Monster Concepts

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Monster Concepts

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 am

Heya. So, as you peeps may have noticed, I have made a few monsters for Eliatopia as well. The first monster I'll be presenting is a monster you'd all be familiar with because it had appeared in the "Known Issues" banner back in the Flash era of Eliatopia.:

Crabs tend to move sideways, hence why his views are full-frontal and full-back rather than the usual 3/4 front and 3/4 back.

And yes, the guy's even halved to fit in with the rest.:

I think he'd be a mob who'd spawn in or near Teplar Pond or the river. Heck, I'd argue he'd probably be the first beach area encounter. I'd say he'd have these stats.

Scientific Name: Uca Teplarus (Two known subspecies: Uca Teplarus Teplarus and Uca Teplarus Oceanus; the latter being stronger despite having the exact same appearance)
HP: 64
Defense: 12
Power: 12
EXP/Gold (approximated from an old formula): 13
Drops: Beach Umbrella (2%), Big Squirt Gun (4%), Boxers (As common as Squisher sticks; I think it's 10%?)
Height: 4.26 feet/1.3 meters (measured width)
Weight: 44.1 lbs/22.0 kg

Now, for the logbook entry.:

Crabs in Eliatopia are unique in a way that they can survive in land and water like amphibians, a characteristic shared with the Fanged Squisher. In Teplar Woods, Fanged Squishers are part of the Fiddler Crab's diet along with some small fish and crustaceans. Fiddler crabs found in the oceanic waters, on the other hand, settled for a wider variety of creatures such as clams. These crabs are so big that the people of Eliatopia eat both their carapaces and their legs.

----

Next up is a bear.

Mainly this guy was designed to keep players who are a bit too far ahead of the monsters in the game a challenge. As for spawns, here are what I think would work as a location.:

Mixed spawns: 1 in 16 chance of spawning in Shagdaw spawners.
Solo spawns: In or after Teplar Village

Here are its stats:

Scientific Name: Ursus Teplarus
HP: 750
Defense: 18-24 (Around the defense of a Spiky Squisher)
Power: 32-36 (depending on defense)
EXP: ~32 (Using an old EXP formula from an earlier email and assuming 13 EXP from a Shagdaw)
Attacks: Claw, Lunge (1.5 more damage than Claw)
Height: 4.68 feet/1.43 meters (measured height)
Weight: 1322.8-1411 lbs/600-640 kg (scaled from actual bears)
Drops: Blueberries (Common as Squisher Sticks), Twig (Common as Squisher Sticks), Marshmallow Stick (Uncommon; 3-4x as common than Shagdaw blueberries (rough guess; don't know how often Squsher sticks or Shagdaw blueberries appear)), Wood Bow (Rare; as common as Shagdaw Blueberries), Long Bow (Ultra Rare; as rare as Shagdaw sticks and Spikey brown boots, maybe a single point value more)

Now for its logbook entry.:

Bears are a huge omnivore, yet Eliatopian grizzlies are larger than our grizzlies. From what we can tell, Eliatopian Grizzly Bears have eaten a wide variety of foods, ranging from berries and nuts to smaller animals like Squishers. Larger animals such as Shagdaws and deerlike creatures have been eaten by bears. Unlike our bears, Eliatopian Grizzly Bears have one natural predator: the Lotus Eye.

----

Next is the Ice Squisher.

While I personally think a cave would be a good transition from Teplar Woods to a snowy area, a creature I felt would be a good idea at the time was, well, an Ice Squisher. He'd probably be between a Fanged Squisher and a Petunia in both power and defense. Probably something like this.

Scientific Name: Gelata Glacies
HP: 18
Defense: 4
Power: 6
EXP: 5
Attacks: Lunge, Ice Breath (1.5x Lunge power)
Height: 2.83 feet/0.86 meters (From its icicle down)
Weight: 70.5-79.4 lbs/32-36 kg (Most of its weight comes from the glacier on its head)
Drops: Blueberries (Common as Squisher Sticks), Birthday Hat (5%)

Here's the log entry too.:

Along with the impressive underwater breathing ability of the Fanged Squisher, the cold skin and blood of the Ice Squisher helped scientists classify squishers as amphibians. Annoyingly, while Ice Squishers have eaten much of the same things as Squishers, they also eat yellow snow for some reason. Scientists are utterly baffled by this behavior from the Ice Squisher. Frozen, mummified remains of Ice Squishers were found in the tundra, which may help us determine how squisher evolution worked.

----

Speaking of squishers, I made a new species of squisher that is large enough to support life on its head: the sand squisher.:

I wanted the creature to have life growing on its head, plus there's the muddy-looking appearance, so there's that. Here are its stats:

Scientific Name: Gelata Harenae
HP: 200
Defense: 25
Power: 20
EXP: 24
Attacks: Lunge, Mud Spit (Slows players down)
Height: 2.38 feet/0.72 meters (Measured)
Weight: 55-70 lbs/24.9-31.8 kg
Drops: Wood Plank (As common as Squisher sticks), Beach Umbrella (5%), Paintball Mask (1%)

Now for the entry.:

Unlike squishers, sand squishers neither make burrows nor do they bounce. Instead, sand squishers use their sandy bulk to crawl along the ground and camouflage themselves within the sand. Sand squishers may either use coral, anemones, sea urchins, or starfish in order to help hide themselves from prey. Despite their small height and body length, Sand squishers were able to eat creatures small and large. One average-sized individual ate an exceptionally large fiddler crab!

----

Lastly, we got the Eliatopian Giant Wasp.

This thing would be the first flying monster if implemented. Hey, if birds didn't work the best because of them being implemented on age-old code, why not have flying monsters incorporated into the game while the game's still fresh? Anyway, here are the stats.:

Scientific Name: Vespula Gargantua
HP: 250
Defense: 20
Power: 25
EXP: 49 (24 EXP * 2 for the rarity modifier)
Height: 4.55 feet/1.39 meters
Weight: 57.1-90.4 kg (measured by volume; normal wasps are 12-17 mm long and weight 84.1±19.0 mg)
Class: Flying Mob (multiplies EXP by 2)
Drops: Apple (as common as Squisher sticks), Carving Fork (4%), Epee (4%), Rusty Dagger (2%), Pitchfork (0.5%)

And here's its logbook entry.:

Research on Eliatopia's atmosphere has shown that Eliatopia's atmosphere is comprised of 72% nitrogen, 25% oxygen, 2% xenon, and 1% every other gas found on Earth. Despite Eliatopia having similar levels of oxygen to Earth, researchers have found massive wasps in Teplar Woods. These wasps are observed to eat squishers, shagdaws, and even small birds.The only known natural predator of these wasps is the Lotus Eye, which is immune to the wasp's venomous sting.

So yeah, there's that. For real, though, how do drop rates work this time? Like, for instance, how often do squishers and shagdaws drop sticks respectively?

troopas

Re: Monster Concepts

Post by troopas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:23 pm

miso? get outta that flashlight disguise!

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:47 am

these look beautiful

troopas

Post by troopas » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:22 am

JoMan2 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:47 am
these look beautiful
Stop necro posting Jo.

JoMan2