Slight Start-Up Experience Improvement

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Slight Start-Up Experience Improvement

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:43 am

Okay, so there are a few concerns about the start-up experience from what I've seen on Newgrounds. I'd like to address them. I'll list out all three of them.:

Control Confusion
I think this might have to do with the lack of an in-game tutorial (there are controls in the description, but people usually don't bother scrolling down to read that). I think a few signs like in Helmet Heroes will help clear things up in case people don't get it right the first time.

Getting One-Shot by Fanged Squishers
Getting one-shot by Fanged Squishers sounds a bit concerning. Important to note that doing the math, a player with 1 defense would take 20 damage from Fanged Squishers. I think the best way to handle this is a way to tell players that they can equip a full set of armor to protect against monsters. To do this, I would suggest adding the following drops to Squishers:

Squsher Drop Additions: Socks, White T Shirt, Red Bandana

To balance the additions to the Squisher's drop pool out, I also recommend the following additions.

Fanged Squisher: Socks, Yellow T Shirt, Red Bandana
Petunia: Increase spawn rates; Raise the Twig drop rates; Add Pink Hat (if they don't exist already), Big Squirt Gun (if they don't exist already), and Fairy Wand. Also, why is there still a huge empty space with no Petunias?: http://prntscr.com/v0fdwe
Shagdaw: Marshmallow Stick
Spiiked Squisher: Hawthorn Wand
Ground Spitter: Straw Hat, Wood Bow

Touchpad? Whuzzat?

Rob, a touch pad/track pad is the built-in mouse in a laptop. I had to learn that the hard way.

Conclusion

I think once these concerns are addressed, starting a run in Eliatopia will be easier to do. Yep.