Controller Off Button/Rebind

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
BiggerLover
Controller Off Button/Rebind

Post by BiggerLover » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:51 pm

I use a Playstation controller and the buttons are very odd in game: Up on d-pad goes down, Right on d-pad uses mp consumable, etc. There should be a controller off button in the options so that players can disable the wonky controls and use their own controller input app like JoyToKey to play the game with their controller of choice. Or there should be a controller rebind in options so the player can set up the buttons how they see fit.

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Controller Off Button/Rebind

Post by Robby » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Glad to get some feedback on controllers! I haven't tested with any other controllers yet other than an XBox controller, so at the moment I can say that XBox controllers are the only fully supported and tested controllers. That being said, the D-Pad on the XBox controller is supposed to be used for shortcuts like you mentioned. It is the left analog stick that is to be used for movement. Is this not how your controller is working? Are there any other buttons that seem wack?

Also curious, are you using a PS3 or PS4 controller?

BiggerLover

Post by BiggerLover » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 pm

The controller I use is the Logitech F310:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000 ... B003VAHYQY

I said Playstation for simplicity's sake. The analog works for movement, but up and down are reversed. The MODE button swaps the d-pad and analog but up and down are still reversed on both settings. A=attack, X=jump, R1=lightning, R2=shield. Not the bindings I'd prefer.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Ok thanks for the info! I'll try and have the up/down issue fixed in today's update, which will be out later today. If you have any other issues with the controller please let me know, as I still need a bit of feedback on it. The custom controls thing unfortunately will have to wait for now though.