See-through map objects to see better

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Soldeir5
Re: See-through map objects to see better

Post by Soldeir5 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:25 pm

Robby wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:57 pm
So I spent a few days messing with some possible solutions to this and I came up with something that works well!

Players, dropped items, and some enemies will now have a semi transparent overlay of themselves when they are standing behind an object bigger than themselves. Technically speaking, the overlay isn't actually "transparent" but rather a flickering on and off of the hidden object, but because of the fast flickering it appears transparent. On "low" quality setting, since it plays at 30fps instead of 60fps, the flickering may be slightly more noticeable, which is fine. On the "very low" quality setting, this feature will be disabled, since the purpose of the "very low" quality setting is to prioritize performance.

I should have a small patch with this out today. Hope everyone enjoys, and let me know what you think!
is it added?
Also Find me on Voxiom.io - ShadowReaperBR

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:28 pm

Soldeir5 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:25 pm
Robby wrote:
So I spent a few days messing with some possible solutions to this and I came up with something that works well!

Players, dropped items, and some enemies will now have a semi transparent overlay of themselves when they are standing behind an object bigger than themselves. Technically speaking, the overlay isn't actually "transparent" but rather a flickering on and off of the hidden object, but because of the fast flickering it appears transparent. On "low" quality setting, since it plays at 30fps instead of 60fps, the flickering may be slightly more noticeable, which is fine. On the "very low" quality setting, this feature will be disabled, since the purpose of the "very low" quality setting is to prioritize performance.

I should have a small patch with this out today. Hope everyone enjoys, and let me know what you think!
is it added?
Clear enough for you?

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:18 pm

The change is now out, let me know what you think!

Android users will likely have to wait until next patch however, but for web and desktop the feature is now live.

Soldeir5

Post by Soldeir5 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:16 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:28 pm
Soldeir5 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:25 pm
Robby wrote:

is it added?
Clear enough for you?
Need to be so angry?
Also Find me on Voxiom.io - ShadowReaperBR