Mage skill suggestion

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
TrapFish
Mage skill suggestion

Post by TrapFish » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:30 pm

Hello,

Idk if u agree that mage should have a skill that can get mp back after killing a monster because they use too much mp

A skill that can be upgraded 4 times.

Lvl.1 10% chance of getting 3 mp back after killing a monster
Lvl.2 15% chance of getting 3 mp back
Lvl.3 20% chance of getting 3 mp back
Lvl.4 25% chance of getting 3 mp back

I’m a mage and my mp (50) runs out too fast because I use it to run, kill monsters and abilities that cost 6 mp. Plus, I don’t have enough money to buy a lot of fruits because I’m saving for a set.
TRAPFISH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

troopas

Re: Mage skill suggestion

Post by troopas » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:42 pm

TrapFish wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:30 pm
Hello,

Idk if u agree that mage should have a skill that can get mp back after killing a monster because they use too much mp

A skill that can be upgraded 4 times.

Lvl.1 10% chance of getting 3 mp back after killing a monster
Lvl.2 15% chance of getting 3 mp back
Lvl.3 20% chance of getting 3 mp back
Lvl.4 25% chance of getting 3 mp back

I’m a mage and my mp (50) runs out too fast because I use it to run, kill monsters and abilities that cost 6 mp. Plus, I don’t have enough money to buy a lot of fruits because I’m saving for a set.
SUPPORT!
An actually good suggestion.
But this has to be for mage only because if archers have it, it will make botting 1000x easier.

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Support (Maybe with lower percentages, but overall a good way of making mages better)
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

Xessurround

Post by Xessurround » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:25 am

well it would be only for mages if robby (if added) put only working when wearing wands or staff, work done :P

Anchorarius

Post by Anchorarius » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Ya, this would help a ton. Currently, pineapples for mages are equivalent to arrows for archers/bullets for gunners. I'd suggest for a slight change to how this skill would be implemented though.

This skill wouldn't be as viable in-game if it applies to every single enemy. What I mean is that getting 3MP back from a squisher and also getting 3MP back from killing a puff doesn't really make sense. Because obviously, it's much harder to kill a puff than it is to kill a squisher.

A way around this would be to simply change the formula, which would work similar to the one I've created below:

Note: this would only apply to level one of the skill.

let n = possible amount of MP back from killing a monster
let exp = amount of exp the monster gives
let yield = amount of MP per enemy we kill

n = exp * 0.2
yield = n * 0.1

So, let's try out a scenario. Our monster that we'd like to kill would be a Logon, because why not? Here, our exp = 33, and our skill level would be 1. By substituting our exp into the formula, we'd get:
n = 33 * 0.2 = 6.6
yield = 6.6 * 0.1 = 0.66

So, on average, we'd get 0.66MP every time we kill a Logon. If you'd like to look at this another way, there's a 10% chance of getting 6.6MP for every Logon you kill.

We can pretty much do the same thing for skill level 2, except that we'd have to tweak the formula a tiny bit. I could just "re-format" the whole formula so it could apply to every skill level but this is just a rough idea for this suggestion. And, I'm also not bothered.

The formula for level 2 would simply be:

n = exp * 0.2 (This stays the same)
yield = n * 0.15

All I'm doing here is changing the percentage chance from 10% to 15%. Not that complicated. We could now try the same scenario again, except that our skill is level 2.
n = 33 * 0.2 = 6.6
yield = 6.6 * 0.15 = 0.99

Now, on average we'd get 0.99MP every time we kill a Logon. Or, again, if youd'd like to look at this another way, it's the same as having a 15% chance of getting 6.6MP for every Logon you kill.

Of course, if anyone feels that the MP regained is too high or too low, changing this would be as simple as changing the 0.2 that has remained constant throughout to a slightly bigger/smaller number.

Anyway, I think I've rambled long enough. I usually tend to stay away from RNG but I suppose here it's needed.

Edit: the formula was a bit weird, just needed a little tweak for clarification.