Return of the Dire Rat + Drop Balancing

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Return of the Dire Rat + Drop Balancing

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:54 am

Guess what, folks? He's back~!

That's right. I'm bringing back the Dire Rat with an all new look. I think this would be a good fit for Alion City as a mob because, well, what's one of the worst things a city can have? That's right, RATS! These rats will be crazy butt monsters. Here are the stats I cam up with for the Dire Rat:

Name: Dire Rat
HP: 640
Defense: 68
Power: 72
Poison Damage: 3 (Because PLAGUE!)

This should be enough to match the upcoming 1st-tier Alion sets, but not the 2nd-tier Alion sets when those decide to pop up.

I also made the creature's roar: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... re_Rat.mp3

The boom at the beginning was intentional; I wanted the roar to sound intimidating. By comparing it with the Logon, the Stalagmite, and the Grunt, this was what I got for the Dire Rat's drop list:

Drops: Banana ($13; Common), Burger ($27; Common), Pie Tin ($19, Common), Sweatband ($23; Common), Survival Knife ($399; Common), Glock ($2046; Uncommon (I'd say the same drop rate as Baseball Helmets from Grunts), Police Helmet ($2970; Rare), Riot Shield ($3194; Rare), Pollution Helmet ($9661; Very Rare), Chunk Pistol ($20676; Very Rare), Stage 1 Poison Rune (Very Rare), Stage 2 Poison Rune (Very Rare)

The entire drop list is based on a "City" theme because rats.

The Banana and Burger are food items because let's face it, when rats come to eat, they're NOT going away. The Banana is a plant item while the Burger is a meat item. Both items represent the omnivorous nature of rats.

As rats like to rummage through garbage, I put in the Pie Tin and the Chunk Pistol. The Pie Tin is, as one would expect, garbage. As for the Chunk Pistol, as stated by the item description, the Chunk Pistol is without a doubt garbage. This made the Chunk Pistol the perfect "Special Drop" for Dire Rats (Logons have the Log set and Grunts have the Tribal Spear).

The sweatband is there to show that rats are gross.

The survival knife is there because, frankly, I felt it would be life or death if someone was faced with a seven-foot-tall rat.

The Glock, Police Helmet, and Riot Shield are there because policemen.

Because rats carry diseases, I put in the Pollution Helmet and BOTH stages of Poison Rune.

So yeah, there's that. Speaking of drop lists, time for a balancing act! For this one, I shall look at each of the pre-Logon monsters. After making comparisons with the Hellshag, Crab, and Logon, here's what I suggest in order to balance things out.:

Petunia: Increase drop rate of twigs; add Pink Hat ($20) and Big Squirt Gun ($30)
Spiked Squisher: Add Burger ($27) or Carving Fork ($37) because spikes
Ground Spitter: Add Wood Bow ($64) and Club ($107)
Dumtilians: Double the drop rate of everything; good lord!
Agent: Add Baseball Bat (Where are they at?)
Rafflesia: Add Romance Shoes ($3514); I literally thought they'd make the best super-rare special drop for Rafflesias.

So yeah, there's that.

Criticalism

Re: Return of the Dire Rat + Drop Balancing

Post by Criticalism » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:12 am

thats good for alion city rats underground lmao or sewer
Image Cɾιƚιƈαʅყʂɱ
Image C̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶
Dιʂɠɾαƈҽ
Image ~Nyaa ♥

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:38 am

Woah, chunk pistol drops!
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

troopas

Post by troopas » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:18 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:54 am
Guess what, folks? He's back~!

That's right. I'm bringing back the Dire Rat with an all new look. I think this would be a good fit for Alion City as a mob because, well, what's one of the worst things a city can have? That's right, RATS! These rats will be crazy butt monsters. Here are the stats I cam up with for the Dire Rat:

Name: Dire Rat
HP: 640
Defense: 68
Power: 72
Poison Damage: 3 (Because PLAGUE!)

This should be enough to match the upcoming 1st-tier Alion sets, but not the 2nd-tier Alion sets when those decide to pop up.

I also made the creature's roar: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... re_Rat.mp3

The boom at the beginning was intentional; I wanted the roar to sound intimidating. By comparing it with the Logon, the Stalagmite, and the Grunt, this was what I got for the Dire Rat's drop list:

Drops: Banana ($13; Common), Burger ($27; Common), Pie Tin ($19, Common), Sweatband ($23; Common), Survival Knife ($399; Common), Glock ($2046; Uncommon (I'd say the same drop rate as Baseball Helmets from Grunts), Police Helmet ($2970; Rare), Riot Shield ($3194; Rare), Pollution Helmet ($9661; Very Rare), Chunk Pistol ($20676; Very Rare), Stage 1 Poison Rune (Very Rare), Stage 2 Poison Rune (Very Rare)

The entire drop list is based on a "City" theme because rats.

The Banana and Burger are food items because let's face it, when rats come to eat, they're NOT going away. The Banana is a plant item while the Burger is a meat item. Both items represent the omnivorous nature of rats.

As rats like to rummage through garbage, I put in the Pie Tin and the Chunk Pistol. The Pie Tin is, as one would expect, garbage. As for the Chunk Pistol, as stated by the item description, the Chunk Pistol is without a doubt garbage. This made the Chunk Pistol the perfect "Special Drop" for Dire Rats (Logons have the Log set and Grunts have the Tribal Spear).

The sweatband is there to show that rats are gross.

The survival knife is there because, frankly, I felt it would be life or death if someone was faced with a seven-foot-tall rat.

The Glock, Police Helmet, and Riot Shield are there because policemen.

Because rats carry diseases, I put in the Pollution Helmet and BOTH stages of Poison Rune.

So yeah, there's that. Speaking of drop lists, time for a balancing act! For this one, I shall look at each of the pre-Logon monsters. After making comparisons with the Hellshag, Crab, and Logon, here's what I suggest in order to balance things out.:

Petunia: Increase drop rate of twigs; add Pink Hat ($20) and Big Squirt Gun ($30)
Spiked Squisher: Add Burger ($27) or Carving Fork ($37) because spikes
Ground Spitter: Add Wood Bow ($64) and Club ($107)
Dumtilians: Double the drop rate of everything; good lord!
Agent: Add Baseball Bat (Where are they at?)
Rafflesia: Add Romance Shoes ($3514); I literally thought they'd make the best super-rare special drop for Rafflesias.

So yeah, there's that.

awesomeness777

Post by awesomeness777 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:50 pm

xantis should be a dire rat :D

troopas

Post by troopas » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:44 pm

awesomeness777 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:50 pm
xantis should be a dire rat :D
I like flashlights other design of xantis more than dire rat being him. He reminded me of hitler