Homing Arrows...

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
yasvsV
Homing Arrows...

Post by yasvsV » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:38 am

This is something I can't help but suggest:
Since homing arrows are too OP, debuff it :shock: :shock:

Here's what I'm thinking:
Currently, the homing arrows will follow the mobs with precision and accuracy until they disappear after a set amount of time or they land a hit on their target. These homing arrows will seek out their prey, basically no matter where they are, and sometimes skip on top of water surfaces like skipped rocks in order to reach their prey. Unreasonably OP.

I have nothing more to say on this matter except to make the homing arrows one-directional towards the direction of a mob. If they miss the first time, there will be no next time since the arrow hits a tree or another object and disappears. This still keeps the idea of homing arrows but makes it so that the arrow does not literally CIRCLE THE PREY for however many times needed (especially if it is a high-jumping mob) in order to land a hit.
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

Flashlight237

Re: Homing Arrows...

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:53 am

Remove the homing part, got it.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 am

Well, guess it'll be called a "Tracking Arrow" instead homing .... makes sense in this context.
KONO DIA DA!

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:09 am

Hmm, changing the Homing Arrows to Tracking Arrows is not a bad idea... ;)

Criticalism

Post by Criticalism » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:34 am

noooooooooowooooo u just jelly cuz we can farm easily REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Image Cɾιƚιƈαʅყʂɱ
Image C̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶
Dιʂɠɾαƈҽ
Image ~Nyaa ♥

LayZBoi

Post by LayZBoi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:40 pm

just decrease the amount of time that homing arrow lasts for, if it goes in a straight line than it's just a regular arrow.

Satan

Post by Satan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 pm

Or maybe decrease the firing speed when holding down the N key. To atleast make it so that you can't farm almost every single mob in an area just by sitting still and spamming your mouse. I'm not sure how effective this would be but any nerf is great to a class that gets more items and money and is able to shoot anything from anywhere.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:18 am

Satan wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 pm
Or maybe decrease the firing speed when holding down the N key. To atleast make it so that you can't farm almost every single mob in an area just by sitting still and spamming your mouse. I'm not sure how effective this would be but any nerf is great to a class that gets more items and money and is able to shoot anything from anywhere.
I don't think this would fix the issue, usually when they spam; the extra orbs are just idling around (Assuming every enemy is currently REDACTED), slowing the firing speed would change nothing really, as the orbs would have a target - which ties into the enemy spawn rate.
KONO DIA DA!

Satan

Post by Satan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:12 am

Yes i think you are right, but homing arrows still need a nerf.

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:57 am

LayZBoi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:40 pm
just decrease the amount of time that homing arrow lasts for, if it goes in a straight line than it's just a regular arrow.
I guess you're right, but decreasing the amount of time of time homing arrows last for is kind of the idea I was going for. :D