Houses/social aspects

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Zuji
Houses/social aspects

Post by Zuji » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:29 pm

Well, I was noodling around on the internet the other day and I came across a rewritten version of the game Club Penguin. I started to think back to when I played the game and what made it fun to play. I have 3 things on that game that could be used in this game if people want to. Note that this is a different style then Eliatopia and therefore most of these suggestions will be about the social aspects of Eliatopia.

#1: Houses. Ok ok, it is an adventure mmo, but not everyone wants to stand in 1 place killing virtual mobs. I think you could just add a place in Alion for your "house". You would only be able to go into your house unless either it was set so anyone could enter by the owner, or you were invited somehow. This is also a great thing to add to the payvault without being p2w. In Cp(Club Penguin) you could buy different upgrades for your "igloo". You could change the design completely, such as make it split level or make a split level with 1 level outdoors. These type upgrades could be sold in the payvault for emeralds. Additionally, you could buy decorations to put in your house. You could just make limited items that have to be in a specific spot if you do not want to spend time figuring out how to make it customizable. People often hosted parties and such at their igloos in CP so elia might be the same, along with a private area to chill with your friends without beggers or people bugging you, but without the fear of botting since it is an area without any mobs.

#2. Pets. I saw mike's post earlier today and I think that is a pretty good system to have for pets. I feel like they shouldn't give you significant advantages, so then you could sell pets or pet upgrades in the payvault without p2w concerns. Some minor boosts from pets could include slight damage or defense boost, or movement speed/jump distance(not sure about that one). You could also have a special section of your house dedicated to your pet, which could be upgraded with emeralds as well. I don't think you should go as far as making the pets required to be fed and played with like in CP. I think you should be able to level them up and give them some gear, similiar to hh, but no booking makes it so you have to get the def just by leveling.

3#.This want I have not really thought out as much as the other ones and how it would work but il cover a couple extra things in this section. Firstly, a monthly catalog with items to put in your "house" that won't be available after that month(You could do it less, like 3 months, 6 months, or even annually). This could include season items(like a pumpkin for halloween) along with some community designed items. These could be purchased with emeralds or coins, whatever you want. The next thing is minigames. I know these have been brought up before, but I really think CP brought fun minigames to do with your friends. I don't have specific ideas quite yet, and I know you mentioned some kind of carnival games eventually so I won't elaborate on this one much more for now. I saw a few similarities between CP and HH with the events they held and such, like how the game moderator would go on during events and give out rare items sometimes.

That is pretty much it, if you would just like this to be a more grinding type mmo, that is fine, just a suggestion, but I do suggest adding more importance to playing with other players, because at the moment it is basically a single player game with multiplayer aspects like trading and I feel as though more should be incorporated besides fighting bosses.

If you read all that, props to you, enjoy your day =P
Last edited by Zuji on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From, Zuji
Eliatopia: Zuji
Discord: Zuji#7832
Gmail: Private
PM me on discord or on Eliatopia for any questions!

mike

Re: Some ideas...

Post by mike » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:36 am

Zuji wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:29 pm

#2. Pets. I saw mike's post earlier today and I think that is a pretty good system to have for pets. I feel like they shouldn't give you significant advantages, so then you could sell pets or pet upgrades in the payvault without p2w concerns. Some minor boosts from pets could include slight damage or defense boost, or movement speed/jump distance(not sure about that one). You could also have a special section of your house dedicated to your pet, which could be upgraded with emeralds as well. I don't think you should go as far as making the pets required to be fed and played with like in CP. I think you should be able to level them up and give them some gear, similiar to hh, but no booking makes it so you have to get the def just by leveling.

If you read all that, props to you, enjoy your day =P
i rly dont think pets should have something like a slight damage increase boost. That'd be way too op. I don't want pets to be involved with emeralds in any way, Just gold and pure grinding. I wouldn't want pets to be upgraded too.

my suggestion was a pet would have a certain skill and it would be triggered in some way, something like if a player used a skill. There would be an (example) 5% chance the pet would attack the closest enemy in a 5 meter radius. or something like that. I'd want the pets just to be default when you buy them and not be upgradable

edit:the pets way like, the amount of damage the pet would deal would be related with the total statistics the player has
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

Zuji

Post by Zuji » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:58 pm

Yea, I was just trying to think of things for the PV that weren't completely p2w, so probably better to stay away from this pet idea
From, Zuji

masnam

Post by masnam » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:09 pm

yes

official_kipselt

Post by official_kipselt » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Robby add this please
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Zuji

Post by Zuji » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:53 pm

masnam wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:09 pm
yes
Yes what
From, Zuji

masnam

Post by masnam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Zuji wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:53 pm
masnam wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:09 pm
yes
Yes what
yes

Zuji

Post by Zuji » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Last edited by Zuji on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From, Zuji

Zuji

Re: Houses/social aspects

Post by Zuji » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:17 pm

uhh what do other ppl think about this
From, Zuji