Opacity and game objects

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Anchorarius

Opacity and game objects

Post by Anchorarius » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:58 pm

I've been playing this game for a fair while now and I've come across a problem that's been bugging me. Ever since I started, I've had to spend from several to countless seconds searching for coins behind game objects. Sometimes I would find them instantly, and other times I wouldn't find them at all. And there would also be a nagging thought at the back of my head, telling me to search the whole area thoroughly, in case of a miracle of a chance that one of the monsters have dropped a rune or something equally as valuable. There's also the little bug that the money teleports a few spaces away from you after you collide with it, so sometimes it turned out I was looking in the wrong direction the whole time.

A simple way to end all this trauma is to reduce the opacity of some game objects. Not all, but namely trees, bushes and fences. Along with being able to find your loot, you're also able to find and kill those pesky monsters hiding and attacking behind game objects, which is another problem too. So that's two batlings hit with one stone (ya like that?). I guess it also goes without saying that the opacity would be toggled on/off whenever the player's behind it, but ya. If you find this helpful, please support this thread!

troopas

Re: Opacity and game objects

Post by troopas » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 pm

Yeah this has been suggested before but I think robby said it wasn't possible because of the way the game works or something like that. I support this but it seems unlikely :/

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:25 pm

troopas wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 pm
Yeah this has been suggested before but I think robby said it wasn't possible because of the way the game works or something like that. I support this but it seems unlikely :/
Agreed

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:17 pm

I could make this happen by forcing any object that is important (such as players and items) render their hidden parts white when they are behind an object. It will just be a bit of work for me to tinker with. If this gets enough support, perhaps I'll consider adding it in if everyone really wants it.

cyro557

Post by cyro557 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:19 pm

if its not a terrible ammount of work im for it
YT:Nerfski
Discord:cyro557#7569
HH:cyro557
Elia:cyro/cyro557

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:17 pm
I could make this happen by forcing any object that is important (such as players and items) render their hidden parts white when they are behind an object. It will just be a bit of work for me to tinker with. If this gets enough support, perhaps I'll consider adding it in if everyone really wants it.
Ah yeah! Just like they did in Minecraft Dungeons! Sure, I'm down for it, though you will need to switch the color around if something's behind a white object.