Sound Effects for Ambience

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Sound Effects for Ambience

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:14 am

For the sake of ambience, maybe there could be a few sound effects. For example, here's a sound effect for walking in dirt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fqx5mEMEoY

Also, a nighttime ambience noise would be cool. I think this one?: https://soundeffects.fandom.com/wiki/So ... RICKETS_02

Fireflies could be added in as an ambient object; all you need to do is take the homing shot balls, shrink them down, and turn 'em bright yellow.

Also, some sounds for monsters: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mu64maq5 ... 2.zip/file

Included in here are sounds for the following monsters:

Existing:
Petunia
Crab
Agent
Ooze Horror
Rafflesia
Logon
Stalagmite
Batling

Approved or Planned:
Night Stalker
Mandrake
Orochi

Others:
Bouncing Mushroom
Cassowary
Dashbug
Leafling
Ophanim
Primal Stalker
Sasquatch
Shadowcreeper
Shieldizard

So yeah, there's that.

troopas

Re: Sound Effects for Ambience

Post by troopas » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:15 am

Would it be possible for you to turn the monster sounds into a youtube video so I don't have to download it? Thanks >.<

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Thanks for the sounds! I'll get the logon and ooze horror one added in for the update. Looks like most of the sounds there are for enemies not in the game (yet?) though. There is a waling in dirt/grass footstep sound effect that should already play when walking on most grass/dirt areas. Although perhaps there are some spots where I forgot to add this in.

The night ambience sound would be cool. It is something I thought about, I'm just not sure if it'd be too much on top of the music that already plays. I'll think about it though.

The fireflies is something I've considered as well, and I'm sure I will be doing in a future area. :)

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm
Thanks for the sounds! I'll get the logon and ooze horror one added in for the update. Looks like most of the sounds there are for enemies not in the game (yet?) though. There is a waling in dirt/grass footstep sound effect that should already play when walking on most grass/dirt areas. Although perhaps there are some spots where I forgot to add this in.
Yeah, I tend to plan ahead myself. I will say that the current dirt/grass sound effect is more for walking in grass. The one I've linked is more for soil or sand. Ya know, something more grainy and less plant-y.

I don't think you've come across the Cassowary, Dashbug, Ophanim, and Shieldizard enemies yet; I tend to have a good memory when it comes to all my concept art.

Cassowaries are, well, that murder-bird from Australia and a creature I personally would love to see in an MMORPG.
The Dashbug and Shieldizard enemies are mobs I tried new mechanics for. The Dashbug is an enemy with a spin-dash attack so fast that the only way to get away from it is a dodge roll. The Shieldizard enemy, on the other hand, would be the first monster to buff its own defense.
Lastly, the Ophanim would fit the ranks of F3 monsters along with the Mandrake and the Orochi (the latter which wouldn't have a fire attack).