely fit in well there. :)

That beetle enemy looks really cool too, as does the bird fella'! I do think I saw the rest of them in other posts, but thanks for bringing them back, I'll keep them in mind here in the near future. I'm trying to hopefully get some new enemy(s) out this week.

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:12 pm

I am enjoying the new surplus of new enemies, especially the ophanim

G-Toast

Post by G-Toast » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:56 pm

all i have to say is wow this is gonna be amazing
hi there and bye there 0.0

masnam

Post by masnam » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:48 pm

I love all of the monsters that you showed they look cool and all give good amounts of exp. My favorite is the wooly mammoth because it gives 120xp and its pretty big!!