Boss Suggestion

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Jakub34
Boss Suggestion

Post by Jakub34 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Enemies from bosses
First and foremost, the enemies that spawn from bosses should not give any exp, coins, or loot. This is only encouraging players to farm the enemies from the boss, instead of the enemies in other nearby areas, due to the insane spawn rate. This in return means that you can more money/exp than you normally should be earning.

Private loot
Onto the boss itself, there should be a reason for every player to do something. With the current system, there is not much of a reason for the player to contribute much, since they can run in last minute and just loot everything. Because of this, there should be a way for players to have their own loot. A player will be eligible for loot when they hit a certain damage threshold on a boss. For example, let's say the damage threshold on Ooze Horror was 500. A player must deal at least 500 damage to the boss before they qualify for loot. Assuming that a player does not hit this threshold, they will at least earn coins and exp from the boss. Since bosses do heal, this will not count towards the loot threshold. For example, if player 1 brought the boss's health down to 1 and let it healed to its max, and player 2 killed the boss, player 2 will not be eligible for loot.

Boss Loot and stuff
Bosses are supposed to be hard to kill, and with that, they should be rewarding. Boss drops should be divided up into 3 different types: guaranteed, random, and MVP. Guaranteed drops are drops that will always drop for a player. For example, let's say a boss dropped a stage 1 and 2 poison rune and a stage 1 sharpening stone as a guaranteed drop. A player will be guaranteed that they will get anywhere from 1-3 of those items. Random drops, as the name implies, will have a random chance to drop. MVP drops are given to the player that dealt the most damage and will guarantee that the MVP player will get a random item. The most damage is based on the threshold damage, and not the total damage itself. Going back to the previous example with player 1 and player 2, player 1 will be the MVP, as they did the most threshold damage.

Criticalism

Re: Boss Suggestion

Post by Criticalism » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:06 pm

i did not read at all but must support this kind of theory for improvements
Image Cɾιƚιƈαʅყʂɱ
Image C̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶
Dιʂɠɾαƈҽ
Image ~Nyaa ♥

HALCON666

Post by HALCON666 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Support

mike

Post by mike » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:07 pm

I'd suggest something like chests, everytime u kill a boss, the 3 players who dealt the most damage will be given chests, 3 tiers. Common/Rare/Epic. The common would be green, rare would be blue, epic would be purple. The items in the chests are completely random. The chests will only be shown the 3 people who got them individually.
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:57 pm

mike wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:07 pm
I'd suggest something like chests, everytime u kill a boss, the 3 players who dealt the most damage will be given chests, 3 tiers. Common/Rare/Epic. The common would be green, rare would be blue, epic would be purple. The items in the chests are completely random. The chests will only be shown the 3 people who got them individually.
Chests for bosses is definitely a good idea. (Makes bosses seem more like bosses :>)
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:51 pm

This I definitely agree with.

-----

I personally wouldn't call 10 seconds at Lumbercore "insane" by normal gameplay standards (it's really a smidge faster than Dumtilians, which have 15-second spawn intervals), as I've seen faster in HH and from Ground Spitters before the fix, but the boss mob spawns are definitely ridiculous compared to other bosses that had a mob-spawning mechanic. Removing loot rewards from the mobs will definitely prevent the mob spawn rates from being exploited, but if there has to be a reward for killing mobs in the boss area (not that we'd want there to be one), then let me put it this way: Coins and loot should still be removed, that's for sure, but chopping EXP rewards to 1/5 normal EXP at most would suffice.

-----

I would like to see your inspiration behind the Private Loot idea, because the only game I can think of with that mechanic or something similar is an idle game called "Cosmos Quest," which nobody really liked despite actually getting boss damage-tracking right. I will say that you are definitely right when you said boss healing shouldn't count towards boss EXP rewards.

Hmm, come to think of it, HH did an overly-simplified version of the same loot system: using a player damage-checking system to see who gets the loot. I did say "overly-simplified" because it's literally "most damage wins."

-----

Funny you'd mention Boss Loot; I actually had the idea of boss-specific loot before you did. I definitely like your version of the idea better than my version. Hmm... But how to execute it, though..? I would say that the three categories of loot stated would best be divided into slots myself. Following through with your idea, it would go like this:

MVP Item: Automatically placed into the inventory of the MVP in question; no map drops.
Guaranteed Slot 1: 100% chance of an item in the "Guaranteed" list. Game starts guaranteed item check here.
Guaranteed Slot 2: 25% chance of either an item in the "Guaranteed" list or nothing. Game stops guaranteed item check here if nothing happens.
Guaranteed Slot 3: 25% chance of either an item in the "Guaranteed" list or nothing. Game stops guaranteed item check here.
Random Item: Functions just like the normal loot system. Map drops allowed.

Bosses are supposed to be difficult, yes, but unfortunately that's not the case with these guys. Where its at right now, the Ooze Horror would swiftly get neutered by players with Kriss-Vectors, and that's bearing in mind that bosses in Eliatopia were intended to be raid bosses to be fought against by at least a group of three. Ooze Horror and Lumbercore would definitely benefit from having their HP tripled and doubled respectively. Doubled for Lumbercore because I would think he's more of a mid-boss than a boss. I say that because the Ooze Horror actually had story built around him (in fact, I think you were supposed to be required to kill Ooze Horror before being allowed access westward) while Lumbercore just... exists.

-----

Adding in my own two cents, I would imagine the most valuable items going to MVP. For example, I would imagine the Wood Gem Staff being the MVP item for Lumbercore. Guaranteed items? I would think small stuff like the P1 runes you brought up. That and one idea I had for Moonchyllus is a guaranteed Cleric's Cross drop. The random items can be whatever. But yeah, there's that.

troopas

Post by troopas » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:53 pm

support
(But I would really miss grinding logons at lumber)

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Bump

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 am

I'm still WAITING for this CONCEPT..!

{NZ}Jkl

Post by {NZ}Jkl » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 am

Good idea