Elemental Weaknesses and Resistances

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237

Elemental Weaknesses and Resistances

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 pm

From what I can understand, elemental damage doesn't seem to be doing anything more than providing damage or DPS boosts. That's boring. Why not give monsters elemental weaknesses and resistances to make elemental damage more... fun? From what I can gather, this is what I got:

Fire Damage:

Weakness: 2x (ex. Logons)
Resistance: 0.5x (ex. Hellshags and Batlings)
Immunity: 0x (ex. Stalagmites)

Electric Damage:

Weakness: 2x (ex. Crabs)
Resistance: 0.5x (ex. Armed Dillos, Spiked Squishers, Ground Spitters, Puff Monsters)
Immunity: 0x (ex. Stalagmites)

Poison Damage:

Recommended Pre-Requisite: Buff poison damage from runes from 4 back up to 5 per stone.

Weakness: +x damage taken from poison (ex. Petunias)
Resistance: -x damage taken from poison (ex. Dumtilians, Agents, Grunts, Scorpees, and Great Frogs)
Immunity: 0x damage (or -9999 damage taken from poison) (ex. Ooze, Ooze Horror, Stalagmites, Moonchyllus)

So yeah, there's that.

Savage0

Re: Elemental Weaknesses and Resistances

Post by Savage0 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:59 am

Can't support, only role this has is ... over-complicating things.
But if it is implemented, will be interesting nonetheless. (believe poison resistant equipment was brought up somewhere, that works because poison is simplistic .... just ignores logic and DEF.) but that's just my take on this idea.
KONO DIA DA!

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:48 am

Support, this only makes the mechanics of game more realistic. I mean, shouldn't monsters with a natural affinity towards a certain element be able to completely tank or resist against that elemental attack?
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

Anchorarius

Post by Anchorarius » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:26 am

I'm getting Pokemon vibes all over. The idea seems pretty neat, dunno why someone said that it over-complicates things, but I think stalagmites will be a bit too hard to kill since it's immune to everything, even though it does make sense for those immunities to be in place. Maybe instead of these weaknesses and resistances to be 100% all the time, reduce the chances to somewhere around 50/50? I dunno, I don't think that poison/electric/fire runes are super useful in the first place. But it's a good idea, support (with some minor changes).

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:15 am

Bump

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:34 am

Idea is really good and about Stalagmites beeing resistance to all stone and runes maybe a new rune will do the job f.e Acid Rune? This one would affect all kind of mobs. As for how it should look-something blue maybe. Flashlight you are good in that stuff so you can try draw it, i suck at it LOL :lol: .

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:28 am

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:34 am
Idea is really good and about Stalagmites beeing resistance to all stone and runes maybe a new rune will do the job f.e Acid Rune? This one would affect all kind of mobs. As for how it should look-something blue maybe. Flashlight you are good in that stuff so you can try draw it, i suck at it LOL :lol: .
I mean the Poison Rune was originally created with poisonous things like acid in mind.